• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Option to delete individual messages in a thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeniePower

Merchant
Reason
Keep threads clean
Details
When clicking on a message, additionally to the current options of copy/paste and reply, the option to delete the message should appear when the user has admin rights on the thread
Balance
N/A
Abuse Prevention
Only available to admins of a thread
Summary
Possibility to delete individual responses in a thread
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes
Especially in the guild threads but optionally also in the social threads, I would like to have the option to delete individual replies. Guild threads are often very organized and people replying can be annoying. Kinda like here on the forum the separation between the announcements and the feedback. Therefor I would like to be able to delete these responses to keep threads clean and on topic.
Locking the threads is not always an option since they do require members to be able to post in them. P.e. a thread to announce absences: a member posts they will be on vacation and someone replies have fun! I need to keep track of that absence but the replies are totally of topic here.

h3MEqxa.png

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Kronan

Viceroy
Threads can be set up in the Guild tab, for example for trade, GB promotion. Tactics for GBG and more. The delete function can be integrated here.
In the main guild thread that the system automatically creates when guilds are founded, I am against the delete function.

I am not advocating it. I'm pointing out that TEXT isn't the only thing in the main topic to consider. A written opinion is TEXT. Other things will find heir way into the main guild topic, despite your best efforts to prevent it. Such as: posted visual links - for trades or for GB investments.

Last edited:
I am not advocating it. I'm pointing out that TEXT isn't the only thing in the main topic to consider. A written opinion is TEXT. Other things will find heir way into the main guild topic, despite your best efforts to prevent it with GUILD topic FOR visual links (like trade, and GB 1.9 leveling).
I voted for the proposal.
I just don't want it on all tabs.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Thank you for the suggestion!

We understand the need to "clean up" conversations from time to time, but it should be treated with caution. We will forward this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.