• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Option to save City Designs from the Reconstruction Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
To enhance the game providing the player an additional design at RM work to with and be able to compare two designs (Design 1, Design 2) to select the better one to replace the current Design 0 implemented at city.
Details
See "Proposed" above.
Balance
None, all Players with access to RM will be able to use the proposed idea if implemented.
Limit to one additional Design (Design 2) to be saved.
Abuse Prevention
Limit proposed to just one additional saved Design.
Summary
Enhance the game by allowing the RM to manage two City Designs to allow the Player compare more than one option to change the original Design at city.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
DNSL reviewed. No issues detected. No other idea like this found.
Visual Aids
None.
Current: A Player can use the Reconstruction Mode (RM) to remodel the city and store the current not finished new design and return later to finish and Apply it or discard the uncompleted design to start over if not satisfied with the current progress. Player has only two (2) choices:
  • Revert (discard): the design at Reconstruction Mode is deleted and not longer available and current city design remains, or
  • Apply: new design from RM is implemented at the city and presented at the RM the next time the Player access it.
Designs that the player can work with:
  • "Design 0": Original City Design already implemented at city.
  • "Design 1": New City Design being developed at RM, not yet applied to city.
Proposed: Add a third option to the RM to be able to save/store the RM Design 1 and allow to start a new RM Design without losing the previous one. To Save/Store the RM Design 1, the Player would press the (new) Save button ands the game will save a copy of the Design 1 as Design 2, and then exit the Reconstruction Mode. The next time the Player return to the RM he/she will have the option to return to the Design 2 saved or start a new Design 1. To delete the saved Design 2 the Player will select/load it at RM and then press the Revert button. To delete the Design 1 the player would select it at RM and then (save as now) press the Revert button.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.
Current:
Proposed:
  • "Design 2": A previous "Design 1" now saved/stored and available to the Player to continue development at RM , apply to city, or delete (Revert).

Sl8yer

Regent
So basically you will be able to switch between two fully developed cities. How is that not DNS?

How is that not DNS?
Why? Making the game easier?
  • No, the Player still have to think both design options and evaluate which one to implement, decide which ones to Revert/delete. Design difficulty level stays the same.
  • Faster to implement a design? A lot of proposals suggesting time shortcuts/faster methods to complete game tasks have been proposed and some are implemented. Usually supported by of Quality of Life (QOL) reasons.

So basically you will be able to switch between two fully developed cities. How is that not DNS?

There is only one city. Basically I will like to give (or more exactly that Inno give) the Players the option to be able to evaluate two city designs and decide which one implement. With current state the Player must create at RM a 1st Design, implement it decide it is not what he/she wanted, create and apply a 2nd design, if second one is worst the Player must start over the first design from scratch. If my idea is implemented, the first design could be still Saved/Stored at RM, not Reverted/deleted when the second one was started.

Ask a mod. They decide what is DNS not you.
Thanks, you are correct. Although I'm not irritated or whatever by opinions against my ideas, taken just opportunities to debate/defend my idea. No insulting language used, so no offense taken when points against are written in a constructive way.

Reference: Post #3 at https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/new-ideas.11054/

Last edited:

Sl8yer

Regent
There is only one city.

There is the current city Design0. I can put it in RM where it will be Design1. I load Design2 that I had saved. Design2 now becomes my Design0. Design1, my previous Design0 I save so it becomes my new Design2.

I can switch bewteen 2 completely different cities this way. Can hjave my main city for instance and a replacement I can use for events. Or an attack and defense city.

-Alin-

Emperor
There is the current city Design0. I can put it in RM where it will be Design1. I load Design2 that I had saved. Design2 now becomes my Design0. Design1, my previous Design0 I save so it becomes my new Design2.

I can switch bewteen 2 completely different cities this way. Can hjave my main city for instance and a replacement I can use for events. Or an attack and defense city.

You are just wrong, is nowhere written You can have acces to different buildings in the Designs, You can save as many Designs(templates) as You want, BUT, all of them with the same buildings You have already in your main city, all its different is only the position you have adopted in your saved designs in reconstruction mode ...
I like this idea and its not on DNSL, it doesnt give any real advantage in this game, it gives You the possibility to save different arrangements of your city, and chose from all of them the best suited(pleasant to your eyes and maybe with fewer roads to increase the productivity) for you with your available buildings in your city, if You deleted one building in your main city, it will automatically dissapear form your saved previous templates, and you have to arrange or put something else in the missing space.

Last edited:
You can save as many Designs(templates) as You want

Proposed idea limit designs available to just 1 additional in RM: Design 1, Design 2. The City itself is Design 0, that may be different to last design applied from RM since the Player may add, change from Inventory, or delete buildings in the normal Construction Mode (Build button) without going into RM. However, if removing a building from Design 0 (via Delete or Storing it at the Inventory), and that building is used in Design 1 and/or Design 2 that action impacts the building at the designs at RM as pointed out in by NinjAlin.

Related to use of RM and design a new layout for city the difficulty level stays the same. Speed to replace a the city with Designs (from the maximum two (2) available in RM) will be reduced. Is this making the game easier? No, just faster in this particular task. Like many other changes like increasing capacity of FP Bar, or be able to write an specific amount of FPs to donate at a GB, say 300 FPs in one shot vs 300 FPs in 30 increments of 10 FP each time, or having an Item to reduce the coin production or supply production of buildings by X hours or minutes. Or using a button to Collect All (with small diamonds cost) at the city instead to go collecting building by building. Just another change in the FOE history to make an specific game task faster. Suggestions to make the game faster are not necessarily DSNL, many has been proposed, forwarded and implemented.

Last edited:

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
Actually, to increase the city planning time, proposed idea will meet the requirement. But this idea supports our laziness on doing RM in the first step itself.

Also having few trouble going with that approach,

- Saved RM design 1 consists building of the city which got deleted from the game progress from the player(it's possible to have this case). So it's availability to be questioned when RM load the design 1 from it.

- Need to make sure design 1 has the same building upgrades level up done. It can't be like design 1 has SOH level 3 and current city has SOH has level 7. Because, saving state of RM design 1 is captured from last state of the city design. Here, whenever RM opens design 1 or design 2 should get validate with building size and level up details from actual state of the city.

Sorry idea doesn't seems to get fit. Also, RM having save option suggested long ago if am not wrong. Myself, didn't vote since wanted save but not with troubles mentioned. Hence, not able to vote positive for it.

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
Guessing like, many upvotes for this idea due to the poll question itself which is mentioning "save" option in RM. But the proposed idea seems to be missing all the use-cases for save in RM which are already discussed. Idea is good, but it is incomplete, so voted No.

ZENA

Marquis
We had this option with a extendet link /URL where u could desing your city name it save it, Yu couls al so desing other players cities . save it and post the link. It was called planner city then later other player done something simmerler. Long before the RM been implemented U could save so many deshings and plans . So i cant see why there is a complaints about this As we have it in external links and most of the external website that fans of FOE do get later implemented in FOE the game.

Emberguard

Emperor
As long as the saved design also updates itself with what buildings are available it should be fine in terms of functionality.

In theory it sounds nice. In practice I don’t know how often I’d actually use it. By the time I would need my old city designs I’d either have replaced a large chunk of my buildings or improved so much in layout designing that the old design would be inefficient compared to current skill capabilities

sirblu

Baronet

No, because you can still only "Implement" 1 city design. The proposal is to save in rm 2 designs, not implement 2 designs

Status
Not open for further replies.