• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler New Tutorials - Egypt cowboy

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@Emberguard rip Kartuga and Lagoonia. The first definitely suffered from complex controls, frustratingly hard to get daily login rewards and too easy excess to premium functions for free. If those 3 were solved, it could've been one of the most aesthetically appealing browser games up to this point. They surely ain't afraid to cut the losses, as lagoonia has been online for a long time but ultimately was discontinued and closed as it wasn't profitable enough.

Atokirina

Squire
@Emberguard rip Kartuga and Lagoonia. The first definitely suffered from complex controls, frustratingly hard to get daily login rewards and too easy excess to premium functions for free. If those 3 were solved, it could've been one of the most aesthetically appealing browser games up to this point. They surely ain't afraid to cut the losses, as lagoonia has been online for a long time but ultimately was discontinued and closed as it wasn't profitable enough.
I knew the first one for a short time, didn't know about the 2nd one.

They both looked very promising with a lot of potential, sad we have now ROC, Lost Survivors (don't confuse with Lost Survivor) and Sunrise Village. None of them are appealing me. :(

Is Lagoonia comparable to this?

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
So I can't tell why this is being A/B tested without an announcement, but I don't know if it was supposed to be released yet or not. There's missing province text from some of the new map provinces right at the start, as well as some other weird quirks. The provinces just say "Dummytext - Colonial Age bonus content (not implemented yet)"

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
So I can't tell why this is being A/B tested without an announcement, but I don't know if it was supposed to be released yet or not. There's missing province text from some of the new map provinces right at the start, as well as some other weird quirks. The provinces just say "Dummytext - Colonial Age bonus content (not implemented yet)"
That's generally how they've done AB tests in the past. By announcing it they might influence the results, for example by making experienced players create a new account to check it out (like I did). Data gathered from that won't be the same as from a new player, which I assume is their goal with the new tutorial.

Dessire

Regent
kartuga for mobile and the west too please! :/ kartuga specially could be a good game for cellphones u.u

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@Dessire let's hope they'll give it a shot with their "newly" invented P2W features from forge. To making them last longer and keeping their mistakes in mind.

ADSL

Squire
Not sure if it's a part of this update or something else, but a new info text has been added that suggests unlocking of events will be moved to Iron Age:

Code:
"FSR|Research 'Roof Tile Houses' to unlock events!"

You get this if you are a part of the A/B test "foe_abtest_first_session_22". So sounds like it's connected to a revamped tutorial / start of game.

eMtODQz.png
Some players on live servers have noticed the transfer of special events to the first Iron Age technology.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Yeah the new tutorial has been tested on live servers for a few weeks now. Not sure if it's only new accounts or if some old accounts have it as well, but if you create a new account on a different server there's probably a decent chance you can try it out yourself.

ADSL

Squire
Yeah the new tutorial has been tested on live servers for a few weeks now. Not sure if it's only new accounts or if some old accounts have it as well, but if you create a new account on a different server there's probably a decent chance you can try it out yourself.
I wonder what will happen to those who studied the events, but did not move into the Iron Age? Will the events disappear or remain?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I wonder what will happen to those who studied the events, but did not move into the Iron Age? Will the events disappear or remain?
you mean you unlocked cultivation but did not enter IA yet?
I highly suspect that when the changes go live for everybody, you will have no access to events anymore until you research the respective IA tech

ADSL

Squire
you mean you unlocked cultivation but did not enter IA yet?
I highly suspect that when the changes go live for everybody, you will have no access to events anymore until you research the respective IA tech
The question is very controversial. When the tavern was moved, it did not disappear from those who had already opened it. When they began to demand to open a commercial building or go to the Iron Age to access the market, those who did not do this did not lose access to the market. But when the chat was moved to the latest technology of the Bronze Age, those who had chat before stopped working.