• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Next new Great Building

DeletedUser8880

How about a GB that gives defense boost to attackers boost .We have all these building that give attack but still only the 3 gbs that add defense to the mix .Also could give a chance of "surrender bonus /capture bonus ".By this I mean when fighting a battle you have a chance of " gaining" one of the enemies units

DeletedUser8859

By this I mean when fighting a battle you have a chance of " gaining" one of the enemies units
Capture Bonus: Abuse prone change. There is a potential abuse to use this to provide higher eras units to another player which now highly controlled since it is only possible through a few quests. Using the quests you may get one or two units, not more. Abuse islike this:
  1. Player A, a higher era player, agree with a neighbor (Player B) of two eras below, to have him/her donate x amount of FPs to a GB.
  2. Then, Player A change his/her defense army to be just 1 unit, and informs Player B.
  3. Player B attacks with eight (8) units and defeats Player A's defense of just 1 unit gaining one unit of that type.
  4. Player A restores his/her full defense army.
Surrender bonus:
Similar to above, just now Player A is the one who attacks, and surrender immediately to pass the high era unit to Player B.
Repeat during a week (both players attacking each other as explained above) and Player B have now a up to 14 high eras units, two Eras above the tech at his/her city. Which is impossible to achieve with currents quests.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8859

How about a GB that gives defense boost to attackers boost .

Leveling up that GB will raise attacker's defense bonus only? Why not invest those FPs in another level of the Castle Del Monte and gain both attack and defense bonus, plus more FPs? Not sure which will be the second reward from the GB would be, but more FPs from CDM are welcome.

DeletedUser8880

Hadnt thought about the capture abuse will admit
As for CdM the boost gets silly after a while .With Sakuras, Speakers corner ,Checker sq ,Nap arch etc its throwing the defence part of the attack way down in the likes of GE and since the new units have come out its making GE out of balance somewhat

shad2389

Viceroy
how that can work is 1 expansion every level till level 9 then 2 expansions at level 10. After that it can be 1 expansion every 10 levels.

Maybe they can release a GB that allows players to have a chance at getting Forge Points for every player they aid. Higher levels will not only increase the chance of getting FPs but also the amount of FPs gained from each AID. The passive bonus could be defence that works like deal castle and st basils.
+1

DeletedUser7207

I have an idea, for a GB bonus:

- Help increase the bonuses awarded by other GB.

DeletedUser8859

I have an idea, for a GB bonus:
- Help increase the bonuses awarded by other GB.

How would that work?
  • The GB would need to "know" which other GBs are present on the city / which bonus are present to be boosted.
  • How a bonus would be "selected" by the GB for increase? Randomly each time it is collected?
  • Does the current level of the other GB has an impact on the selection method?
  • If a GB that has two rewards would be "helped" by the new GB... do both rewards are increased? or only the active one?
  • Can the city owner influence in any way this GB to increase the CDM bonus(es) instead of HS? Arc instead of Alcatraz?

DeletedUser7207

Darrth Eugene Vader said:
How would that work?
  • The GB would need to "know" which other GBs are present on the city / which bonus are present to be boosted.
I had not thought about that, but I suppose for practical reasons, the GB should be built that you're going to use the new GB.

• Can the city owner influence in any way this GB to increase the CDM bonus(es) instead of HS? Arc instead of Alcatraz?
  • How a bonus would be "selected" by the GB for increase? Randomly each time it is collected?
Well, actually, I can not think of many details, but initially I thought that each player could choose a different GB in level 10, level 25 and level 50, thus improving the percentages in the chosen GB, according to the need, but I really I think it could be complicated. Then, it occurred to me that the player could choose one of the GB that he had in the city to apply the bonus, I think it would also be interesting because it would help the strategy that everyone has in the game.

• Does the current level of the other GB has an impact on the selection method?
The bonus would be permanent per level of new GB, to help increase the percentage of the selected GB.

• If a GB that has two rewards would be "helped" by the new GB... do both rewards are increased? or only the active one?
The new GB would help raise the rewards and percentages of the other GB with per level.

DeletedUser8859

That GB would need a different "GB screen" where the game would list the bonuses list from other GBs at the city with a checkbox for the City Owner to select which one to be "helped". (List to include GB name + bonuses, not the same to boost FPs produced at CDM by 5% vs FPs produced at Cape Canaveral by 5%). Not just the screen that informs the rewards at current level and the rewards at the next level. Also needs a rule about when the selection could be changed.
  • at any time before collect?
  • once selected, it would be permanent until next level?
  • change allowed only after n levels? n=3? n=5?

DeletedUser8859

and when that added help from your new GB is applied to a high level arc which we all know to be overpowered anyway the rewards from it become ludicrous
The new GB would serve as another level or two of the already high level Arc. Is an Arc Level 80 much different than an Arc level 82?

SirSmithy

Squire
The new GB would serve as another level or two of the already high level Arc. Is an Arc Level 80 much different than an Arc level 82?

How many % boost do you want to give on a level 80 GB? If you consider Arc, then even 10% is a big boost. With my current Arc on the live, I would reach easily 100% Arc bonus.
And... 10% is in some cases too low...

Or from the other view, who would level a GB to 80, just to have 10% bonus to his/her GBs?

DeletedUser8859

I would think that this new GB would start giving a 2% or 3% boost to the GB selected for "helping". Then, the new GB would increase the % boost by level or every 2 levels up to level 10 similar to other GBs giving a % related rewards. After Level 10, the increase would be smaller. How much to increase at each level is up to the developers to decide.

So, as example, the impact of this new GB at level 1 or 2 giving 2% boost to a Level 80 Arc (90.1% Contribution) will be : 0.02 * 90.1 = 0.01802, that is increasing the 90.1% to 91.9%.
According to the wiki page, an Arc with 91.9% is at level 98 or 99, so a little help of 2% would represent 18 levels for an Arc at level 80. O.O !!!

Raising 18 levels of an Arc from 80 to 98 would need XX,XXX FPs, surely not that many to get the new GB to level 2. So a great FP saving to have the same effect of an Arc level 98.

DeletedUser8859

This is the spoiler section, when I check this part I expect to see rumours of upcoming stuff. Not a discussion of what we wish to be, even if it's interesting. Could we please keep this as a spoiler section ?

The thread started in October 2017 with rumors of a new GB that ended as the Oracle of Delphi. However, the title "Next New Great Building" led to continue discussion on the topic of "new GBs". Maybe Zarok or another Admin could relocate the thread to the "Game Discussion" sub forum.

DeletedUser5070

I would think that this new GB would start giving a 2% or 3% boost to the GB selected for "helping". Then, the new GB would increase the % boost by level or every 2 levels up to level 10 similar to other GBs giving a % related rewards. After Level 10, the increase would be smaller. How much to increase at each level is up to the developers to decide.

So, as example, the impact of this new GB at level 1 or 2 giving 2% boost to a Level 80 Arc (90.1% Contribution) will be : 0.02 * 90.1 = 0.01802, that is increasing the 90.1% to 91.9%.
According to the wiki page, an Arc with 91.9% is at level 98 or 99, so a little help of 2% would represent 18 levels for an Arc at level 80. O.O !!!

Raising 18 levels of an Arc from 80 to 98 would need XX,XXX FPs, surely not that many to get the new GB to level 2. So a great FP saving to have the same effect of an Arc level 98.

+1

DeletedUser7571

How about a new GB that gives the guild crowns? Rewards the guild and not the players,much like an Observatory. Leveling it up would be better than having a bunch of Hall of Fames which take up space,need motivation,plunderable.