• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion No solution possible to avoid unfair market trades

nice2haveu

Baronet
Myself tried to suggest a new idea for avoiding unfair bulk trades but in the process of analysing it figured out like affecting some timely needs for a player or guild when it deals with goods age and ratio margin.

Two reasonable (but not fully compromising) suggestions are, bringing stack option in market trade for every player or general hide checkbox option for all unfair trades if players ticking the checkbox in the market window. Still both these choices may annoy few players.

Currently bronze age to space age, if ratio matched trades can be possible. There are no way of introducing a new solution for avoiding unfair trades without tampering the actual benefits of market trades usage.

******************End*****************

Arya66

Squire
What?!!?? ..
Stack option to avoid page after page of the same offer - okay, would be nice.
What is "unfair"? Everybody has their own opinion on that.

for some players (i dont know why) "unfair trades" Not - 2;1 1;2 1;1 - are bad and should be disabled.
Idk why, but i guess this is the case

I'm hearing SAT players on live say they won't even trade 1 SAT to 10 SAJM good.

For almost a decade players didn't calculate 1:2 as fair, it was calculated based on cost. Like 1 good could be equal to 1.66 of another age. At some point I guess people forget or get tired of all the numbers/ages.

I'm hearing SAT players on live say they won't even trade 1 SAT to 10 SAJM good.

For almost a decade players didn't calculate 1:2 as fair, it was calculated based on cost. Like 1 good could be equal to 1.66 of another age. At some point I guess people forget or get tired of all the numbers/ages.
sad ;D i mean in guild it is normal to accept only fair trades (not looking for cost) and if it is not "fair" seller should write why or propose payment in RP

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Restricting solution not needed or not possible. Both are different.

By giving age wise ratio mapping with auto selection to increase the goods count will put an end for long trouble of market window. Here, the players should need to learn and adapt for new ratio values.

As you mentioned with benefits, iron age to space age, goods mapping is still possible but not with current bad approach. It should display proper goods amount when the trade appears and should not allow to modify the new ratio which is auto populated based on age.

For example,
Space age mars to Virtual Future,
If left side virtual future goods used means, 2 ratio of auto picked and right side space age mars goods will be allowed with 2 ratio of goods only. If space age kept at left side, then right side if having age below than space age mars, then ratio should be auto decremented based on difference value to reach the space age mars.

Space age mars receiving ratio for below ages,

Same age (SAM) - 1
Virtual - 0.5
Oceanic - 0.4
Artic - 0.3
Future - 0.2
Tomorrow - 0.1
Contemporary - 0.05
.....goes on.

(Value rounded if fractions appear)
SAM 300 - 0.5 - VF 150
SAM 300 - 0.4 - OF 120
SAM 300 - 0.3 - AF 090
SAM 300 - 0.2 - FE 060
SAM 300 - 0.1 - TE 030
SAM 300 - 0.09 - CE 027
SAM 300 - 0.08 - PME 024
SAM 300 - 0.07 - ME 021
SAM 300 - 0.06 - PE 018
SAM 300 - 0.05 - InA 015
SAM 300 - 0.04 - CA 012
SAM 300 - 0.03 - LMA 009
SAM 300 - 0.02 - HMA 006
SAM 300 - 0.01 - EMA 003
SAM 300 - 0.009 - IA 003
SAM 300 - 0.008 - BA 002
....like these ratios can be mapped till starting ages. Actually, it will be wise to prevent going very much down on creating trades. Let the game itself restrict with age selected on the left side.

With this, no one can cheat on trade creation but suffers for more goods to meet the trade requirement if they are in lower ages. I think it should be okay since letting them gain more goods if they try to catch up something from latest ages. It may affect some top players donating goods for GBs easily to lower age players. Being a top players, they won't worry since All age goods will be in their stock pile very much.

But this will be little rude and won't be implemented like this since new players entering the game feel more hectic on this after playing for few months. Actually it will help them only, but the first impression they will get is purely not happy since they need to understand so much in the game. I know this is no where close to an acceptable solution but it will work very smoothly.

Last edited:

Retired Guy

Marquis
If we did put some sort of fixed ratios in place, it would really change the ability to help younger era players in your guild with some GBs, eg Arc, Traz, AO, etc.. And it would be hard to manage (impossible?) if you had one set of rules\ratios for the open market, and something else for guild members.. What we have works well enough.. as it allows us to help each other how we choose. If you're just out to trade goods in the market.. run them down thru the ages.. rather than be able to post a trade eg 100 SAM for 11K of IA goods.. just my .02..

TudorRknRlla

Merchant
My market has 104 pages, but most trades are of Space Age goods, as most of my guildmates and friends are in the latest eras. I'm in Progressive Era and when I look at the market for PE goods... nothing... few unfair trades here and there. I don't have a problem with that, most my goods now come from Event Buildings, but in the early Ages, there is a problem with finding trades and goods on the market.

I do think we need a few more neighbors, and a mix of the same, +1 & -1 era, not all the same era. The friends limit was raised from 80 to 140, I wouldn't mind if they raise the neighbors limit as well.

Last edited:

joyfulrider

Squire
Many space ages came and still trade concept are used in the market. I would like to have a new tab in the market (like "Vendors"), which directly requests the goods to neighbours/friends/guilds. I don't know what will be wrong in doing this approach.

If I have 10k space goods and my friend asking me 1000 by making the trade request with possibility of below age to meet the trade request in some cases. Why it need to be like this, what if, they have an option without any ratio or age barrier, and just ask like 1000, whoever has it directly accept to give from their storage as simple as that. I will post this as a separate idea with design when I have time.