• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Online indicator

fulopjeno

Farmer
I think, that having an indicator to show who is online (logged in) would be useful. A green background (if a player logged in) of the player name would be more than enough.

DeletedUser8336

Agreed, in a large Guild playing GvG, it would be nice to know who to call upon for defensive purposes.
But I am almost sure, that InnoGames once called it a "breach of Internet privacy" when asked for such a feature years ago.

DeletedUser9522

Would not really help. I have FoE open in a b rowser tab as soon as the PC is turned on.
Another question is, Why do you need to know when somebody is online?

And then you get the players who do not want to advertise their online status. Which get the compromise that you can disable it in the settings. And you are were we are now.

DSGVO anyone?

well, the GDPR does not forbid a browser to transmit your 'online' status to a site.

and basically being "online" is defined by being logged in, *and* if the window running the game has focus (i.e. if using multiple tabs, the tabs not being viewed right now do NOT have focus, i.e. you are not actively online there).

and it's also a very common feature on most chat programs to show who's not afk (simply by checking when last text/action was sent to the server), so i don't see why this should be too hard to implement :)

Macha

Squire
i hope this never gets added to the game, if you want to know who in the guild is online then message & ask, if they choose to ignore it then thats their choice, sometimes i want to just quietly get on with aiding or ge or settlements or chatting or checking gbs or numerous other things without some1 seeing i am online & telling me i need to do gvg or gbg etc

Tanmay11

Regent
just provide a privacy option for players to turn off the status...if one does not want to advertise their online status. that would address some of the players concerns voiced above

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
-1 No.

It's been requested and discussed before. for example:
No person should be able to monitor when I am on line or not. (plunder's dream)
I do not need or want multiple spam emails from other players asking me why I am or am not doing something.
Take the time to find a guild that accepts your playing style. The guild rules (should) state what contributions are needed. It makes it easy: If I don't follow, the guild can kick me out. Guild leaders already have enough information to know who contributes and who does not. Plus, if you are really interested, you can make the effort to use foestats or FoeScoreDB to find out a player's details, activity, battles, standing, etc.

Last edited:

Stingy

Squire
With the GPDR rules applicable now (in Europe at least), that should not be an option!
And, if ever it is applied, then they HAVE to ask permission first!!! Not making an option to opt out!

With the GPDR rules applicable now (in Europe at least), that should not be an option!
And, if ever it is applied, then they HAVE to ask permission first!!! Not making an option to opt out!

no it is NOT forbidden in the GDPR rules, so don't hide behind that.
however, a globally visible "who is online" flag may not be desirable because of the plundering problem. but how about who's online in your guild? just take a look at most chat systems (discord, irc, to name a few important ones), they show who's online (and you can query who's been active *recently* as well, and who's not, i.e. just idling there) in a certain channel, so if we can apply that on FoE guild chat, we're pretty much all set regarding tracking who's available to do GvG at that time :p

DeletedUser9938

I'd love to have this feature to keep annoying guildies who only use FP swap threads and dont do GbG :) But i have a feeling this will not happen

Even if only visible to guild members, I do not agree with a flag showing that Im online. Sometimes Im online doing things and not available to chat or pay attention to messages or "urgent trades", or other things going on. Maybe Im busy battling all the hood, or will take 30 minutes or more to reconstruct the city.

Emberguard

Emperor
If this were a “active within last week” i wouldn‘t mind it as it’d have practical application. But we don’t need to advertise to plunderers when to attack our cities and it isn’t necessary for guilds to have more then they already have (the online indication within 2 days)

Agree, no issue with actual indicators that record “active within last week” or "last time active was X days ago".

Big issues with an indicator to reveal "active right now" or "not active right now".