• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: oceanic artillery unit ignores flying skill?

Tanmay11

Regent
@Zarok Dai I went into fight in GE with dragon drone's and the new artillery unit was able to hit them.
d4714a84843e46aba1bb9b24ada1434b.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser7262

the new unit can not target flying but the motar can hit flying if new a ground unit

DeletedUser

@Zarok Dai I went into fight in GE with dragon drone's and the new artillery unit was able to hit them.

The reply above is correct. The arti did not directly hit the dragon done, it hit an adjacent unit and the drone took residual damage.

RedRed

Viceroy
the unit in the target sector was a rogue? (otherwise the artillery shouldn't be able to hit nothing)

Tanmay11

Regent
the unit in the target sector was a rogue? (otherwise the artillery shouldn't be able to hit nothing)
EDIT: yeah it hit rogue, and the units around were dragon drones which also got hit.

i still think this shouldn't be happening because flying units are supposed to be immune from any sort of artillery damage.....

Last edited:

podkap1970

Emperor
i still think this shouldn't be happening because flying units are supposed to be immune from any sort of artillery damage
yeah
i have done the GE before they got implemented
do the new artillery shoot before the AF Plasma Artillery, anyone can answer me this please

podkap1970

Emperor
hmm thanks, the next GE will be more difficult than i guess
because this new artillery is very terrible, like the CE artillery (was good to beat very slow the assault tanks)
and the new artillery cant see stealth either, hmm

qaccy

Emperor
EDIT: yeah it hit rogue, and the units around were dragon drones which also got hit.

i still think this shouldn't be happening because flying units are supposed to be immune from any sort of artillery damage.....

The interpretations are a bit ambiguous, but flying units technically aren't immune to artillery damage; they just usually can't be targeted by them. The turrets aren't directly targeting the flying units (because they can't), but they can be damaged if they're in the splash zone. However, I'm not sure why flying units are able to be damaged in this case and yet cannot be damaged by the similar ability that missile artillery in CE has. Probably some technical thing that I wouldn't understand. :)

Tanmay11

Regent
The interpretations are a bit ambiguous, but flying units technically aren't immune to artillery damage; they just usually can't be targeted by them. The turrets aren't directly targeting the flying units (because they can't), but they can be damaged if they're in the splash zone. However, I'm not sure why flying units are able to be damaged in this case and yet cannot be damaged by the similar ability that missile artillery in CE has. Probably some technical thing that I wouldn't understand. :)
yeah, we need some clear definitions from inno tbh....like rail gun's "power shot" ability which clearly says it ignores defensive skills.