• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 2nd December

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I will still call it a bug as it is a pain in the ***. I hate this new "feature", it mess up my thinking, Just make them show as red, not grey if I already have used then at that person
Yeah - it takes some getting used to... I am not too sure yet if I like it or not... But I remember that at some point in the past I also wished for this new feature to be a thing.

jtrucker

Baronet
And now it (the horrible new negotiating system) went to live. Without any change, not possible to opt out in setting. Terrible terrible. But not surprising.
I can't say that Inno never listens, that wouldn't be true. But with clear conscience I can state, that more often then not they do not care about feedback, especially negative one. They had received like 90+ % negative feedback for this new feature and did exactly nothing.
I would understand if one player complains, they cannot change everything for one player. But we all but one or two complained here about it... so? Why, Inno, WHY???

I'm quite tired of it and again I'm asking myself why bother leaving any feedback (unless it is "great new feature" feedback, that one is appreciated ... )
I do not beta, but alpha testing for another game. And the developer listens very carefully, what we are saying and he reacts on it. Why? Because he cares about players, but Inno is corporation and as such cares more about corporate coffers than players. And that's that.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Please remember that forum feedback is not the only feedback received on the Beta Server. We absolutely do care about feedback, but sometimes forum feedback does not match other data received.

jtrucker

Baronet
ok, where else CAN we send and read feedback, if there is more than forum? Because anything I read on forum is negative. (and not only here - I play on Czech server and one answer which came there just now is : I thought it will be good idea, but it is exactly the opposite. I often forget something because I cannot see all of them at once and I have to stop at each character a rethink it. It actually makes the whole process slower...

And so on. If you have received a lot of positive feedback (must be a lot, when on forum is practically exclusively negative), I'd like to know where and read it too. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, so I can learn something from other peoples feedback, but IMHO this is one of the worst updates ever received.

Why not to please both types of players by making it optional in the setting? The program subroutine exists for both ways, right? So it should be possible to make it switchable.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
She is speaking most likely of data won from the game - mainly in the sense of "how many diamonds are used for the new feature?" and "is the changed feature getting more use than before?"

Pafton

Viceroy
Also a major source of feedback is via tickets. From what I've observed, people are more comfortable in contacting support on a one-to-one basis than posting on a public forum. Of course, revealing the contents of other people's tickets is not possible due to privacy reasons, but more often than not the feedback from tickets does not match the feedback obtained from the forums.

DeletedUser10047

Also a major source of feedback is via tickets. From what I've observed, people are more comfortable in contacting support on a one-to-one basis than posting on a public forum. Of course, revealing the contents of other people's tickets is not possible due to privacy reasons, but more often than not the feedback from tickets does not match the feedback obtained from the forums.
That's because if someone is dissatisfied with a "feature", they are more likely to come to the forums to voice that displeasure. If they are neutral/comfortable/happy/etc. then they are not very likely to come to the forums to voice their opinion.

DeletedUser9951

Can the negotiation greying out please be made optional in the menu? It does not work for me after trying it out extensively. If anything it causes more mistakes. I am sure every experienced player has a few tricks to get through negotiations quickly and there are no good alternatives for the new function. Now we have to go back to manual checking all combinations which leads to much longer time spent on it.
It may be useful for players that just started a few days ago, but please give everyone else at least the option to turn it off.

jtrucker

Baronet

Of course, I can understand that in the case of problems and/or concerns. But sorry, I just cannot see people sending tickets with no problems, no help requests, just to send POSITIVE feedback, that would be ridiculous.

She is speaking most likely of data won from the game - mainly in the sense of "how many diamonds are used for the new feature?" and "is the changed feature getting more use than before?"

yes, sure. In general terms that's exactly the case (for example, no matter how much we on beta cry about some building being useless, if people still buy it with diamonds, the building will stay. That is all completely understandable. )
But not in this case. The new feature (new system of negotiating) cost nothing to use and cannot be used more or less, because it is the only system to be used = 100% usage.

But, possible positive (for us "invisible") feedback aside, so far nobody answered the main question:

The code for old negotiation system exists (sure your developers didn't delete it, there is backup somewhere). The code for new systems exists as well, since it is running on live now... The question: WHY it cannot be optional to use one or the other? Outcome doesn't matter. In the end I either assign correct goods to correct people or I don't. So why there cannot be switch to either use "help" of hiding something particular negotiator already refused, or not using that help and risking offering him the same stuff thus losing the turn.
That's all we want. For it to be optional. If it is gonna be in the next update, awesome. If not, I'm asking WHY. And I know that forum moderators do not have this answer and I know how busy developers are. But please, could one of them spend 5 minutes of his/her valuable time and give me (us) programmer's answer why it cannot be?

Thank you kindly.

jtrucker

Baronet
Can the negotiation greying out please be made optional in the menu? It does not work for me after trying it out extensively. If anything it causes more mistakes. I am sure every experienced player has a few tricks to get through negotiations quickly and there are no good alternatives for the new function. Now we have to go back to manual checking all combinations which leads to much longer time spent on it.
It may be useful for players that just started a few days ago, but please give everyone else at least the option to turn it off.

Oh, my friend. That is what I'm trying for several days if not weeks. You are absolutely correct, it causes more mistakes and the negotiation takes way longer than before. Unless you are new player.
Well, so far nobody answered if it could be optional or WHY it couldn't be. Maybe someone will after my last plea...

As the classic says: "Spes moritur ultima"