• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Ninjas/medusas won't hit rogue when in range

• Thread starter DeletedUser7779
  • Start date

DeletedUser7779

This was mentioned several times before, but I just had it happen twice in GE today, so reporting it as a bug.
Medusas and ninjas won't target a rogue, even though it's in range, but kill a real unit at low health instead.
This behavior was noticed by a few people already in OF GE with medusas, but I just had it happen with ninjas as well. I do not know what triggers it, and it doesn't always happen. Seems to be a rapid deployment issue I assume.
What I did (intentionally) was to move my rogue as close to the ninja as possible (was 3-4 squares away) , exactly to ensure that the ninja will hit it on its next turn. To my surprise, the ninja left the rogue untouched and killed one of my turtles.
Please fix!

DeletedUser

This is not technically a bug. While it can appear rogues get targeted first, they have never been 100% prioritized and it has always been possible for the rogue to be bypassed and another unit targeted.
Everything on the battlefield from terrain, enemy units, your own friendly units, etc., can affect which unit may be targeted.
This behavior may be more evident now with some of the newer high age units, but the battle mechanics did not change.

DeletedUser7779

Hmmm, then could you tell us under what circumstances the rogues are not targeted first? I think it's essential to know, so we can adjust the battle tactics ;)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
While not the official answer you crave, i can give a reasonable theory.

As we all know, the AI is entirely oblivious to most special abilities of units - it stands to reason this includes rogues secret identity. As such in its eyes they're a 1 defense unit that the AI believes it can do 10-10 damage against causing it to prioritise it first is my guess. Now if another unit also falls in the same category (say due to a ridiculous +attack bonus from blast on medusas - and an attack unit's blast IS one ability they understand even at their own peril), it's possible it could wind up tied on that criteria and therefore which unit gets targetted first could fall to another criteria of the battle - most predominantly 'what's already injured?' which is why it's always the almost dead ones that seem to get zapped by a medusa while there's still full health rogues to turn, but it could also be what can't retaliate, what can i attack from a position i like better (some units like to be as far forward as possible, some like to attack from max range, some like certain terrain, some even prioritise hanging back so much they don't attack when they could.