• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented One small suggestion about Research tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Can the default screen of research tree be placed at the latetest research?
Every time I have to scroll the screen to the latest one and it would be nice to have it shown at the first place.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure what you mean with "latest research"? Currently, the screen opens up showing you the first research you still need at the very left, with the ones that still need to be done after that piling up on the right. I find this quite ok...

DeletedUser

I agree with Sysbobby on this .....it is a "drag" (groan) to always find your research tree opening up at the beginning of the EMA and having to drag and slide the screen (or hold down / click the arrow on the edge of the screen) several times just to get to where I need to be to be able to see where I can place my FP's near the end of the HMA.

Would be much nicer and cleaner if the research tab opened up level with the Age and "column" of research you are currently ...erm...researching!

DeletedUser

eehhh sorry what ?

The research tree DOES open up... well as HaekelHansi say.
What are your people doing? does it open up at the very first "stone age" research ?

Mine does as he says, it opens up to where ever i am in my research. Latest to the left, and what-not continuing on the right.
Even if i move the slider a little to have the research in the middle, it will then open up all to the left, next time i open up.

hmm gonna make a screenshot, brb ;-)
EDIT: this is how my research starts, when i open my tab.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

same here starts like it should
tv7z8.jpg

DeletedUser

Sysbobby and myself and I'm sure a few others are at the other end of the research tree for us the panel opens up at the start of the EMA and if we want to add FP's to our research we have to drag / scroll along about 4 of 5 times to get to where we need to add our points (at the far end of the HMA era), so perhaps as it seems to open where you folks need it to, the game mechanics to make it open to where we need it to open (automatically) the start of the HMA at least is missing or not yet implemented.

So rather than opening at the HMA section the research always opens at the beginning of the EMA and for us at least think it needs a slight tweak.

Opens here

researchpanelopen01.jpg

needed to open here or at least in the HMA section

Researchpanel02.jpg

DeletedUser

Hmm yeah that sounds strange. But why should it not be implemented, or "stop" at a specific age.
Either the ages is seperated in the code, hence as you say, they have forgotten that "feature" or... well cant think of anything else really. So yes, that must be a pain to scroll all that way.

I would just think that the research tree is "one long" research, and not seperated (that we cant see as gamers), in ages, codes, and so on. So this could happen.

DeletedUser

For me it would be nice if it ignored the Diamonds ones as I have all the rest just not where it costs diamonds.

DeletedUser

Sysbobby and myself and I'm sure a few others are at the other end of the research tree for us the panel opens up at the start of the EMA and if we want to add FP's to our research we have to drag / scroll along about 4 of 5 times to get to where we need to add our points ......

........ because you refused to pay diamonds for the multistorey house research. As Drew pointed out correctly, those researches are not being ignored.

DeletedUser

........ because you refused to pay diamonds for the multistorey house research. As Drew pointed out correctly, those researches are not being ignored.

And those expansion squares that require diamonds before that?

DeletedUser

If they're not researched, the tech tree should jump back to the first one in line there. If it doesn't, I suggest to put this in as a bug. But maybe there's only something wrong with the multistorey building - as far as I saw, it's the only building in the whole tech tree that requires diamonds to unlock. The rest is just for expansions. I can't test this anymore because I bought all expansions in bronze and iron age.

DeletedUser

Must be as you say, although until this earlier I had unlocked expansion slots prior to the multi-storey houses, but it always opened here and has done for some time for me.

DeletedUser

Yeah,

For my case it should show this:

1.jpg

Not this (since I'm not in the Early Middle Age any more)

2.jpg

DeletedUser

I prefer it to stat at the age you are at, makes more sense naturally because you can go back to researches that you skip?

Jules

Squire
Yes, that would be a smart addition, my research tree shows me always the iron age-technologies, although I am already researching in the high middle age.

DeletedUser

Do we know if this is a bug yet?
just if it IS the normal way that it should follow our research, so it always starts from the first possible research.
If we of cause has research everything up to "that point"

Status
Not open for further replies.