• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 13th February

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
The daily changelogs for the week commencing with the 13th of February can be found at this linked thread.

Should you have any comments or suggestions regarding what is posted in the daily changelogs, please let us know here. Please double check that your post indicates what change you are referring to so that we can more easily review the feedback. For any issues you may encounter regarding the points mentioned in the daily changelogs, please use the Bugs Forum to report them.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
@Darkstar, can you let us know what the improvements were ... aiding actually seemed a bit slower today.
It's background stuff but as performance goes it should be slightly faster. I can't speak for others but having done it today on both live and here, it did appear smoother here.

Andi47

Overlord
I also have the impression, that it is not faster (or maybe even a bit slower) - and today i recogniced that a few aid buttons did not do. (had some friends whom I could aid despite I aided all of them yesterday (at least I clicked the buttons))

DeletedUser730

It's not slower nor much faster. Response times vary between 65ms and 300ms (roughly) with most requests taking around 130ms, about the same as before. Honestly I don't think you can squeeze much more out of response times. 130ms is already a fairly good response time, but that's not really reflected in our gameplay. I think the only way you could drastically improve aiding speed is if you implemented aid pooling, as suggested here: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/pool-aiding.32610/

If you don't want to take on that task (I can imagine it being fairly big), I'd leave aiding as-is; no use wasting time on getting a 5ms-faster response time.

Edit: What I do want to say in terms of speed, you really did great on improving the speed of the confirmation window after sending a friend request. Used to take ages, now it's lightning fast! Kudos!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6705

Same here... can't really see an increase in aid speed - and since I have been out of friend requests for a long time, I'll have to take your word for it. What would really speed up aid was if we could switch off the tavern loading. Personally I do not give 2 hoots about who's sitting there already.

Make the aid button polivate something **and** park my posterior in the tavern without loading any aspect of my friend's town and we might see some measurable improvements (just keep the little icon available for all those instances where we can't find a seat during the general aid round).

DeletedUser730

Same here... can't really see an increase in aid speed - and since I have been out of friend requests for a long time, I'll have to take your word for it. What would really speed up aid was if we could switch off the tavern loading. Personally I do not give 2 hoots about who's sitting there already.

If you weren't already someone's wife, I'd marry you! I totally agree. Showing the tavern is totally useless.

DeletedUser5429

Face of the ancient and Gate of the sun god were useless (who wants decorations?), but now they are worse than flower harbours, which we gained in GE anyway.
Even though I don't care about decorations, this nerf is kind of saddening. Sounds like "Hey, you gained too good stuff in GE, so we nerfed it". o_O

DeletedUser7262

Face of the ancient and Gate of the sun god were useless (who wants decorations?), but now they are worse than flower harbours, which we gained in GE anyway.
Even though I don't care about decorations, this nerf is kind of saddening. Sounds like "Hey, you gained too good stuff in GE, so we nerfed it". o_O

ya i was slowly replacing my flower horbours with those 2 now i need to bring the back and get rid of the gate of the sun and face of the ancient

DeletedUser7529

We looked at the data again after we introduced the changes to Guild Expeditions and realized that the new decorations (Face of the Ancient and Gate of the Sun God) were massively overpowered. So we've brought their values down to be "just" good.

After changes new GE decorations are weaker than much more common diamond decorations and only litte bit better than regular ones. It seems someone at Inno has problems with numbers...
I agree those decos were a bit overpowered (50% better than diamond decos, 30% weaker than rare event decorations).
But currently its just another trash item completly out of balance - 20% weaker than common diamond decorations.
Noone will build those with new stats :(

DeletedUser7239

After changes new GE decorations are weaker than much more common diamond decorations and only litte bit better than regular ones. It seems someone at Inno has problems with numbers...
I agree those decos were a bit overpowered (50% better than diamond decos, 30% weaker than rare event decorations).
But currently its just another trash item completly out of balance - 20% weaker than common diamond decorations.

They doing so many errors that i start to believe they want to make players mad, so i think they are close to achieve that :D
And seeing the way things flow, i start to think its done on purpose.

DeletedUser6908

Hopefully this feedback is passed on to the Devs since it is clear that they have not thought of this themselves given the CV situation and now the new GE decos.

Open your favorite spreadsheet program and in the first column list the names of all of the examples of a given type of building (cultural, residential, production). For this example I will use cultural. Break this list up by Age so same Age buildings are grouped together and leave a blank line between the Ages.

In the second column write 'premium' or 'event' if a building is other than a normal building that is available to the player by unlocking tech. If the building is of the normal kind leave this entry blank.

In the third column enter the total amount of happiness that the building provides (note, for residential or production you would use population or supplies). This should be the unpolished total for each building.

In the fourth column enter the total number of squares that the building occupies. (note, for buildings that require 2 late roads you might want to add to the building size. Personal preference here).

The fifth column gets a little tricky. In the fifth column enter a formula that divides the number in the third column by the number in the forth column. This will give the amount of happiness (or population, or supplies produced) per square that the building occupies. Now you have an easy way to compare one building to any other building and see how each one performs compared to other buildings in the same Age or in adjacent Ages. This should help avoid severely over-powered (or under-powered, cough, cough, Renascence Villa, cough) buildings in the future.

DeletedUser6705

Does anybody really care about the happy points of a deco? I just use them as fodder in the recurring quests once I have a good bunch (ideally doing 10,000 happiness, 12,000 happiness, and a couple of rounds of 8 decos in one hit ...) afterwards I trash those decos anyway - so who really cares whether Inno tinkers with the deco happy points, if they think that's the most important part of the game that needs fixing... looks like occupational therapy to me.

What about a re-write of the PC code without Flash instead, or does that sound like too much hard work :p

DeletedUser7779

100% agree....why is Inno nerfing everything?!?! I aslo agree they were overpowered, but hey don't we deserve something nice especially after the release of lvl 4 ?!?! You first nerfed the SoK (i.e. SSW), and now this??? What am I supposed to do now as I deleted all my cultural buildings on beta (LMA) and replaced them with the decos?? On live servers i replaced several flower arbors already, deleted a balloon site, etc...Why on Earth would you nerf them so badly and make them worse than what we already had?? It's not like people were not complaining about the hundreds of flower arbors rusting in inventory and now you give us something worse!
Not to mention the nerfing of the crystal villas, is it really so hard to do the math? Once again, I'm very disappointed...
I haven't bought diamonds for over a year and Inno constantly reminds me why...