• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Notification when outbid in the Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
When you make a bid in the dealer, there is no notification when you're outbid. You have to keep checking the page. There's notification for when you win the auction, but that's it.
Details
Put up the "!" when you are outbid to prompt you to check the dealer.
Balance
N/A
Abuse Prevention
N/A
Summary
The game should notify you when you're outbid in the dealer. This would make the dealer more competitive as more people will participate and bid to win.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
It wasn't on the first page.
Currently, the dealer only displays a notification when you win the auction. The "!" is a visual cue for users to check the dealer especially on an item they desire. It would make the dealer more competitive if people knew they were outbid. Its easy to tell if you've been outbid or won the auction because the timer wont be present when you've won the auction.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Not against it - but I doubt you are the first to suggest this.

Independently thereof it is still kind of unnecessary - unless an extraordinary amount is bid, the auction is won in the last 30 sec of the auction - if you are not there at the time you lose the auction 99% of the time, no matter how often you bid in the previous two hours.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Not against it - but I doubt you are the first to suggest this.

Independently thereof it is still kind of unnecessary - unless an extraordinary amount is bid, the auction is won in the last 30 sec of the auction - if you are not there at the time you lose the auction 99% of the time, no matter how often you bid in the previous two hours.

Really we need a minimum raise system of some sort to move away from this. "here's an item, come back when it's within 30 seconds of ending if you want to win it at any reasonable price" is silly. If every subsequent bid had to be at least 10% higher than the previous then you could make an honest bid of "this is what it's worth to me" and feel secure that if someone outbids you they thought it was worth more. Currently if they agree with you they just bid that +1 and basically get it for the same price.

ArklurBeta

Baronet

It happened to me like 2 times that I was going for an item, but for whatever reason (maybe I was talking to someone or doing something in my city) I forgot of the AD. One might say "that's your fault", and he would be right, but...this could be a nice QoL feature to decrease the amount of times this happens to someone. Not badly needed, but given it's not a complete overhaul of the AD, relatively easy to implement, I assume, my vote is a Yes :).

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Really we need a minimum raise system of some sort to move away from this. "here's an item, come back when it's within 30 seconds of ending if you want to win it at any reasonable price" is silly. If every subsequent bid had to be at least 10% higher than the previous then you could make an honest bid of "this is what it's worth to me" and feel secure that if someone outbids you they thought it was worth more. Currently if they agree with you they just bid that +1 and basically get it for the same price.
Well... I originally advocated for a silent auction - second highest bid price... That would nullify the need to be there in the final seconds and you get a real pricing

Unfortunately that proposition was not entertained...

Edit: correct term: vickroy auction

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well... I originally advocated for a silent auction - second highest bid price... That would nullify the need to be there in the final seconds and you get a real pricing

Unfortunately that proposition was not entertained...

Edit: correct term: vickroy auction

I think while that auction format meets well in terms of market efficiency (and have seen good arguments previously for it being the most efficient auction format), it doesn't meet with most people's understanding level; and it's not easy to visualize what's happening to help fix their understanding.

It also doesn't give people any opportunity for "action". You putting in your number and wait to see if you win and for how much lacks the excitement of a potential back and forth battle to outbid someone while getting it as cheap as you can. Alas outbidding each other by 1 coin when prices are in 10s or 100s of thousands of coins isn't very much quality action either :p And the 2 hour wait before the final showdown begins isn't exactly appealing either.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I'd probably go for this just to see what it looks like in the city while I am placing a bid in the AD. Other times, I would like to be notified through messaging that shows the current bid being outbid by another within that time frame.

Else, I will just resort using my own tactic of setting a timer on my device to the set amount (not going to tell since some might take that as a strategic tool when going against me, lol) so I can get in and check myself (unless I am driving, of course).

CrashBoom

Legend
actually we need following system
we bid what we want to pay maximum but only pay the highest other bid+1 (and that is also only shown to other)

let's say my max would be 100k and I enter that in the field

the current highest is 50k. so my offer would only be 50.001.
then a player offers 60k max. my offer goes automatically 60.001
another would give 70k. my offer goes 70.001

now someone comes and enters 120k. his offer will then be 100.001 (my 100k +1)

and now try to overbid it in step of 1 when it shows 50.001 but my (hidden) real offer is 100k
and the timer doesn't reset because you don't make a new valid offer :D

(but the cheap prize hunters could still overbid each other with only 1 if they want to and nobody else with a real offer is there because with a new valid x+1 the timer is reset to 30 seconds)

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
We already have a notification for that. Have for probably 2 years by now

unknown.png

The "!" is a visual cue for users to check the dealer especially on an item they desire. It would make the dealer more competitive if people knew they were outbid
If you're referring to a Visual Cue that would have been better terminology rather than "Notification" as that's a feature all of its own

I agree a Visual Cue would be useful so Desktop has something. But I would want it to be something that's not the exclamation mark. Better for it to have its own symbol so we know exactly what it's alerting us to

Ironrooster

Baronet
We already have a notification for that. Have for probably 2 years by now

unknown.png

If you're referring to a Visual Cue that would have been better terminology rather than "Notification" as that's a feature all of its own

I agree a Visual Cue would be useful so Desktop has something. But I would want it to be something that's not the exclamation mark. Better for it to have its own symbol so we know exactly what it's alerting us to
How is this screen accessed?

Emberguard

Emperor
How is this screen accessed?
log onto the mobile device you wish to receive the notification on

Settings
Make sure ”Push Notifications are accepted” is ticked
Scroll down until you find “push notifications for Antiques Dealer”
Click “Customise”

IMG_2698.png

Amdira

Baronet
It's called alarm-clock :)

Amdira

Baronet
It happened to me like 2 times that I was going for an item, but for whatever reason (maybe I was talking to someone or doing something in my city) I forgot of the AD. One might say "that's your fault", and he would be right, but...this could be a nice QoL feature to decrease the amount of times this happens to someone. Not badly needed, but given it's not a complete overhaul of the AD, relatively easy to implement, I assume, my vote is a Yes :).
Do we really need Inno for everthing which is within our own responsibility? Sometimes it really sounds like kindergarden, sry. Same if you are being distracted while your city collection is due. If you miss it for whatever reason and you are being plundered, it's your responsibility. Hopefully any distraction in RL is still more important than some bits and bytes.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Do we really need Inno for everthing which is within our own responsibility? Sometimes it really sounds like kindergarden, sry. Same if you are being distracted while your city collection is due. If you miss it for whatever reason and you are being plundered, it's your responsibility.

And when did I say it's not my responsibility? If I think something would make the game better (even if just a tiny-little bit), that doesn't mean that I think "it's not my fault and Inno should fix this to prevent it happening". Back then it was the guild's (GBG Officers') responsibility to make sure a sector is not flipped sooner than planned, but it was still a nice addition from Inno to give us a tool to make it easier to prevent this to happen. And that had a much bigger impact on the game.

Hopefully any distraction in RL is still more important than some bits and bytes.

You are sort of implying like I said my life depends on this feature. I liked the idea and explained why. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.