• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler New Settlement?? Mughal Empire

Does someone have a good feel for the timeline?
I somehow remember that these settlements are releases roughly every 6 months?!
The Aztecs were releases when... beginning of the year?

The Lady Ann

Baronet
I remember a developer in an interview a few years ago saying once the artwork is finalised it takes 6-10 weeks to build and load all the functions so I am thinking end July soonest

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
outpost_cultural_mughals_info_screen_new_1.jpg
outpost_selection_0.png
Looking back at this I can see now the icon for the chain ability. It might suggest that in this
settlement some cultural buildings are benefitting from the chain ability. Something not
seen in cultural settlements before...

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Some more information on the buildings:

1. Rice Paddy 4x3
B_SS_Mughals_CulturalGoodsProduction1.png

2. Saree Weaver 3x3
B_SS_Mughals_CulturalGoodsProduction2.png

3. Spice Trader 4x3
B_SS_Mughals_CulturalGoodsProduction3.png

4. Lotus Flowers Farm 3x5
B_SS_Mughals_CulturalGoodsProduction4.png

1. 2x3
J_SS_Mughals_Diplomacy1.png
J_SS_Mughals_Diplomacy1b.png

2. 3x2
J_SS_Mughals_Diplomacy2.png
J_SS_Mughals_Diplomacy2b.png

3. Chhatri 2x2
J_SS_Mughals_Diplomacy3.png
J_SS_Mughals_Diplomacy3b.png

4. Baldachin 3x3
J_SS_Mughals_Diplomacy4.png

5. Charbagh 5x3
J_SS_Mughals_Diplomacy5.png

1. 2x2
R_SS_Mughals_Residential1.png
R_SS_Mughals_Residential1b.png
R_SS_Mughals_Residential1c.png

2. 3x3
R_SS_Mughals_Residential2.png
R_SS_Mughals_Residential2b.png

3. 4x3
R_SS_Mughals_Residential3.png

Legendary Kata

Merchant
Some more information on the buildings:

1. Rice Paddy 4x3
B_SS_Mughals_CulturalGoodsProduction1.png

2. Saree Weaver 3x3
B_SS_Mughals_CulturalGoodsProduction2.png

3. Spice Trader 4x3
B_SS_Mughals_CulturalGoodsProduction3.png

4. Lotus Flowers Farm 3x5
B_SS_Mughals_CulturalGoodsProduction4.png

1. 2x3
J_SS_Mughals_Diplomacy1.png
J_SS_Mughals_Diplomacy1b.png

2. 3x2
J_SS_Mughals_Diplomacy2.png
J_SS_Mughals_Diplomacy2b.png

3. Chhatri 2x2
J_SS_Mughals_Diplomacy3.png
J_SS_Mughals_Diplomacy3b.png

4. Baldachin 3x3
J_SS_Mughals_Diplomacy4.png

5. Charbagh 5x3
J_SS_Mughals_Diplomacy5.png

1. 2x2
R_SS_Mughals_Residential1.png
R_SS_Mughals_Residential1b.png
R_SS_Mughals_Residential1c.png

2. 3x3
R_SS_Mughals_Residential2.png
R_SS_Mughals_Residential2b.png

3. 4x3
R_SS_Mughals_Residential3.png
I have to be honest... these shaders to these buildings make them look really cool have to hand this to Inno the graphics are FIRE in this one.

Havik79

Baronet
Hmm, 10 days left in the event, 30 days till new one, wonder if they will finely release this after announcing it months ago.

Went thru most of the literature on Mughal empire, but little information on the linked diplomacy buildings.

My enquiries:
1) Linked building as in DIRECT PHYSICAL connected to Embassy's four EDGES?
2) When are the addon Daily Bonus given out? Daily as in daily counter reset?

ES075GQ.jpg

Above is 4 linked Water canals or 8? or None, since it is not placed on a framed rectangle?
(A: NONE, I found it the hard way after revamp my layout.)

3) What if I got both Water Canals and Alleys? Combo Daily Bonus?

If I could make such mistakes, many others will do similar, please ensure this restrictive play/limitation is made known CLEARLY.

Last edited:
Went thru most of the literature on Mughal empire, but little information on the linked diplomacy buildings.

My enquiries:

ES075GQ.jpg

Above is 4 linked Water canals or 8? or None, since it is not placed on a framed rectangle?

If I could make such mistakes, many others will do similar, please ensure this restrictive play/limitation is made known CLEARLY.
I thought it had to be in the designated area on the embassy.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet

My enquiries:

ES075GQ.jpg

(A: NONE, I found it the hard way after revamp my layout.)

Then you must not have read the official announcement, which should always be read first. https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/cultural-settlements-mughal-empire.14771/
Because it literally says in no unclear way that Water Canals should be connected to the side entrances and Alleys to the front stairs of the Embassy. And they give extra diplomacy as a Chain Bonus if built correctly. Not a daily bonus.

Also written in the announcement the other diplomacy buildings gives a Set Bonus of some daily extra cultural goods if adjacent to the Embassy (as in anywhere in direct physical contact). The daily bonus gets a bit higher for each unique set building adjacent to the embassy. The daily bonus is collected when you harvest your Embassy.

These basic mechanics is exactly how it works with Chains and Sets in the main city.

Last edited:
Then you must not have read the official announcement, which should always be read first. https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/cultural-settlements-mughal-empire.14771/
Because it literally says in no unclear way that Water Canals should be connected to the side entrances and Alleys to the front stairs of the Embassy. And they give extra diplomacy as a Chain Bonus if built correctly. Not a daily bonus.

Also written in the announcement the other diplomacy buildings gives a Set Bonus of some daily extra cultural goods if adjacent to the Embassy (as in anywhere in direct physical contact). The daily bonus gets a bit higher for each unique set building adjacent to the embassy. The daily bonus is collected when you harvest your Embassy.

These basic mechanics is exactly how it works with Chains and Sets in the main city.
I don't blame him because they used the same chained building icon for both sets and they have two chain building mechanics for different buildings which aint KISS design. (keep it simple, stupid!)