• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Player Battlegrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelegend88

Squire
Reason
To enhance PvP experience in this game
Details
Create a feature in which 2 players fight by taking sectors in a map which will have similar layout as GBG map with similar(or nearly the same) mechanic. Basically a GBG but in which 2 individual players fight against each other.

Map holds 13 sectors (1 center province surrounded by 4 middle provinces which are again surrounded by 8 outside provinces).

Players start in opposite sides of the maps and attack sectors in order to capture them. Each sector requires 15 fights to be captured.

Upon capturing the sector, it is locked for 3 minutes and player receives certain amount of VPs each minute. Center sector brings the most VPs, middle sectors less and outside sectors the least amount of VPs.

Players from different eras can be matched together but they fight against armies in the same way as in GBG, always against the enemy of their own era.

After 20 minutes the player with most VPs wins the match and recieves the reward.

Since we already have many features going on, this could be avaliable on days when there is no GBG ongoing.
Balance
N/A
Abuse Prevention
N/A
Summary
A feature which would be fun because it would allow individual players fight against each other head on.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes
New idea as specified below

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Emperor XX

Farmer
Thoughts:
1: The three minutes and 20 minutes isn't long enough. The shortest it should last is a day and it should at least be a week long
2: I love the idea of a PvP map. But I would prefer it be more than 2 players, 4-10 would make it more interesting.
3: I don't think they will make an exact copy of GbG for PvP, but a map incorporating similar mechanics to GbG and GvG would be amazing.
all in all Inno needs to listen. We want a map. I think you're headed in a good direction, you just didn't hit the nail on its head

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
5000 active players per world.
2500 map with 2 players, several times a day?
10 times more map than for guilds with 10 players per map.

Cardena

Squire
Well, what about 8 players like in GG? Just for single players not the whole guild. And of course less fights. And with leagues like in GG.
When I first heard about the new arena I thought something like this it would be.

I am not quite sure, I really would like it

Well, what about 8 players like in GG? Just for single players not the whole guild. And of course less fights. And with leagues like in GG.
When I first heard about the new arena I thought something like this it would be.

I am not quite sure, I really would like it
It pretty much already works out this way in one man guilds in gbg. I'd dig it but it would be a server hog to have 1000 maps like these for 8 players each. Maybe they could do the average sized neighborhood with a gvg sized map with the same prizes as gbg.

6zeva9

Baronet
Something like this should be limited to neighbourhood level to ensure more advanced players do not take advantage of newer players.
It would need to be limited so that a challenge could only be made to another player who is online at the same time, with them being able to decline the challenge if they so wish.
To stop a player from challenging the same player again and again there would also need to be a cool down period between challenges (Maybe 24 hours like other neighbourhood actions).
Would also need to decide on which boosts to use, Does the Challenger use their Attack Army Boosts and the Challenged the City Defenders Boosts or do they both use the same one chosen at random.
Could be trailed as an alternative to the current PvP proposal being tested

antoto51

Farmer
20 minutes is short, I would say 30min but hey, not super important

where it gets stuck that me it will be on when to have this tournament, if we have an imposed date-time with such a short battle, the player must be SURE to be available on time

I will therefore propose to do 1 tournament / hour, it would be necessary to register for the desired slots, then 5 minutes of preparation then the battle arrives,
let's take the example of the 11am campaign:
from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. it's the registrations, from 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. it's the battle, then from 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. it's the prize-giving and the registrations for the battle of 12 p.m. for those who want

Then you need a decent MMR system, not like the PvP arena, with a league system like CBG

What worries me is having an individual CBG, that's all, in more mods

antoto51

Farmer
a very active player will be able to do a lot but challenge itively not the 24

then we can keep my system with 24 tournaments / day but the day is only allowed to register for 1 (or 2, or 3, to see) tournaments / day

Thoughts:
1: The three minutes and 20 minutes isn't long enough. The shortest it should last is a day and it should at least be a week long
2: I love the idea of a PvP map. But I would prefer it be more than 2 players, 4-10 would make it more interesting.
3: I don't think they will make an exact copy of GbG for PvP, but a map incorporating similar mechanics to GbG and GvG would be amazing.
all in all Inno needs to listen. We want a map. I think you're headed in a good direction, you just didn't hit the nail on its head

1 Agree.
2. I though to be to have more than one PvP Maps of 1 vs 1 Player at the same time. Or if not possible as you proposed increase the number of players at the map; but then it would be PvPs (Player vs Players), not PvP.
3. Agree, real PvP, not current PvP tower that is in fact another P vs AI (second Player just selects DA Army, not control it during battle).

Would also need to decide on which boosts to use, Does the Challenger use their Attack Army Boosts and the Challenged the City Defenders Boosts or do they both use the same one chosen at random.
Setting should be both players using their Attack boosts.
  • Most players develop more their Attack than their Defense,
  • Many high Attack boosted Players are likely to challenge other Players.
  • The Challenged Player will most of the times be at disadvantage if forced to use their Defense boost.
I agree on all other points at your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.