• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Option to Start the game without the Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
Players with cities already developed in other worlds, even up to high eras, does not need to be taught or lectured, again by Ragu Silverthounge on how to build a house, produce a trophy in a Hunter building, how to attack a sector, how to get coins, supplies, etc.
Details
After opening a new city at a new world provide a selection box for the player to choose if going through the tutorial (default option) or start without the tutorial. Inno may limit this choice to Players that have already cities built ans developed in the server. A real new player with no cities built before will go directly through the tutorial in this first city.
Balance
No balance issues. Players not going through the tutorial will be offered an equivalent starting quests line like the one the game used before the tutorial was implemented.
Abuse Prevention
No abuse issues
Summary
Make tutorial required only to real new players, players starting playing FOE for a first time. Accounts with cities already built to have option to start a 2nd, 3rd, or additional city without the tutorial.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
DNSL reviewed. No issues detected
Visual Aids
None.
To provide an option to start the game in a new world without the need to go through the tutorial. Limit this option only to players that have already cities developed. Being a new player in a world does not necessarily implies that the player is new to FOE.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Emberguard

Emperor
Is it really a removal if its optional though? There's no benefit in making users do the tutorial multiple times.
Well the example on removal was “(such as opting out of PvP)”. So yes, optional could still be removal if you can get rid of something from the gameplay. It’d be up to the mods to decide whether such an idea falls within the intended meaning of the rule as to whether to forward the idea. But if the devs rejected it that’s the most plausible reason from that list

shad2389

Viceroy
On our server (Fr) this suggestion was refused by InnoGames
i can't find it on french server can you place a link so i can check if it was refused by french community or by INNO cause on french forum there is a section for ideas rejected by community and there is one for ideas refused by INNO

So if they made it skippable, I would imagine quite a few new players would skip it as well, and I don't think that would be a good thing.
Not what I'm proposing. New players, those which the city would be their first, will go directly through the tutorial, no option for them to skip the tutorial.
Option to start the city without the tutorial would be only for players with accounts that have already cities built.

Last edited:
I know what you are planning. You want to exploit the diamonds given by long house quest. And spam it to all worlds and abandon them. Nice try.

Exploit the diamonds given by long house quest? Short answer: No. Long answer: Keep reading:
  • No, that is not my proposal. You need to check up your facts right.
  • Diamonds farming by building multiple cities has existed since servers have multiple worlds, long before I started playing. My proposal has nothing to do with Diamonds Farming, or ways / exploits to increase Diamonds at the account.
  • My original proposal include that Players opting to skip the tutorial won't have the Diamonds Quests associated to the Long House, re-read posts #1, #4, and #14 to see my points. If they (we) want to build a Long House then to select it from the Building Menu and pay with diamonds already available at the account from previous cities, or purchased from Inno's offers.
  • Include the Diamonds Quests for Players using option 2 (No Tutorial) is in reply's/feedback from 6zeva9 (Post #11) and from Blutiger Baron (Post #16). Not part of my idea.
  • My reply to them (refer to Post #17) is that if Developers think that to solve any Balance or Abuse issues the Diamonds Quests must be included for Players selecting option #2, then it is up to them. Again, not part of my proposal, up to the Developers to add that if applicable/needed.
  • EDIT: Plus as Emberguard explained (see posts #26 & #30) Diamonds given at the Tutorial only can be used at the city where the Tutorial is running, and the tutorial forces the Players to expend them in buying the Long House (another reason that I dislike the Tutorial, I usually don't buy premium buildings with diamonds, prefer to save them for expansions). Bottom line: Not exploiting the diamonds given by Diamonds/Long House quests.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
  • My reply to them (refer to Post #17) is that if Developers think that to solve any Balance or Abuse issues the Diamonds Quests must be included for Players selecting option #2, then it is up to them. Again, not part of my proposal, up to the Developers to add that if applicable/needed.
I’d expect that to be more of a coding issue of would it break without it then a actual balance issue.

Emberguard

Emperor
for that removing the tutorial is needed ?
Yeah. Logically removing the tutorial should make it harder to exploit the tutorial if it were possible. Though I don’t see how you’d be able to exploit this even if hypothetically skipping the tutorial somehow gave you an extra 100 diamonds.

When you start a tutorial, get the diamonds, don’t build the longhouse and switch worlds while the tutorial is still going the diamonds don’t exist anywhere outside of the tutorial. Tutorial diamonds at best are added to the world not the account. So if you were to abandon the world you’d lose those diamonds with it. So if skipping the tutorial had some hypothetical bug of keeping 100 diamonds without a longhouse you’d have to use it on the new world you just created

Status
Not open for further replies.