• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Notification of fragments

Solution
It is currently technical necissary. Every time you receive a reward, that is not a resource (resources are supplies, goods, FPs, etc.) you get a popup, no matter where you get it from.
Changing that for buildings specifically is not a easy task and to share my own opinion: Probably not worth the effort (yet).
If they would for example change how the popups work in Guild Battlegrounds, they could have a look at the rewards from buildings as well.

Emberguard

Emperor
Because for some reason they decided to do it that way instead of floating icons.

I agree with your opinion, but right now our only real options are either don't place those specific buildings, or click through the notifications when we collect

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
It is currently technical necissary. Every time you receive a reward, that is not a resource (resources are supplies, goods, FPs, etc.) you get a popup, no matter where you get it from.
Changing that for buildings specifically is not a easy task and to share my own opinion: Probably not worth the effort (yet).
If they would for example change how the popups work in Guild Battlegrounds, they could have a look at the rewards from buildings as well.

Solution

kawada

Marquis
no matter where you get it from.
new event buildings give new kind of items with popup notifications. So it will be getting worse and worse which might cause more technical limitations. Better make a “surgery“ asap rather than waiting until the wound is too big

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
@Juber can this QoL improvement be forwarded to the devs? Imho it's a very large improvement. In particular with an increased number of fragments producing buildings. We can't be the only as it's popping up so now and then.
We forward it every time when the feedback comes up. Just keep mentioning it, when it happens and we have a good chance, that some improvements might come. :)
@Juber as this is a longterm game, better to do it now rather than to wait until people decide there are too many popups, leave and then decide to fix it. Particularly if it’s not a easy task and will take time to come up with a fix
new event buildings give new kind of items with popup notifications. So it will be getting worse and worse which might cause more technical limitations. Better make a “surgery“ asap rather than waiting until the wound is too big
It is not something that has to be changed for every building, but for a building type. So it does not matter code wise how many buildings with that exist. It's like a change to the army management. It will not only be applied to gbg fights, but also ge, gvg, neighborhood, ect.

Yekk

Viceroy
Then give the option to turn off the notification. Yes it would affect all popups but until you have adjusted the framework a simple fix is better than losing players.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Then give the option to turn off the notification. Yes it would affect all popups but until you have adjusted the framework a simple fix is better than losing players.
I think way more players would leave the game, when they think they don't get any rewards anymore, because of the missing popups.
And to be frank, whoever says they are leaving the game over a couple of clicks daily for the popups wants to leave the game for a lot of different reasons alredy.

Emberguard

Emperor
And to be frank, whoever says they are leaving the game over a couple of clicks daily for the popups wants to leave the game for a lot of different reasons already.
Possibly. Then again I've left a different game because the reward popups were so numerous it felt like it was longer than the actual gameplay. I wouldn't dismiss the notion that too many popups if disruptive to gameplay will result in people leaving.

At the moment it's not too bad on FoE.... but that could very easily change with each Event due to the compound effect of each additional popup

I think way more players would leave the game, when they think they don't get any rewards anymore, because of the missing popups.
Very few people ever think there's no rewards gained when we collect Forge Points / Goods / Coins etc because we still have the visual indicator of a floating icon. When they do think it, it's always thinking it's a bug, not the norm.

In any case, if that's the concern..... the devs could always just do what Aid All does. A single popup showing everything at once. We don't need a separate popup for every single reward.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Very few people ever think there's no rewards gained when we collect Forge Points / Goods / Coins etc because we still have the visual indicator of a floating icon. When they do think it, it's always thinking it's a bug, not the norm.
Actually, we were talking about the popups in general, as I said, that the popups have to appear for these types of rewards in general. The blimps are only there for buildings. According to @Yekk less players would leave the game, when there are no popups, which I denied.
In any case, if that's the concern..... the devs could always just do what Aid All does. A single popup showing everything at once. We don't need a separate popup for every single reward.
Actually, this should be the case already for multiple rewards, but it seems like because Collect All collects all buildings one after another, it does not work correctly there. I don't really know, if this is reported already. Will do that just in case :)

Yekk

Viceroy
And to be frank, whoever says they are leaving the game over a couple of clicks daily for the popups wants to leave the game for a lot of different reasons alredy.
Since the player would have to physically turn off the popups the notion they would then think the game was broken excuse is not valid. They could just turn it back on if the no popup value "bothered" them.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Juber I think there are good solutions to the pop-up spam, like giving the option in settings to disable the pop-ups for rewards. With either 2 outcomes: the rewards are quietly added into player's inventory. Which also gives a subtle notification and shows what has been added and the quantity already, or like other supplies, coins and units. Either way giving the option to manually disable pop-ups would be a good temporary solution. Until balloons like coins, supplies and units can be used for all rewards. Let's not forget that players will see the items added into their inventory due to the notifications the inventory always give when something new is added.
I doubt that the pop-ups are required to let it function. Cause all special buildings producing units, before donkey enclosure, did not have pop-ups and work fine.