• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Please listen to the players

DeletedUser8859

But I don't think there's too many events. With the addition of GE, more events, DC, it's all really forcing more and more choice onto players which I think is a good thing for gaming.

More choices? or conflicting issues with player's strategy and goals?
In some worlds my taverns are not yet fully upgraded due to conflicts with DC requiring to waste silver to activate three (3) boosts in a day that I do not need. Then, keep silver to unlock that 16K or 25K silver tavern upgrade or waste it in boosts not needed because I'm also interested in today's DC chest or close to complete the 7th DC chest?

Choose to complete event after event lured by some shiny new special building? or being pushed to next era before being prepared for? I have seen many EMA or HMA cities that do not have even a Statue of Zeus or Lighthouse of Alexandria built. Just bad luck with BPs or advancing too fast n the tech tree?

DeletedUser7942

More choices? or conflicting issues with player's strategy and goals?
Yes, both, conflict brings about choice, makes one think harder about one's goals, strategies and what one wants out of the game. They could easily add more aspects to the game that push choice even further and I would be even more happy with it.

Yes, both, conflict brings about choice, makes one think harder about one's goals, strategies and what one wants out of the game. They could easily add more aspects to the game that push choice even further and I would be even more happy with it.
No choice but chance... It was a game of strategy and it become month after month only a lottery. If you are lucky (or have a lot of diams) you win, if not you got a motivation pack. I hate %chance !

DeletedUser7942

No choice but chance... It was a game of strategy and it become month after month only a lottery. If you are lucky (or have a lot of diams) you win, if not you got a motivation pack. I hate %chance !
You're in the wrong game if you don't like % chance to win something but that isn't what I'm talking about here. The OP is talking about having events one right after the other, and like I mentioned couple that with trying to manage to do GE, if that's what you want, with trying to do DC's, if that's what you want to do, with trying to get GB's, if that's what you want to do, with trying to GvG, if that's what you want, with trying to be a helpful team player to your guild, if that's what you want to do etc. all make for a more complex and challenging gaming experience. If you just want a sandbox to play in there are games like that, this aint it really if you want to do those things.

DeletedUser8859

I would like to get a balance between time during events and time without an event. I mean, out of 52 weeks per year, how many of them are enough for events? From recent / previous events we got:
Seasonal Events: 21 Weeks
  • Carnival Event: February 8, 2017 - February 28, 2017: 3 Weeks
  • Spring Event 2017: March 28, 2017 - April 17, 2017: 3 Weeks
  • May Day Event: April 27, 2017 - May 11, 2017: 2 Weeks
  • Summer Event 2017: June 28, 2017 - July 19, 2017: 3 Weeks
  • Fall Event 2017: September 5, 2017 - September 28, 2017: 3 Weeks
  • Halloween Event : October 19, 2017 - November 2, 2017: 2 Weeks
  • Winter Event: November 30, 2017 - January 4, 2018 : 5 Weeks
Other Events: Variable, but up to 4 Weeks
  • Forge Bowl Event: January 16, 2018 - February 5, 2018: 3 weeks
  • 5th aniversay Event: April 20, 2017 - April 24, 2017: 5 days,
  • FoE Soccer Cup Event: June 9, 2016 - July 10, 2016 : 31 days or 4+ Weeks
Historical Events: 1 Week per event, 7 Weeks per year
  • Ussually short events of 1 week long.
  • Since 2016 we have got like 7 of these per year.
So, from 28 to 32 Weeks per year in events? Something is not that special if we got it 50% or more of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
If an event is just after an event after an event... that's not an event but usual game...
And on each event we have to infiltrate, win a province, have a new tech... not infinite on game... if we participate to each event we will be stopped in a few cause no new province winnable, no new tech buyable...
I like the idea to have news on game, to have the choice of doing that or not... but there is so constraints and actions to be done contrary to our game choices (negociate on GE... attack neighbours... visit taverns... sell buildings... have lot of blacksmith to have xh prods...) I accept to do that if i am sure to win good prices, i do not accept it to buy diams to win the chance to only have a chance to have a chance to have the chance to have motivation kit...

DeletedUser7942

If an event is just after an event after an event... that's not an event but usual game...
And on each event we have to infiltrate, win a province, have a new tech... not infinite on game... if we participate to each event we will be stopped in a few cause no new province winnable, no new tech buyable...
I like the idea to have news on game, to have the choice of doing that or not... but there is so constraints and actions to be done contrary to our game choices (negociate on GE... attack neighbours... visit taverns... sell buildings... have lot of blacksmith to have xh prods...) I accept to do that if i am sure to win good prices, i do not accept it to buy diams to win the chance to only have a chance to have a chance to have the chance to have motivation kit...
Tech and Map requirements for quests autocomplete unless it also has an "or" condition, so yes you can do the events even if your tech and map are done.

This game has always been structured for players to buy diamonds for events, that's IG's biggest income on this game and why it's free to play.

Tech and Map requirements for quests autocomplete unless it also has an "or" condition, so yes you can do the events even if your tech and map are done.

This game has always been structured for players to buy diamonds for events, that's IG's biggest income on this game and why it's free to play.
No there is no alternative to infiltrate sectors and acquire a province... (Halloween 2017 : Q#35 : "Scout a province" / Winter 2017 : "Gain control over a province" / Forge Bowl : Q#20 : "Gain control over a province" / Carnival 2018 => Q#9 "Infiltrate 2 sectors" Q#11 "Acquire 1 sector without fighting" Q#18 "Acquire 2 sectors without fighting"Q#20 "Acquire a province" => no alternative !!!!)
More or less 15 provinces used on events each year !!!!
And i agree with you, it is normal to let pay for diams but diams will not be used on event to only have a chance to have a chance to win something and finaly win poo...

Last edited:

DeletedUser7942

No there is no alternative to infiltrate sectors and acquire a province... (Forge Bowl : Q#20 : "Gain control over a province" / Carnival 2018 => Q#9 "Infiltrate 2 sectors" Q#11 "Acquire 1 sector without fighting" Q#18 "Acquire 2 sectors without fighting"Q#20 "Acquire a province" => no alternative !!!!) and i agree with you, it is normal to let pay for diams but diams will not be used on event to only have a chance to have a chance to win something and finaly win poo...
If you have conquered all of the map and there is a quest that asks for a map condition and it does not have an "or" condition it will autocomplete.

You do not have only a chance to win "poo", you have a chance to win "poo" or the thing you want which I assume is not poo, the more you spend the more you get of both, always been that way.

I am Iron Age, my map is HMA i cant win a batlle i cant acquire a province and my quest do not autocomplete ! is it too hard to understand that ?
I accept to pay a sanctuary not to pay a motivation kit, if i only have a chance to win a sanctuary i will never buy diams...
Last event i lost 1000 diams for 5 victory towers and 2 rogue... it is the last time i spend diams to expect to have chance to win something. That's all.

DeletedUser7942

I am Iron Age, my map is HMA i cant win a batlle i cant acquire a province and my quest do not autocomplete ! is it too hard to understand that ?
I accept to pay a sanctuary not to pay a motivation kit, if i only have a chance to win a sanctuary i will never buy diams...
Last event i lost 1000 diams for 5 victory towers and 2 rogue... it is the last time i spend diams to expect to have chance to win something. That's all.
Okay, you just started playing the game so you certainly can't expect to be able to do everything. You only spent enough diamonds on something for 7 chances at it, that's not very much at all so you can't expect much in return. That's how it's always been so I don't expect that to ever change unless somehow they figure out some other way to make revenue but apparently when they tried this last time with the ad thing the community lost its marbles.

DeletedUser7107

Anything reported here that we confirmed to be a bug was sent to the dev team. Then those reports are moved to subforums so our main bugs forum does not get cluttered with already known issues.
As to what gets fixed or improved and when, that is beyond my control. If you have a specific issue you want me to look into I will be happy to.

I would like to know why a lag was put into the abort button on recurring quests. On a previous thread you said you would look into it, I have never heard anything else about it and all all the threads concerning that are not to be found

DeletedUser6705

I would like to know why a lag was put into the abort button on recurring quests. On a previous thread you said you would look into it, I have never heard anything else about it and all all the threads concerning that are not to be found

Yes, they HAVE looked into it, chose to ignore it and put it into live as it is :rolleyes: ... or should we use :mad:
Can anybody remind me what the point of Beta was?

NormaJeane

Viceroy

Well, I had no trouble finding threads/posts on this issue ;) the most important one being:
Recurring quests buttons [47066]

Yes, they HAVE looked into it, chose to ignore it and put it into live as it is :rolleyes: ...

Although we do not have a timeframe, this issue is being addressed by the development team.
As usual any news regarding it will be published in the Daily Changelogs.

DeletedUser5160

If you have conquered all of the map and there is a quest that asks for a map condition and it does not have an "or" condition it will autocomplete.

You do not have only a chance to win "poo", you have a chance to win "poo" or the thing you want which I assume is not poo, the more you spend the more you get of both, always been that way.
Wrong. Back in 2013 April event (when I first joined), the main appeal was that I could directly buy my prizes instead of open a loot box.

DeletedUser

Wrong. Back in 2013 April event (when I first joined), the main appeal was that I could directly buy my prizes instead of open a loot box.
to good old Easter Event
index.php
a wysiwyg shop without randomly getting poo

only costs diamonds if you don't have enough eggs (in the pics the player has 45)
and the best thing on using diamonds. you buy exactly the needed amount of missing eggs. if you have 45 and need 5 you buy 5 eggs which cost 5 eachs makes 25 (small FP package on the picture) if you need 55 eggs it costs 275 diamonds. not being forced to buy 300 eggs no matter how many you need or what you want to buy

the best event shop ever in FoE

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-03-23 - Too large image(s), spoiler tags were added. Max size allowed is: 600x480 pixels.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6705

Although we do not have a timeframe, this issue is being addressed by the development team.
As usual any news regarding it will be published in the Daily Changelogs.

yes... that may well be so, but the point remains that this WAS spotted in beta well on time, but still rammed down the live servers. Timelines yet again more important than actual player experience?
I do not believe that any of those managers who make decisions such as transporting software with more bugs than a dead buffalo into a live environment have made the company a single penny over the years.... all the pennies (and pounds, euros, dollars...) come in for from those players who pay for the experience of this game, and after that upgrade that experience was rotten!

If bugs that render the game more or less unplayable are shouted out in Beta they should be fixed ***before*** before the move, and if that delays an "upgrade" by a few days so be it. After all, what's the worse that could happen... probably just one of those managers losing a bonus for not meeting timelines, and surely we can't have THAT...

NormaJeane

Viceroy
yes... that may well be so, but the point remains that this WAS spotted in beta well on time, but still rammed down the live servers. Timelines yet again more important than actual player experience?
I do not believe that any of those managers who make decisions such as transporting software with more bugs than a dead buffalo into a live environment have made the company a single penny over the years.... all the pennies (and pounds, euros, dollars...) come in for from those players who pay for the experience of this game, and after that upgrade that experience was rotten!

If bugs that render the game more or less unplayable are shouted out in Beta they should be fixed ***before*** before the move, and if that delays an "upgrade" by a few days so be it. After all, what's the worse that could happen... probably just one of those managers losing a bonus for not meeting timelines, and surely we can't have THAT...

To the best of my knowledge the current 'delay' issue was an unforeseen side-effect of a fix for the issue where you needed to refresh after every 2 quest-cancels in order to properly see a new quest. Imho a roll-back to that issue would be more interfering with player experience ;)

Sometimes it is unfortunately inevitable that an issue reported on beta will reach the live-servers. It is simply impossible to just detach a part of the game, so as always the pros and cons will be weighed before a new release goes out and in this case the pros won...

Last edited:

shad2389

Viceroy
to good old Easter Event
index.php
a wysiwyg shop without randomly getting poo

only costs diamonds if you don't have enough eggs (in the pics the player has 45)
and the best thing on using diamonds. you buy exactly the needed amount of missing eggs. if you have 45 and need 5 you buy 5 eggs which cost 5 eachs makes 25 (small FP package on the picture) if you need 55 eggs it costs 275 diamonds. not being forced to buy 300 eggs no matter how many you need or what you want to buy

the best event shop ever in FoE

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-03-23 - Too large image(s), spoiler tags were added. Max size allowed is: 600x480 pixels.
would be great if instead of all these events FoE implanted a store where you can eather shoose to do a quest or pay diamond for the prize you want to have but i don't think Inno will do this