• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented Option to show locked items in the Antiques Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Reason
In general I like the ability to have buildings locked from AD, and I think automatically locking new event buildings is good, but sometimes I just want to see all the buildings I can sell in a more convenient way than going through the inventory, manually unlocking and then locking them again if I want to see the exchange rate.

For example, if I want to check how much the new event building exchanges for I could quickly hit the check box, choose the building to see how much it gives, then remove it again. The building would still be locked next time I open the AD, without having to go through the inventory twice to unlock then lock it. This is especially time-saving if you want to check or sell a lot of locked items.

I also think this would make it easier to understand for newer players why they can't sell their event rewards. People often ask me why / complain that they can't sell the new event building, without realizing that the building is simply locked and it's possible to sell by unlocking it (this could be explained clearer in general).
Details
In the building selection window there would be a checkbox that showed all the locked building when checked. The checkbox should automatically be unchecked each time you open the antiques dealer to prevent accidental selling of items.

With the checkbox checked you should be able to see, select and sell all buildings, regardless of if they are locked or not.

This addition would make it easier to sell locked buildings if desired, but it requires clear intent by the player so there shouldn't be a lot of accidental selling (which I understand is one of the main reasons for automatically locking all new event buildings).

(an alternative could be to have a separate tab in the item selection video with all items)
Balance
-
Abuse Prevention
-
Summary
Add a checkbox when exchanging items to the Antiques Dealer to temporarily show all locked items.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I didn't find it suggested
Visual Aids
Quick mockup of the proposal. When the checkbox is checked al the locked items should also be visible for selection.
[ATTACH type="full"]7425[/ATTACH]
I would like an option to temporarily show all locked items in the antiques dealer item selection window. When the option is selected the player should be able to view, select and sell locked buildings.

Attachments

• adsuggestion.png
    adsuggestion.png
    399.5 KB · Views: 21
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Ironrooster

Baronet
I disagree. The whole point of the lock is to not be able to sell items in the AD.
As for newcomers, this adds more complexity to selling in the AD and thus will be more confusing.

Julian24

Viceroy
I disagree. The whole point of the lock is to not be able to sell items in the AD.
As for newcomers, this adds more complexity to selling in the AD and thus will be more confusing.
And newcomers don't know, that some items are locked automatically and think they can never sell them. This makes them unhappy. It is just giving the option to sell locked ones if you really want to (you have to manually activate it).
Maybe this checkbox could be unchecked automatically after you close the window once.

Ironrooster

Baronet
And newcomers don't know, that some items are locked automatically and think they can never sell them. This makes them unhappy. It is just giving the option to sell locked ones if you really want to (you have to manually activate it).
Maybe this checkbox could be unchecked automatically after you close the window once.
And they will be even more unhappy when they accidentally sell the wrong locked item, since this makes all locked items available to sell.

-Alin-

Emperor
Well this idea does not change anything for you then.

It will, THAT is want I meant „I like to lock items I do not want to sell” nor be seen either in the AD list ...

Actually, my bad, Moo wanted only other option to be added and see or not the locked items in the AD, sorry @MooingCat.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
It’s a filter toggle between Show All and Hide Locked Items

Edit:
If it were to also keep the locked symbol next to locked items allowing you to lock or unlock, and the locked items remains unsellable until you unlock then it won’t change the lock function. It’ll just allow you to edit inventory from the Antiques Dealer

Last edited:

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Liked the idea but worried about reference context as "locking". Instead locking name converted as "reserved/marked/booked" which is like sell later (for me) and prevented the selling from inventory and placing a icon as extra filter in AD to display those items is a good choice. Myself mostly do the lock items for sell later(hope many do the same). It will be good to have in the game. Currently unlocking one by one to fill those 5 slots from AD, this should be avoided. Voted yes.

Let me know if I understand the proposal correctly:

Current: Items and Buildings at the Inventory tab can be locked or unlocked by the Player. If locked they are not displayed at the Auction Dealer and therefore cant be sold there.
Proposed:
  1. List all Items and Buildings at the Inventory tab at the Auction Dealer.
  2. All Items and Buildings that are locked at the Inventory are displayed locked at AD. Cant be sold it this state.
  3. Player gets option to unlock items at the AD and then can sell them if he/she wish. Option to lock them again if not wanting to sell.
  4. After exiting the AD, all unlocked items/buildings at the AD (not being selected for sale) return to the locked status that they still have at the Inventory tab.
  5. As with all items selected for sale at AD, previously locked items, unlocked and selected for sale do not longer appear at the Inventory tab.

Please confirm.

Not sure if this is easier to implement vs : No change of lock/unlock status at AD, that functions remains at Inventory tab, but adding a quick way to switch between AD and Inventory Tab.
  1. Add a new button at the Auction Dealer screen to jump to the Inventory Tab.
  2. Change lock / unlock status at Inventory tab as currently.
  3. New button at Inventory tab to return to Auction Dealer screen. Complete auction with new unlocked items as desired..

Last edited:

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
No change of lock/unlock status at AD, that functions remains at Inventory tab, but adding a quick way to switch between AD and Inventory Tab.
  1. Add a new button at the Auction Dealer screen to jump to the Inventory Tab.
  2. Change lock / unlock status at Inventory tab as currently.
  3. New button at Inventory tab to return to Auction Dealer screen. Complete auction with new unlocked items as desired..
Making it as worse. Proposed idea seems good to implement and easier too. But as mentioned earlier, locking concept is getting meaningless. Instead of lock symbol, star icon can be replaced like available in most browser as bookmark/favorites.

IMO, implementing the proposed idea needs icon change to get a complete meaning. Otherwise proposed idea doesn't fit.

Instead of lock symbol, star icon can be replaced like available in most browser as bookmark/favorites.
A "bright colored Star", for "Available for Sale", and a "grayed Star" for not available for sale" are fine with me vs current "Lock/Unlock".
If idea is implemented use same signs/symbols or terms at both screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.