• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: New Quests are not fully loading after completing a quest [47270]

DeletedUser7046

While going through and completing recurring quests the new quest will appear at the bottom of the quest list. 80% of the time the quest does not fully load and only shows to approximately the bottom of the Random Rewards tab. Clicking on the scroll bar will take you to the bottom of the quest so that you can choose to keep or abort the quest.

1.123.ec1328ff79 (16.03.2018 8:23), Anything Available (115722), zz1, en_US, WIN 29,0,0,113, Windows 10, Firefox/59.0, 1600x786, DirectX11 (Baseline Extended) (336 MB VRAM)

I have not noticed this in any of the main worlds, and I have been offline in Beta for a while (since the Carnival quest began on the main worlds) so I'm not sure when this started.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Do you mean a new quest doesn't fully load or that you cannot view it fully unless you scroll down?

If it is the latter, than it is normal behaviour. The new Quest Overview was introduced here.

DeletedUser8880

The bottom Quest sometimes locks up when cycling through them but only for a second or 2

DeletedUser8277

This is a recent issue I have noticed as well along with the slowing of the abort button. The screen no longer (at least a high percentage of the time) scrolls to the bottom on it's own and instead ends up in the middle or top of the bottom quest.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
@ bumbleweed and Manda the first:
could you give us your system info - specifically OS and browsertype + versions - and also if applicable whether you experience this on flash or HTML5 or both?

DeletedUser8277

I'm playing HTML 5 on Chrome Version 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Mac.

DeletedUser7046

Do you mean a new quest doesn't fully load or that you cannot view it fully unless you scroll down?

If it is the latter, than it is normal behaviour. The new Quest Overview was introduced here.

It is the latter. The change has not been the quest overview (which we have had for a while) but rather the starting viewing position of the most recent quest being given after a quest was completed. The new quest had started fully in-screen allowing the user to either keep or abort immediately. Now the starting postion of the new quest is half inscreen requiring the user to scroll down in order to abort/complete the quest.

Old method - 2 step process - (1) complete a quest, new quest loads and (2) the user keeps, completes or aborts immediately.
Newest method - 3 step process - (1)complete a quest, new quest loads, (2) the user scrolls down, (3) the user keeps, completes or aborts immediately.

I have noticed the delay mentioned by a previous user on this thread regarding a delay on loading a new quest sporatically as well, but I have had other issues with running FIrefox/Flash slowing and crashing my laptop so I have no idea if that is from the game or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The devs are looking in to the current behavior, though at this time it may not technically be a bug. When I know more I will let you know.
Thanks all :)

DeletedUser8277

The slow animation, abort button delay and this not scrolling issue all just got brought to the live game :(

I get things being wonky here in beta but people reported all the bugs going on with the quest windows so they wouldn't make it over to live. I don't get why they would release an update with known problems.