• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

One Time Thing?

DeletedUser

Will there be more diamonds in the near future, or was that original 500 a "one time thing!"

DeletedUser

I'm a little concerned about the future of this game. After having searched through the future ages in the Research, so many of the Expansions can only be opened with diamonds. Isn't that going to limit the progress of the game to the players who can't afford to buy the diamonds? Is this going to turn out to be a game won by the money players?

DeletedUser

no, theres many more free techs, most of the techs that cost pp are just expansions, there are some people with bigger cities then me but lower in points.

DeletedUser

I think it's more down to how you decide to play the game than diamond spending, finding a decent balance between houses, troops, tools and products replacing buildings once you have the required products for an entire age with another product building of the same dimensions saves spending diamonds or swapping the space created to housing, demolishing troop barracks when you have a decent number of troops and replacing it with houses etc. Sure diamond players will reap benefits in some ways, but you'd expect that in any game, but then again clever use of available resources and buildings and space are just as good as throwing diamonds about.

As yal-a-dar states most are just expansions in the research tree, some housing but as stated on the forum they aren't really worth having, I used the 500 diamonds to unlock 2 land expansions, purely so I can manufacture future needed goods now, and as such although I am a long way from the High Middle Age I am already producing needed products for that era. Once I have unlocked the necessary production buildings and so on I will have space for newer military and other useful buildings which in turn will allow quicker progress later on which I think will be a match for any diamond player, but time will tell.

Diamond players will I'm sure still have to spend time and forge points unlocking diamond specific research tech,and as the research tree shows thae path to these ends in a dead end anyway so no extra advantage there. that others won't have to put any points into at all. Ok they can buy an entire tech with diamonds in an instant but looking further into the tech trees some of those will be rather expensive (all depends on how many diamonds you get for your £,$ or Euro)

DeletedUser4

Will there be more diamonds in the near future, or was that original 500 a "one time thing!"

Yes the diamonds were a nice perk. Currently I cannot release any information about more diamonds in the future. If more are released, it will be announced in the forum.

DeletedUser

As an idea breaking off of this, what about diamonds being given as rewards to the top 5-10 warriors of each age or so according to rank (as in PVP tower)? Even a small amount, this perk would drive many players to play harder and more actively.

DeletedUser

As an idea breaking off of this, what about diamonds being given as rewards to the top 5-10 warriors of each age or so according to rank (as in PVP tower)? Even a small amount, this perk would drive many players to play harder and more actively.

That would only make them stronger so they get even better, this way they will always stay in the top. So that would be a bad idea in my opinion.
But I agree with you that there should be a possibility to receive diamonds without paying, but I think we have to look at community competitions etc. then.