• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler New Settlement?? Mughal Empire

Forge of Empires Spain just posted this in their facebook page. Does anyone have any info of this???

Facebook link

¡El Magnífico Imperio Mughal está de camino a Forge! ¡Permaneced atentos para obtener más detalles sobre el último asentamiento cultural!

zxc8wC.jpg

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
A friend got a mail a few weeks ago about it as well, but as far as I can tell nothing has been added to the game yet. The timing would fit quite well, people are getting close to completing or have already completed the Aztecs, so the next settlement in a month or two would be nice :)

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
"The Grand Mughal Empire is on its way to Forge! Stay tuned for more details on the latest cultural settlement!"
Is the translation.

The building looks absolutely gorgeous! Curious to find out more.

Dessire

Regent
I am tired. . I am tired of settlemente.. 1 round more and I will finish the aztec settlement ( the other 3 already completed ) and . . .I am tired. . The fact that you need in each settlement be online every 1 hour for 10 to 13 hours per day, producing coins every hour just to finish on time to get the 15 parts is so horrible. . .the only one wherte I had a little bit of rest about that was with egypt settlement because in there you are ok if you connect every 4 hours. . .but with the other 3. .. if you do not connect every 1 hour for 10 to 13 hours per day every day, you can't finish a single settlement on time :/

aim83

Merchant
The fact that you need in each settlement be online every 1 hour for 10 to 13 hours
No, you don't. If you do, then you are quite ineffective and bad at planning things ahead.
Vikings - every 8h is enough.
Japanese - every 8h is more than enough.
Egyptians - every 8h is more than enough, you can even skip a day or two and still be ok.
Aztecs - every 4h is enough.
All of the above is only required when you aim for best time reward.

Last edited:
No, you don't. If you do, then you are quite ineffective and bad at planning things ahead.
Egyptians - every 8h is more than enough, you can even skip a day or two and still be ok.

I agree, more or less. Most settlements I run 8 + 4 + 8 hours, plus the odd 1 hour for coins every now and then. Aztecs are a bit more demanding in the beginning, I run 1 hour productions of cacao beans for the first day or two, after that 4 + 4 + 4 + 8 or even 8 + 4 + 8 is enough. But you have to build and tear down, build and tear down in order to succeed with a settlement. If you keep your "happiness" between the town hall advances you waste a lot of real estate on decorations instead of coin producing buildings.

Dessire

Regent
.-. Have you read what I posted? . . .I clearly said "to earn the 15 parts from each round of each settlement". yeah, you don't need to do that if you do not want to receive those parts, but if you want it . .obviously you must produce coins every 1 hour, and doing that every day for months! in each settlement! (Excepting egypt) is so overwhelming! it's something really sick!

aim83

Merchant
.-. Have you read what I posted? . . .I clearly said "to earn the 15 parts from each round of each settlement". yeah, you don't need to do that if you do not want to receive those parts, but if you want it . .obviously you must produce coins every 1 hour, and doing that every day for months! in each settlement! (Excepting egypt) is so overwhelming! it's something really sick!
Have YOU read what i posted? What I said above, is that you ONLY needed 4h and 8h cycles EVEN if you're aiming for best time reward. If you want to meet the deadline, you need to produce the cycles that I indicated. I never use 1 hour production in any of my settlements on an ongoing basis, only sometimes, occasionally, to align production of newly build structures.

P.S. Completed Vikings 15/15, Japanese 14/14, Aztecs 13/13 with best time rewards altogether.

Emberguard

Emperor
I am tired. . I am tired of settlemente.. 1 round more and I will finish the aztec settlement ( the other 3 already completed ) and . . .I am tired. . The fact that you need in each settlement be online every 1 hour for 10 to 13 hours per day, producing coins every hour just to finish on time to get the 15 parts is so horrible. . .the only one wherte I had a little bit of rest about that was with egypt settlement because in there you are ok if you connect every 4 hours. . .but with the other 3. .. if you do not connect every 1 hour for 10 to 13 hours per day every day, you can't finish a single settlement on time :/
Either your city layout skills need improving on your settlements, or whatever strategy you're using needs improving. There's no need to do any of the settlements on a 1 hr timer 10-13 times a day for a Gold time reward. It should only be necessary to be doing 1 hr log ins when tearing things down and rebuilding or to correct a mistake. Which means you should only have to do that once or twice per day at most

Egypt the first time I did it I had about half the time remaining on the timer for Gold. Only used 4-8 hr timers. It's arguably the easiest settlement there is. But you do need to know how to manually fight using either all ranged or all artillery units. Put down two unit buildings only. Unlock all slots. If you're not getting enough units then you can place a third building but ideally you want to stick with two and fight all three battles daily if possible (abort the battles that are impossible for ranged/artillery to beat. There should only be one or two combinations you'll be aborting). Once you unlock the 2x3 housing (or was it 3x2?) you can rely solely on your housing for Deban. Tear down all your Deban production and use your residentials for Deban. If you're using productions for Deban you're doubling your required realestate which for Egypt is unnecessary when the housing overproduces Deban already.

Using this strategy, if you can effectively arrange your city layout you'll be running out of loot faster then you can produce goods because you'll be able to place too many goods buildings and still have excess land. For removing impediments I like to remove from the inside sections first and leave the ones on the outermost sections unless it's in a particularly bad spot or I have a specific plan.

For Vikings you can get away with 4-8 hr productions for Gold. You don't have to do 1 hr productions at all. You might as well do them when rebuilding stuff that happen to have 1 hr build times if you still have production buildings, but you don't have to do 1 hr productions. Vikings have very little leeway for making mistakes, but that just makes city layout and strategy in how you go about unlocking technologies all the more important.

But you have to build and tear down, build and tear down in order to succeed with a settlement. If you keep your "happiness" between the town hall advances you waste a lot of real estate on decorations instead of coin producing buildings.
^ this. You need to do your technology unlocks in groups. Look ahead at what goods you need. Build and tear down based on the next 2-3 technologies (adjust the amount based on the needs of that run). Don't try to produce all of one good at once, it'll take much longer if you do as then you'll be delaying your unlocking of the technologies that speed up your placing down of more expansions or better housing

Japan and Aztecs I haven't tried to get Gold for, but I hear Japan is fairly easy if you're utilzing the market frequently

Dessire

Regent
it seems like 2 players of here don't really know how to do settlements, and don't know how to build an excelent layout. I already see both players building roads to connect everything, not only houses but decorations too XD

Also, I think that both players do not know that in order to have more chance to get the X4, you need to produce goods every 4 hours instead of every 8 hours and in order to produce goods every 4 hours, you need to produce more coins than the cost of production of those goods every 4 hours. so if you have 3 buildings producing goods every 4 hours, that means 3000 coins, and for example, with aztecs, to get 3000 coins in 4 hours you need at least 8 2x2 shrines producing cacao every 1 hour to get 3200! enough to keep those good buildings producing. if you produce cacao every 4 hours, you can't keep those 3 good buildings producing goods every 4 hours! and even if you have 3 buildings, you can't finish on time with 3! you need atleast 4 as soon as possible! and have all houses without a road connection. pls!

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
If you‘re the only one that knows how to play settlements or build a layout, how come you’re the only one that needs 1 hr coin productions to finish in gold for all the settlements? Maybe Aztecs is harder. Ok I haven’t done Aztecs. But if you can’t do the other settlements without 1 hr productions then what chance do you have of doing it in Aztecs without 1 hr if it’s harder? You should at the very least be able to finish Vikings, Japan and Egypt without ever touching 1 hr producers

I know about disconnecting housing. I’ve done that for Vikings and Japan. For Egypt you’d be doubling up on what you already had if you do that because you need the same amount of roads regardless of if it's used on housing or coin producers and the housing produces more then enough on its own. Which means instead of 2x3 your coin producers are 2x6 (4x3) on something that already produced enough at 2x3.

I know about x4 and doing 4 hr productions. It’s a moot point as doing 8 hr productions give you double the goods if x4 occurs. Nothing wrong with doing 4 hr productions instead if you prefer to have more chances at a lower payout, but that also means you need twice as many x4’s to break even on what a 8 hr goods production provides

Edit: Just finished a settlement. Tell you what, I'll try Aztecs next and see how I do without 1 hr productions
Edit: Whoops. Forgot about roads costing resources xD Well this'll be a interesting run. Butchered the start this time round, will have to keep that in mind for future runs

Last edited:

darthronin

Farmer
i hate fighting , thats why i haven't done even a single egypt
You made the right choice.
I gave it a try and after 2 rounds i almost quit playing FoE entirely because that sh!t pretty much forced me to be active all day with manual fighting and training units for the next fights.
Didn't touch any settlements for 4 months and now i just started again, but i'm not touching that Egyptian stuff again.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I gave it a try and after 2 rounds i almost quit playing FoE entirely because that sh!t pretty much forced me to be active all day with manual fighting and training units for the next fights.
Didn't touch any settlements for 4 months and now i just started again, but i'm not touching that Egyptian stuff again.
Give it another go, after you understand the settlement it's one of the least time consuming ones, you don't need to run any deben producing buildings, so only need to focus on goods and units :)

Emberguard

Emperor
If you ever try Egypt again, and if manual fighting takes too long you could always see if you can figure out which combinations suit autobattle for 8 artillery or 8 ranged. You won’t get certain fights completed using Auto that would have been doable on Manual, but it’d reduce your time fighting if you really don’t want to Manual fight