• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected New Strengths/weaknesses for SAJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
I think it's not necessary, but it would switch the game up a bit
Details
For SAJ, maybe make light strong against artillery, artillery strong against ranged, ranged strong against heavy, and heavy strong against light. I also think there should be a separate tab for rogues
Balance
It would switch up GBG strategies a little bit
Abuse Prevention
It does not open up possible exploits
Summary
Since the same combat system has been implemented from FE - SAV (excluding AF), I think it might be time to switch it up again
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I have looked at the forums, and I did not see anyone else have this suggestion
I feel like, since a new combat system has not been released in a while, we should change the strengths/weaknesses of the units. Currently, the same combat system goes from FE to SAV, excluding AF. And from PE-TE, there was a slight change in the system mid way. I wonder if we could do that with SAJ, since we're (technically) going in the outer Solar System ages

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

CrashBoom

Legend
what does that change ?

there is always one unit which is better than all other and then only that is used

in SAV use 8 fast units
in SAAB 8 ranged

so how would your idea change GBG strategies ?
players will use the one best unit of SAJ for everything

What about Fast units? No good against any other?
In general Fast units are good against Artillery, or at least are quick to reach and attack them. Now, if Light becomes Strong vs Artillery and at the same time keep Fast relatively good against Artillery would that be still balanced?

Last edited:
" I also think there should be a separate tab for rogues "
That would be a separate idea, but one that has been suggested before many times, here or at other FOE forums.

I feel like, since a new combat system has not been released in a while, we should change the strengths/weaknesses of the units. Currently, the same combat system goes from FE to SAV, excluding AF. And from PE-TE, there was a slight change in the system mid way. I wonder if we could do that with SAJ, since we're (technically) going in the outer Solar System ages

Here's what I was thinking: (I did not make it clear sorry)
Light>Fast, Art.
Fast>Art. Ranged
Art.>Ranged, Heavy
Ranged>Heavy, Light
Heavy>Light, Fast

What about Fast units? No good against any other?
In general Fast units are good against Artillery, or at least are quick to reach and attack them. Now, if Light becomes Strong vs Artillery and at the same time keep Fast relatively good against Artillery would that be still balanced?

Sorry that I didn't make it clear, but fast will still be strong against artillery, along with light

Status
Not open for further replies.