• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Order of Buildings at the Reconstruction Mode Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
To facilitate the location of buildings at the Reconstruction Mode Tabs.
Details
Set a logical order for the lists of buildings displayed at the Reconstruction Mode tabs. Buildings to be ordered by Building Name (alphabetically A-Z), then by Era (Highest to Lowest).
Balance
No balance issues.
Abuse Prevention
No abuse issues.
Summary
Set a logical order for the lists of buildings displayed at the Reconstruction Mode tabs based on Building Name and Era.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, no duplicates found. No DNSL conflicts either.
Visual Aids
None.
Current: The Reconstruction Mode has 4 tabs where the buildings and roads of the city are displayed for the Player to select and place at the city grid that is in Reconstruction. The tabs classify the buildings in the following categories: Roads, Great Buildings, Cultural Buildings & Decorations, and another for all the rest (Residential, Goods, Supplies, Military buildings). The buildings at each tab are not sorted in any logical order. For example, if the Player have Shrines of Knowledge of several Eras, they are not listed together at the first tab. Many buildings may be listed between the Shrines of Knowledge (SAV) and the next group of Shrines of Knowledge (SAAB). If the Player is working at the moment with a column or row of 2x2 buildings and want to use his/her Shrines there he must scroll up or down at the list to find additional ones.

Proposed: Arrange buildings at each Reconstruction Mode tab by Building Name (alphabetical order, A - Z)) and by Era (from Higher to Lowest). That way all buildings of the same type would be listed together and if available in more than one era at the city they will be close to the others, too making easier to the Player to find what he/she is looking at the moment. Example:
  • 14 Shrine of Knowledge (SAV)
  • 10 Shrine of Knowledge (SAAB)
  • 3 Shrine of Knowledge (SAM)
If the Player is working at the moment with a column or row of 2x2 buildings and want to use his/her Shrines, all the Shrines would be listed together and no additional scrolling would be necessary.

EDIT: Change the following functionality:
Building List to not reset back to the beginning of the list after the Player place the last of the selected building, the list shall stay in current position.
Example: If the Player has selected the Shrine of Knowledge (SAV) and starts placing the 14 SOK he has, the list will not reset to the start of the list (now sorted alphabetically by Building Name/Era) but to stay at the section of the list (currently buildings starting with letter "S").

Last edited:
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.
Already suggested
Incorrect, that idea is totally different.
  • My idea proposes to sort the buildings listed at each Reconstruction Mode tab using Building Name in alphabetical order, and also use Era of the building in a descending order.
  • The idea you posted ask to not differentiate Buildings by Era, and dont proposes any logical order to sort the buildings,
In my idea if a Player have Shrines of more than one Era they would be found one after the other like this:
  • 14 Shrine of Knowledge (SAV)
  • 10 Shrine of Knowledge (SAAB)
  • 3 Shrine of Knowledge (SAM)
In the other idea the list would show:
  • 27 Shrine of Knowledge
In my idea it would be much easier than now to locate the building that the Player is looking for, the Player just need to scroll down to the section of the list with Buildings that have names starting with letter S to find the Shrines. The other idea does not change the current way the buildings are shown in the list. To locate the shrines the Player must scroll up or down to locate them since they could be anywhere.

Last edited:

Sl8yer

Regent
So you are now saying you are not suggesting to him to change his idea to the way you would like to see it?

The improvement I would like to see is that all buildings of the same type (example: Shrines of Knowledge) be listed together at the Reconstruction Mode, ordered by era:
  • 12 Shrines of Knowledge (SAV)
  • 14 Shrines of Knowledge (SAAB)
  • 3 Shrines of Knowledge (SAM)
Not to have to scroll up or down to find additional Shrines at another section of the list.

The complete list ordered alphabetically would be great too.

So you are now saying you are not suggesting to him to change his idea to the way you would like to see it?

The essence of my idea is to set a logical sort order in the lists of Buildings at the Reconstruction Mode Tabs. That idea does not have that, it is different, not a duplicate. I did posted a opinion against that different idea with the elements I think would be better. But if that idea gets forwarded to the developers the concept proposed to implement would not be to have a sort order at the Tabs of the Reconstruction Mode since that idea does not call for that. Plus if that idea gets forwarded it would remove the differentiation by Era we got now and my idea retains.

Just a post inside an idea does not transform the other idea in a duplicate. Specially since the OP has not replied to the post and have not agreed to edit his/her idea to incorporate the suggestions posted. Until then the ideas are different and not a duplicate of each other.

Last edited:

Sl8yer

Regent
The essence of my idea is to set a logical sort order in the lists of Buildings at the Reconstruction Mode Tabs. That idea does not have that, it is different, not a duplicate. I did posted a opinion against that different idea with the elements I think would be better. But if that idea gets forwarded to the developers the concept proposed to implement would not be to have a sort order at the Tabs of the Reconstruction Mode since that idea does not call for that. Plus if that idea gets forwarded it would remove the differentiation by Era we got now and my idea retains.

Just a post inside an idea does not transform the other idea in a duplicate. Specially since the OP has not replied to the post and have not agreed to edit his/her idea to incorporate the suggestions posted. Until then the ideas are different and not a duplicate of each other.

Did you or did you not make the suggestion in the other thread?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
You take your head for nothing.

Inno is used to ignoring widely acclaimed suggestions and installing new features that have never been suggested, or even the reverse of suggestions.
Leave it to CMs and moderators to close any suggestions Inno doesn't want to see and worry about our comfort improvements.

Did you or did you not make the suggestion in the other thread?
I already replied to that.

If I follow your logic If I post my suggestion about sorting the list of buildings at the RM Tabs at an idea about modifying the Army Management screen to allow the selection of a 9 units attacking army then that another totally different idea would be a duplicate of this one. Then what?
  • If the 9 Units Army idea is rejected and sent to Archive, would that means that the sorting of RM Tabs by Building Name / Era is rejected too, since a post about it is included at the rejected idea?
  • Future ideas regarding sorting of RM Tabs by Building Name / Era would be deemed duplicates and already rejected???
I will love to read your answer.
====
To all:
Back to the main topic: Proposed Idea: To have the list of buildings at the RM Tabs sorted by Building Name and Era
  • Do you got any comments on the merits of this idea?
  • Do you think it would be better to have the list of buildings at the RM Tabs sorted by Building Name and Era?
  • Do you think it would be better to have the list of buildings at the RM Tabs sorted by another different criteria? Which one?
  • Do you think the current status quo (buildings are not sorted in any logical order) is better? Why?
Comments are welcome and if you have an opinion defined cast your vote.

Last edited:
Most post are favorable to the idea.
Points against the idea have been debated.
Votes in favor of the idea exceeds 80% (as of this time 82.4%).

Anything else that should be taken care before forwarding to the Developers?
Any new questions? Comments? Improvements?

Are you going to forward it? Isn't that up to the mods, same as DNS?
Me? Of course not.
Just asking what else needs to be done, discussed, clarified before this proposal is forwarded.
  • Support is around 80%. It is needed more? How many more votes are required to be considered enough support?
  • All comments/questions have been discussed.
    • Are there more questions? Points to discuss? Suggestions to edit the idea?
    • The only thing I see pending is your reply to the post #9 (I would love to read your answer), but I think the idea can still be forwarded if the answer is no comments.
  • No more posts since Sept 18, a month ago.
    • Do more waiting time is needed? How more long?
Is anything holding the decision to forward it?
  • Yes? What?
  • No? Then?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.