• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Notification on settlements

1BFA

Viceroy
Seeing production completion alert on vikings outpost during cool down period.

Running HTML version of the game.

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-05-21 085345.jpg
    Annotation 2019-05-21 085345.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 23

Mr.Quib

Squire
Same here, I haven't even started a settlement (so I'm not in cool down period), but I'm getting the notification.

DeletedUser

This is not actually a bug. The behavior has changed to show when an action can be taken, even if it is to start a new settlement.

1BFA

Viceroy
This is not actually a bug. The behavior has changed to show when an action can be taken, even if it is to start a new settlement.

As you can see in the screen shot, there is no pending action for me to take for next 8 hours, right?

Exactly. It's confusing to say the least! I cannot do anything for next 4 hours but notification is there! It should be there the moment some action (including starting new settlement) can be taken! Not 4 hours before. Please change it because this is a huge no...

shad2389

Viceroy
realy useless that it apears when you have nothing to do in setelment
lol mine was there right after i abandoned setelment wich means it was there 24 hours befor i could do any action in setelment

Last edited:

DeletedUser

OMG, seriously?! If I have no intention to do settlements, I would have to just live with the freakin red "!" mark throughtout WHOLE game?!

The guy who invented this idea outclassed the guy who came up with big blue arrow. Or maybe it is the same guy, with some kind of stress syndrome and has to have pointing and hopping thingies around him. Get him an appointment with therapist, that is no behavior to be encouraged... :/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And, seriously, opinions about settlements are still veeeery different and I know some people love them wholeheartedly (good4U), but some (great some!) don't like them at ALL. And now you are sticking "!" into our faces, saying like some Weird Al Yankovic version of Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS SETTLEMENTS!!!"

Do you developers have no better things to do than being annoying pain in the buttocks? Are you having some kind of contest there?

Andi47

Overlord

Then the bug is the other way round: Starting the production in an idle goods building or an idle Market is also an action that can be taken, but there is no notification when there is a moon hovering over e.g. a Beast Hunter. (frequently happens when building new goods buildings - and sometimes they remain idle overnight when I don't remember to check back an hour later, even if there is no notification)

shad2389

Viceroy
attachment.php

t
tifoe2-562f47c.png
tifoe2-562f47c.png
[/url][/IMG]hey should at least grey it out if they want it there in permanence when there is nothing to do in setelment while in cool down period lol like on image i created above
would be less confusing then turn it red again when timer for cool down is over for setelment and would be more logical would give it a reason for it to exist

Last edited:

1BFA

Viceroy
I will let the devs know :)

Any response from Devs???

Here is an idea for devs, if they are looking at how to increase awareness of settlements, randomly DC can ask for starting an settlement if and only if the settlement is not yet started and it is not under cool down period. Anyone new who doesnt know about the feature will be forced to figure it out....seasoned players can skip that days DC. Therefore we don't have to have a !!!! all the time in our cities.

Another useful thing would to add Moon icon when a production building is sitting ideal...not sure if that is even possible.

Beta-OD

Squire
Then the bug is the other way round: Starting the production in an idle goods building or an idle Market is also an action that can be taken, but there is no notification when there is a moon hovering over e.g. a Beast Hunter. (frequently happens when building new goods buildings - and sometimes they remain idle overnight when I don't remember to check back an hour later, even if there is no notification)

I was going to say the same thing.

caro

Farmer
The same goes for the Mars colony: the notification is now on 24/7 although there are no iddle buildings.. looks like a bug to me