• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Player to Player Inventory Market. With well regulated controls.

• Thread starter DeletedUser10338
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser10338

There should be a secondary player to player interactive market for inventory items.
1) It should be based on the market values and currency of the Antique Dealer
2) The range of player appointed trade price should be the same as the Goods Market between 2 and .5 ratios.
3) The market should have a guild only feature similar to the goods market. Where more favorable rates can be offered to guild only members.
4) There should be a "Gift" feature where one player can "Gift" an inventory item to another player by the giver paying a small diamond fee (ideally between 10 and 40 diamonds). o that it doesn't turn into a way to transfer wealth from higher players to lower players. The fee would create a cost/benefit decision for the "Giver" where they want to help, being affordable enough to make it worth it, but cumulatively expensive enough were a "Giver" to make many Gifts. For instance, a giver may provide a Shrine of Knowledge to help a new player, but they would not want to "Give" 10 Shrines of knowledge. Alternately it would be a fair contribution to give a more valuable "Gift" such as an Abandoned Asylum. Yet not cost-effective to give away a consumable item such as Mass Self Aid Kit.
5) The items available for the market should include the same items available in the Antiques Dealer including Gold Coins, Supplies, Medals and troops with limitations on the amounts that can be offered. Such as 100,000 for coins/supplies 1500 for Medals, 10 for troops.
6) The market should be an extension of the antique dealer via in shop button. But set up with the same look and features of Goods Market.
7) It should be possible to list inventory items straight from the inventory window, including the quantity of an inventory item you would like to post.
8) Buildings should be limited to 1 building per trade. Expendable items should have a limit of 10 items per trade. Even if the player selects to market trade 10 of the same building, each building would be set as a separate trade individually. Likewise, if a player chooses to market trade 35 of an expendable inventory item, the trade would be broken up into 10 items in 3 separate trades, and One trade for the remaining 5. As well as if a player were to post 56 troops for trade, the trade would be broken up into 10 units 5 times and 1 trade of 6 units (attached units excluded). Coins/Supplies would be the same if a player posted 750,000 supplies it would be broken up into 100,000 increments 7 times and 1 trade for 50,000.
9) Already upgraded buildings should include a reasonable % or full value of the Upgrades included. Ex a level 9 Asylum should include 75/100% of the value each upgrade included in the building, plus the full market value of Level 1 Building; for a total of the combined market value.
10) Forge points should only be considered a tradable item in small quantities such as the maximum number ever offered as a reward from quests or events. Ex 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 amounts. If included at all.
11) As an OPTIONAL upgrade to this Player to Player Inventory Exchange Market, there should be an additional option when creating trades for OBO (Or Best Offer). Where a potential buyer could offer a lower price than posted. If accepted by the seller the new OBO price would be exchanged. If another player is willing to pay the full asking price before the seller accepts the OBO price, then the item would be sold and OBO offer canceled.
12) Prices on the market should be listed in the Antique Dealer currency with the option of using Diamonds.
13) Players should be able to buy additional Antique Dealer currency with Diamonds, as is the current option in the Antique Dealer.
14) Gem rates should be based on the same rules above using the same ranges of a building's value if it were to be sold to the Antique Dealer in its current state +or- the same ratio range as A.D.'s currency as listed above (any number between 2 and .5).
15) When sellers choose a price for their market trade items, there should be a field where the seller can easily set a price point by entering a number between 2 and .5. 2 being 200% of the market value, 1 being 100% of the market value, and .5 representing 50% of the market value.

The rules 1,2,5,8,9, 10 and 11 above are designed to control inflation, allow all players to possibly attain desirable buildings and inventory items. Prevent prices from extending beyond average players' ability to participate. In the spirit of a fair trade market. Keep wealthy players on the same level with the same opportunities to sell or buy market exchange items. Building and Item limits should prevent high ranking wealthy players from pricing trades for multiple buildings or large amounts of inventory items in bulk keeping average players from being able to afford the total purchase prices of the trade. The prevention of such a situation would maintain 1 market for all, not 1 market for all and a submarket for the ultra-powerful.

Being that the foundations of what makes FOE work so great for all is the foundation in fairness and balanced gameplay. With room for a player to player consensus to make flexibility and variables a fun part of the game. Basically allowing players to leverage their position and resources to a mutual best advantage.

The rules 3,4,6,7, 12, 13, 14, 15 are designed with two goals in mind. Continuity of gameplay between existing game option presidents and the new feature of Player to Player Inventory Exchange. Pulling from multiple sources to make introduction seamless, with the same value of diamond equivalent for the benefit and limitations of FOE for "Game Creators". While simultaneously expanding an existing game facet into a very fun, beneficial, and understandable new feature. Creating a whole new market for in-game activity and revenue source for Inno Games. Also creating a way where players can stay more engaged by being able to obtain existing only items that they would otherwise wait a year or more for a chance to obtain.

The Diamond charge associated with Rule 4 would create checks and balances for the cost of "Giving" and being "Gifted" inventory items. So that it doesn't turn into a way to transfer wealth from higher players to lower players. The fee would create a cost/benefit decision for the "Giver" where they want to be of help, the fee is affordable enough to make it worth charity but cumulatively expensive enough were a "Giver" to make many Gifts. For instance, a giver may provide a Shrine of Knowledge to help a new player, but they would not want to "Give" 10 Shrines of knowledge. Alternately it would be a fair contribution to give a more valuable "Gift" such as an Abandoned Asylum. Yet not cost-effective to give away a consumable item such as Mass Self Aid Kit.

Giving new players alternate routes to advance reasonably in the game without waiting a very long arduous time for results. Thus leading to better player retention. Creating new opportunities for guilds to modestly help newer players become more engaged and productive in the game. The current choice for a new player is to either spend lots of money to gain traction or wait a very long time (comparatively to real life time). With many newer players choosing to abandon the game rather than wait or spend.

The overall integrity of the game would be preserved and enhanced through the use of GB, quests, storylines, events, research, the advancement of ages vs the strategy of balance between all of these. In addition to Guild participation, PVP, Battlegrounds, GVG, and the advancement of skill levels.

The checks and balances built into the rules and player behavior would keep in check the number of inventory items in circulation by not introducing new items, only existing items. The game fees to create a cost of participation for game creators, as well as adding another level of decision making to participate in the market. Reasonable rates and OBO functions would create a regulated "Stock Market" effect, where players without means can buy low and sell higher in order to advance their ability to purchase more effective inventory. Creating an investor class for inventory and antique dealer items similar to Forge Points Exchange/Contributions/Swaps, Motivating, Polishing, Trading of Goods, Guild Expedition, GvG, Battlegrounds.

It's the best possible way to advance the game in its quest to keep players engaged through their control of real-life empire management and functionality. What is more natural than trading, merchanting, leveraging, and the spirit of entrepreneurship. Another way that players can advance and carve out a niche for themselves in the game, especially for newer players that can't participate in higher-level game functions.

We all have a vested interest in making and keeping players active in FOE. Fewer players = less income for creators; fewer friends, foes, neighbors to compete with and against for current players. More players = stable and growing income for creators; more interaction/activity for existing and new players

I truly believe that adding this (major) expansion would create a whole new and exciting function of the game. One where players can sell unwanted, high value, high demand items for profit; or provide added support to newer players while maintaining controls for the integrity of the system.

Thank you,

Eden Prince,
of Korch and Beta Server

The following are amendments proposed from the group discussion below. There you will also find the context and reasoning for the proposed amendments.

Proposed amendments
1) A 1-week timer between GIVING of gifts to any and all players. A 24-hour timer before being able to RECIEVE any gifts from any and all givers.
2) 25% of the Gemstone price going to the game as a trade fee, 75% of the Gemstone price going to the seller. To keep inflation of the rare currency in check
3) Players receiving a gift must be able to pay a small transfer fee in Diamonds (Ideally 10-40) to receive the gift. Further preventing the transfer of wealth from long-time players to younger players. While maintaining the integrity of giving aid that is central to the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Emberguard

Emperor
There should be a "Gift" feature where one player can "Gift" an inventory item to another player by the giver paying a small diamond fee (ideally between 10 and 40 diamonds). o that it doesn't turn into a way to transfer wealth from higher players to lower players.
10 to 40 diamonds isn't going to stop players from transferring a building unless the building is a techtree building or worthless

Buildings should be limited to 1 building per trade
That's not going to stop players from transferring a bunch of stuff. Players already spend a lot of time on recurring quests. This'll be easier. You'd need a time limit per building gained from the market for a limit to mean anything

Already upgraded buildings should include a reasonable % or full value of the Upgrades included. Ex a level 9 Asylum should include 75/100% of the value each upgrade included in the building, plus the full market value of Level 1 Building; for a total of the combined market value.
So instead of spending 10k+ diamonds per additional event building during the event, I can just go to any player with spare upgrades and get it for 75% of the cost? I mean sure, not going to complain about being given a discount but why would I bother with buying from events if it's cheaper to trade the free spares?

Last edited:

DeletedUser10338

10 to 40 diamonds isn't going to stop players from transferring a building unless the building is a techtree building or worthless

That's not going to stop players from transferring a bunch of stuff. Players already spend a lot of time on recurring quests. This'll be easier. You'd need a time limit per building gained from the market for a limit to mean anything

So instead of spending 10k+ diamonds per additional event building during the event, I can just go to any player with spare upgrades and get it for 75% of the cost? I mean sure, not going to complain about being given a discount but why would I bother with buying from events if it's cheaper to trade the free spares?

Good points,
Proposed amendments
1) A 1-week timer between GIVING of gifts to any and all players. A 24-hour timer before being able to RECIEVE any gifts from any and all givers.
2) 25% of the Gemstone price going to the game as a trade fee, 75% of the Gemstone price going to the seller. To keep inflation of the rare currency in check
3) Players receiving a gift must be able to pay a small transfer fee in Diamonds (Ideally 10-40) to receive the gift. Further preventing the transfer of wealth from long-time players to younger players. While maintaining the integrity of giving aid that is central to the game.

The proposed amendments would create a Giver/Reciever cost to prevent a new player from receiving excessive gifts; as they would be limited by resources and time.
The 1-week timer between the giving of gifts would limit a player to 52 gifts (or less) gifts a year. Making the giving of gifts a rare event with careful decision making involved.
The prices of the buildings would be based on Antique Dealer currencies (coins and gems) gems being a currency you cannot buy. Using part of the gem price as a fee to the game would prevent inflation of the rare currency as well as keeping control on the cost/benefit of selling.

I could be wrong but I don't think anything will stop players from participating in events. The ones that play free will play free, the ones that spend will continue to spend. Yet the real controlling feature is a currency that all have the same opportunities to earn. A currency that new players wouldn't even have access to until Early middle ages when they have access to the Antique Dealer. Well off long-time players would still be in the same position, but with the ability to trade player to player for more profitable trades. Younger players would still be in the same position that they need to earn the Antique Dealer, gemstones and coins in order to buy higher up buildings that they normally wouldn't have access to. Also being that buildings and items market value is set by Antique dealer selling prices (+/- the rate set by the seller) not diamond prices. There would still be a smaller supply of better buildings on the market. Most of these higher-end items would-be guild only trades or occasional gifts. As you had said these buildings cost a lot of diamonds or effort to acquire. Fewer of them are going to be sold on the open market, but the ability to sell off older event buildings you no longer have room for would still be there. The additional benefit being that there would be a wider pool of items to shop for, as well as a way to make a more profitable sale than simply bartering with the Antique Dealers

Great points, keep them coming

Emberguard

Emperor
Those amendments would be much better balanced (in my opinion) :)

Oh and how big's the range in playerbase for trades? Same as market? (friends/hood/guild) Same as Antiques? (first 50 to open building) Or something else?

DeletedUser10338

I was thinking this would be an extension of the Antique Dealer, but with the functionality of the Goods Market. With participation being similar. I would say the wider the market the better for players, but having it limited to a calculable level such as your suggestions would be best for the game. So maybe a combination of the Antiques pool + (Friends/Hood/Guild) would be ideal.

Great questions, I love having to think and getting to collaborate

DeletedUser10338

Those amendments would be much better balanced (in my opinion) :)

Oh and how big's the range in playerbase for trades? Same as market? (friends/hood/guild) Same as Antiques? (first 50 to open building) Or something else?

I posted the amendments to the main post, so they will be included in the proposal.

Thank you for your help

DeletedUser10265

No, no and no.

It's not even about excessive transfer of items from beginners to big guys.

The support doesn't care about multiaccounts in my language version. What would stop them cheaters from making dozens of multiaccounts, just getting the free event currency for daily log-ins and getting event building upgrades or buying items from antiques dealer and transferring those to the main account?

Emberguard

Emperor
most long term players will say : makes game to easy will never get implemented
Well you can already get multiple event buildings per event for free. Plus you’ve then got antiques, GE, DC, settlements and now GBG. It’s never been faster to advance through the game or get event type buildings

Here’s the problem outlined by the OP
Being that the foundations of what makes FOE work so great for all is the foundation in fairness and balanced gameplay. With room for a player to player consensus to make flexibility and variables a fun part of the game. Basically allowing players to leverage their position and resources to a mutual best advantage.

[...]

Giving new players alternate routes to advance reasonably in the game without waiting a very long arduous time for results. Thus leading to better player retention. Creating new opportunities for guilds to modestly help newer players become more engaged and productive in the game. The current choice for a new player is to either spend lots of money to gain traction or wait a very long time (comparatively to real life time). With many newer players choosing to abandon the game rather than wait or spend.
how is this defined? What’s “reasonably”? I can get results (and compete) using just techtree and current age GBs. But I also made a deliberate choice to first learn without advanced stuff because I knew if I relied solely on the most powerful buildings from events and advanced GBs at the start of the game I’d be setting myself up to fail once I age up. Because then they won’t be advanced anymore. So by helping it’s also not helping if it stunts their understanding of the game. Not to mention event buildings and GBs are the least flexible part of the game. Once they’re in players don’t like to get rid of them

Problem is players that leave based on what their neighbour has will never be satisfied even if they were given every event and GB. They still won’t know how to compete.

When I’ve looked at the cities of those that complain they can’t compete it’s players that don’t understand how to organise their city layout, or don’t place a defence army, or never bothered to network or never built up the aspect of their city they’re complaining the most about. Those things have a far bigger impact on the overall success of their city then whether they have event buildings. Because it indicates a lack of understanding of the game components or a inability to adapt using what they already have. Getting events faster won’t change this.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
why should new players wait less than players before them :rolleyes:

btw they are already getting everything faster
I had to play the Halloween event 5 years to get my Graveyard to level 5 o_O

and this game is designed to be played for years
not getting everything in the first few months

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
This is unfortunately on the DNSL for now. This does not mean that the idea may not be revisited in the future, but that it does not currently fall under the ideas for consideration at this time.

why should new players wait less than players before them :rolleyes:

btw they are already getting everything faster
I had to play the Halloween event 5 years to get my Graveyard to level 5 o_O

and this game is designed to be played for years
not getting everything in the first few months
I think the game goes to slowly anyway so why not speed it up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.