• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Notice of intent mwhahahahaha

DeletedUser

Ok folks purely for fun and giggles and seeing that no-one actually loses troops from their armies while defending from attacks by other players or any coins, supplies or goods I hereby state my intent to attack each and every player in the "social Bar" (top 80)

Feel free to take revenge or get first strike in if you like. I'm doing this more as a test of my battle skills and to see if I can find any new or unnoticed issues.

Plus I have a rather large surplus of troops sitting around and the new recruits are eager to prove their mettle in battle and whittling down a few will make room for the young 'uns to join the ranks. I'm also rather curious to see how many of us actually build and use a defensive army in this game.

By giving ample notice (approximately 48 hours) I'll start at some point Tuesday 17th January. It gives people time to build a defensive army, drop out the Top 80 and a chance to read this post so they can't claim I didn't forewarn them.

Hope to meet some defensive armies in this little experiment rather than just 2 spear men in each fight and man those barricades comrades! :cool: :D

DeletedUser

leaving spearmen will give you less points so thats a bonus for me LOL

DeletedUser

Fair enough .....if they get a kill in or do you get points just for being attacked? This is one of the things I want to get some information on.

I know killing two spear men will only give me 40 points but as I don't get any experience in the Iron Age PvP towers any more it's no biggy

And as I said as no one really loses anything apart from me perhaps....no one should feel outraged that they get attacked .....unless they don't read the forums at any time then I guess they can't blame anyone!

DeletedUser

I could be wrong, but if the players have a defensive Army in the right side of their Army Management, all you will get is two spearman. I believe you only get to fight a full Army if the players do NOT have their cities defended and have all their soldiers in the left side of their Army Management panel.

DeletedUser

Ahh something I'll look into Rusty and make notes on.

I know the other week H0llygh0st (spelling?) attacked me as a favour to see what units my defending army was made up of and it was the units I had placed in the "defenders" section on the right of the screen....mind you I also had a lot of "spare" troops in the left hand army screen, so you could be right. I'll investigate on my rampage :cool:

DeletedUser

You should post this here mate http://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com...p?29-Dunarsund
-> Discuss World events, battles and politics here.

This is not supposed to be in this section.
Quote from the boss: "Welcome to the FAQ section! I assume you are here because you have a question about the game. You have come to the right place. The forum is a great source of information. Thank you for using it!"

DeletedUser

Doh right again mate erm..... gimme time to come up with a new excuse for this error :p

DeletedUser

Doh right again mate erm..... gimme time to come up with a new excuse for this error :p

Haha ok :p
Sorryfor doing it again, couldn't resist ^^

ON topic: I will get back at you mister! When your army is weak and my people are motivated enough to take their revenge!

DeletedUser

Well ok so far in this test I've managed to spend several hours attacking numbers 80 to 10 in the social bar, I've made notes on some of the armies I've come up against and a few other things I've found out too.

Units do in fact fully heal themselves if damaged against a human player.
Units labelled as horse archers seem to like melee combat rather than stay away from it.

Funnily enough only Nyxx defeated my troops outright, but not wanting to mention what armies people are using I'll PM a few of the active forum members about what they have in their defensive armies rather than give things away etc.

Funnily enough not everyone had 2 spear men and some full armies (8 units) were of an interesting mixture, so am interested to find out if this was a "defending army" or just the troop reservoir in the town hall.

More info if and when I work it out.

Ps... those wanting to take revenge on my weakened army do it now lol I just freed up 600 + population spots lol.

Something else I noticed if you have EMA troops in your army obviously it doesn't count in the Iron Age PvP rankings but if they are missing from an army you will score points in the Iron Age PvP area......found that out after my mercenary units died in battles.......I wish I could see the EMA PvP I should be well in front there lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Guessing you used EMA troops as did I and I get that message as well but am thinking as the PvP tower for the EMA isn't yet available it just says that you'd be ranked #1 whether you score 48 points or 1500 points.

Once I was reduced to Iron Age troops I was getting a position and how many points needed to next rung in the ladder.

Try a battle with no EMA troops in it and se what message you get.

In fact before I started todays test I had no position in the Iron Age pvp list ....seems I'm now 26th.

Jules

Squire
Guessing you used EMA troops as did I and I get that message as well but am thinking as the PvP tower for the EMA isn't yet available it just says that you'd be ranked #1 whether you score 48 points or 1500 points.

Once I was reduced to Iron Age troops I was getting a position and how many points needed to next rung in the ladder.

Try a battle with no EMA troops in it and se what message you get.

In fact before I started todays test I had no position in the Iron Age pvp list ....seems I'm now 26th.

You are probably right, but you destroyed my illusion that I was the only one using early middle age troops :/

DeletedUser

You are probably right, but you destroyed my illusion that I was the only one using early middle age troops :/

Ahh sorry Jules but I fear *we* are not alone in that either. Although I think I may have an issue / bug similar to the Legionnaire one about to crop up. Concerning Armoured infantry!