• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion New world to move cities

Dessire

Regent
As you know, you can't move your city to another world or to another server.

FoE team can return you deleted items, give you copies of an item, they can create objecs or buildings you didn't have in your city or give those objects back if you delete them by error by sending a support ticket, that means, they have more than one way to move your city to another world.

One of the reasons why they don't want to do it its because the issue with ranking positions for example.

So now I ask you, what do you think about a new world for all servers where players from any server and world can move their cities to that new world? So if you are playing in the french server, you could move your city to that new world in the french server or move your city that new world of another server.

An special world to let thar and let FoE teams proof how actually good could be allow players move their cities. ( by paying x amount of diamonds or one time for free and per e-mail).

I didn't post this in the suggestion section because I prefer read your opinions first.

If everyone could just move over their best city to one specific world created for this express purpose (Not a recommended world for new players, not new general purpose servers, and a 1 time deal, no moving cities back and bringing in another) along with all their friends, it might create an interesting dynamic. Don't think it is worth Inno's time though.

CrashBoom

Legend
good idea

but two condition
- if you regret being in that new world your city must stay there
- players can't start a city in that world. only way to be there is to move a city which must have have been played for at least 6 month
(so it is not spammed with new cities which are then left because the players don't want to continue after a few days)

If everyone could just move over their best city to one specific world created for this express purpose .. it might create an interesting dynamic.
and it creates new dynamic for the old worlds when the best cities/players are gone

EzraYugi

Farmer
what do you think about a new world for all servers where players from any server and world can move their cities to that new world?
Were this an idea, the comments would likely say,
This is DNSL because you cannot propose:

• Extreme changes (new battle system, ...)

• New worlds with other game conditions (double speed, no PvP, etc...)
But, it'd be nice to be able to play across servers.

If everyone could just move over their best city to one specific world created for this express purpose (Not a recommended world for new players, not new general purpose servers, and a 1 time deal, no moving cities back and bringing in another) along with all their friends, it might create an interesting dynamic.

Agree that it will be interesting, I would expect a great majority of cities (85% or more) at the latest eras only (SAAB, SAM, and maybe VF in this case). Not imagine many PME, Colonial, or other era player adventuring to compete in a server like that. Market will be difficult if anyone would be looking for lower eras goods.

Bringing friends? Each friend would have to move his/her city. My BA and Iron Age friends will likely wont want to come with me to a world like that., specially if it is a one time deal like you explained. Some of my friends may be just starting the game and not have a city in any world worthy of this "Best of the Best" world.

Last edited:
Were this an idea, the comments would likely say, This is DNSL because you cannot propose:
  • Extreme changes (new battle system, ...)
  • New worlds with other game conditions (double speed, no PvP, etc...)
But, it'd be nice to be able to play across servers.

I agree, Starting a world with a fully developed SAAB era city, continent map done or almost done, research tree done or almost done, with goods at stock, inventory full of items, coins and supplies well stocked, GBs high in levels, etc. is an extreme change vs starting a city in Stone Age without barracks, supplies buildings, no GBs yet, low in coins and supplies, no medals, no provinces conquered, no research tech unlocked, etc..
(I suppose that when the developed city is moved, the Research Tree status, Continent Map status, and resources obtained (coins, supplies, diamonds, medals, inventory, goods stock, tavern silver, etc..) are moved with it.)

Also, the world would have the new game condition to accepting the transference of new cities instead of having the same starting Stone Age city for each player.

One of the reasons why they don't want to do it its because the issue with ranking positions for example.

Which issue? A top player in a world may fall to position 24 since 23 players from other worlds have more points than him/her. Ranking points are calculated using the same formula. I think the point of this world is exactly this: Prove that you are the top player, prove that you can conquer the top position here that you had in that original world.

Last edited:
What happens to the original city at the current world?
  • It is removed from the original world after the move. Player does not longer exists in that world. If want to continue playing there would need to re-start at Stone Age.
  • The city stays as it is at the original world, the player can continue playing there as usual. The "move" is really a "copy" of the selected city to start at the new special world. After the copy, both cities continue development independently of each other.
I think most players would prefer a "copy" instead of a "move". The best city is likely at your Main world, where you have played for longer time, where you are at a stable guild, and maybe you are a Leader or Founder there. Who will like to abandon that world, cut ties with long time guildmates and friends there to try an experiment to determine who is then best of the best?

Start at that new special world with a copy of your best city, while at the same time being able to continue at the original world contributing to the guild there would be more acceptable to players.

What happens to the original city at the current world?
  • It is removed from the original world after the move. Player does not longer exists in that world. If want to continue playing there would need to re-start at Stone Age.
  • The city stays as it is at the original world, the player can continue playing there as usual. The "move" is really a "copy" of the selected city to start at the new special world. After the copy, both cities continue development independently of each other.
I think most players would prefer a "copy" instead of a "move". The best city is likely at your Main world, where you have played for longer time, where you are at a stable guild, and maybe you are a Leader or Founder there. Who will like to abandon that world, cut ties with long time guildmates and friends there to try an experiment to determine who is then best of the best?

Start at that new special world with a copy of your best city, while at the same time being able to continue at the original world contributing to the guild there would be more acceptable to players.
Unfortunately we'll never see this happen, but it is a good what if exercise!

I could see whole (the majority of) higher end guilds moving as a group. The idea of not being able to start a city there, only move/copy one over is a good way of keeping those out who aren't ready.

As to only top era players moving there? I suspect that you'd still get a mix of all eras since you would likely be able to grow a city quickly there, and lower era cities might find a great market for their goods. There would likely be less lower age cities than normal worlds, but I think there would still be quite a few. Plus, this world would be extremely active, which would help less advanced cities more than top end ones.

The biggest issue with copying vs. moving is one of time. Does anyone have enough time to maintain two top tier cities at full throttle anymore? Personally, I've moved almost all my secondary cities over to diamond farms since I don't have time to play more than one with full attention anymore with all the recent added content.

How about this as an idea: You can copy over your city, but 1(?) month of inactivity and the copy gets deleted. Diamonds don't transfer from your other worlds, and would have to be purchased for exclusive use there or earned there. Diamonds purchased with cash from expired cities would remain available if a new city is copied over, but not earned ones. You could always recopy your regular world back, but anything done prior to deletion would be lost. This would also be a way for people to change what city they want on this world, since they could stop activity for a month, then copy a different one over. That time delay would mitigate people just rotating cities.

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
I am sorry, but it's a hard pass. Suppose someone who has a well-played city wanted to move into a new world/server where the top person is a lesser age city. It's pretty much a disadvantage to other players as said person would rank #1 in towers and other PVP based features as well as endlessly attacking and plundering his/her neighbors each day without them having a way to fight back until they get up to his/her position.

I am sorry, but it's a hard pass. Suppose someone who has a well-played city wanted to move into a new world/server where the top person is a lesser age city. It's pretty much a disadvantage to other players as said person would rank #1 in towers and other PVP based features as well as endlessly attacking and plundering his/her neighbors each day without them having a way to fight back until they get up to his/her position.
The idea was for a special city that was separate from all others, not people being able to move their city into whichever world they want. Moving or copying into that special world would be a choice, not requirement, and everyone there would be there because they made the explicit choice to be there.

I could see whole (the majority of) higher end guilds moving as a group. The idea of not being able to start a city there, only move/copy one over is a good way of keeping those out who aren't ready.
But then, it will destroy an established guild in a live world, moving the best players to this special world leaving behind those "who aren't ready" (maybe some of these guildmates have their best city in a world B or C). And why the guild was deprived of their best fighters/players? Because the Founder wanted to prove he/she is the best of the best, and dragged along some of the best players in the guild to that special world too? Destroy a team to pursuit a personal achievement.

But then, it will destroy an established guild in a live world, moving the best players to this special world leaving behind those "who aren't ready" (maybe some of these guildmates have their best city in a world B or C). And why the guild was deprived of their best fighters/players? Because the Founder wanted to prove he/she is the best of the best, and dragged along some of the best players in the guild to that special world too? Destroy a team to pursuit a personal achievement.
If it was copying, not moving, then the original cities wouldn't be affected outside of a player's ability to spend time there.