• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

OF Third Recurring Questgiver Slot - Only Obtainable for Some?

DeletedUser7942

There is a third slot that can be used as another Recurring questgiver simultaneously with the other two Recurring questgivers however the problem is as I understand it to be that because the Story line exists this third recurring questgiver slot will not appear.

Here you can see the two Recurring questgivers and the Story questline taking me through the OF2 map;
third quest giver, where are you - Copy.PNG

From what I understand then one has to reach the end of Research and Continent Map before the next expansion comes out in order to end the Story questline and trigger the third slot for all three recurring quest giver slots. As such because I did not reach the end of OF1 by the time OF2 came out the Story line continues and I can't get it, same now that OF3 is out now I have to get to the end of OF3 Research and Map before OF4 comes out. And then it seems to me anyone not done with OF by the time the next expansion comes out will never be able to obtain this slot for recurring quests because by then the Story questline will just continue.

So my questions are; is this intended? If not can it be fixed? oh, and let's say I manage to reach the end of OF3 Research and Map before OF4 comes out, when OF4 is released will I again lose the slot to the Story line?

Doesn't seem right that only the players who managed to get to the end of an OF expansion before the next one is released gets this advantage over those who don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
You have 3 questgiver slots, and recurring quests will appear on those only if you do not meet the requirement for any other (story, normal) quests. That's been the case since Bronze Age (you can have two BA players where 1 has story/normal quests and another 1 has recurring quests), and the very beginnings of the game.

The main difference in the beginning is that in BA you start with 2 slots that eventually evolve into 3 with bonus questlines (EMA, LMA) and then become 3 slots permanently.

DeletedUser7942

You have 3 questgiver slots, and recurring quests will appear on those only if you do not meet the requirement for any other (story, normal) quests. That's been the case since Bronze Age (you can have two BA players where 1 has story/normal quests and another 1 has recurring quests), and the very beginnings of the game.

The main difference in the beginning is that in BA you start with 2 slots that eventually evolve into 3 with bonus questlines (EMA, LMA) and then become 3 slots permanently.
But before OF a player could obtain the two recurring questgivers at anytime they join the game whereas now any player not reaching the end of OF before the next expansion will never get the third recurring questgiver because the Storyline will continually take that slot. Right now I'm rushing to the end of OF3 before OF4 comes out because of this.

edit: Another way to put this as well is when OF1 came out the players who reached the end of Map and Tech were able to fill the third slot with the third recurring questgiver because there's no more storyline. But any player that was not able to complete OF1 when OF2 came out will not because now the Storyline continues into OF2. Same problem for OF2 to OF3, and now if I don't reach the end Tech and Map to finish the OF3 storyline before OF4 I will have to rush to the end OF4 as mentioned before the release of the expansion after OF and if not then it will never appear.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

doing 3 recurring quests was possible since they introduced the recurring quests (before that players had no quest at the end)

only being at the end
I don't know the exact era when that was
but very long time ago

(I am at the end since late middle age on my live main world. that was the end of the game in 2012 when the game started. at that time we had no quests to do because that was before the recurring quests)

at the end of AF (each part): players had 3 recurring quests
before that: at the end of the Future Era players had 3 recurring quests
and so on

it is nothing new because of the OF

DeletedUser7942

doing 3 recurring quests was possible since they introduced the recurring quests (before that players had no quest at the end)

only being at the end
I don't know the exact era when that was
but very long time ago

(I am at the end since late middle age on my live main world. that was the end of the game in 2012 when the game started. at that time we had no quests to do because that was before the recurring quests)

at the end of AF (each part): players had 3 recurring quests
before that: at the end of the Future Era players had 3 recurring quests
and so on

it is nothing new because of the OF
Ah, I see, thank you, it's a new thing to me though and I have to say I find this design rather strange in that if a player happens to be at the end game at the time before the next expansion they get this advantage over all players who come after them. Just don't seem right and I wonder what the reasoning is behind it and if change would be considered.

DeletedUser7942

And another question, when one does obtain the third recurring questgiver is it lost when a new expansion opens to be used for the story line again?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
You have 3 questgivers, and you have the story/normal quests first. If those run out, you get recurring quests. If new story/normal quests become available, you get those instead of recurring quests.

DeletedUser7942

You have 3 questgivers, and you have the story/normal quests first. If those run out, you get recurring quests. If new story/normal quests become available, you get those instead of recurring quests.
Ah, so essentially it's only a temporary advantage for those who reach the end of Tech/Map waiting for the next expansions release. Which is a like 50% increase in rewards daily for however long in between there. Thanks.

sirblu

Baronet
Sorry - again, When does the 3rd Quest giver appear - I had thought it was at the end of the HMA but now that I have entered the LMA I still only have 2 - the story quest and the Recurring Quest. In my other live world I have the 3 - 1 story and 2 recurring but I don't remember when the 3rd one came to be.