• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler New premium Feature - FoE Plus!

6zeva9

Baronet
You are locked from attacking other players until IA.
You cant participate in events or add friends until halfway through BA.
You cant join a guild or open your tavern until the end of BA.
You cant build GB's, do daily quests, or do GVG until IA.
You cant start any settlments or try out reconstruction mode until the end of IA.
You cant do the antiques dealer or pvp game until EMA.
You cant do aztecs settlement until CA.
You cant get special resources/unlock the harbor until AF.

Very silly "assumptions" aka facts indeed.
Actually you can build your own GBs in BA(Delphi, Zeus, Babel and Observatory), what you cannot do is contribute to other players GBs
You can also get blueprints for other GBs if the person you are motivating or polishing is of a higher Age.

Julian24

Viceroy
You cant start any settlments or try out reconstruction mode until the end of IA.

And most of them are unlocked within a couple of days.
And if you take the harbours in here:
  • You can't get to other planets until SAM.
  • You can't have hover tanks until future era.
  • You can't have Nailstorms until SAAB.
  • You can't defeat SAAB Units until reaching a higher era.
  • You can't get a building from OF until reaching OF.
You could do this with almost everything. But is is fact, that all "needed" features are activated very early in the game.

Gindi4711

Steward
Having too many features unlocked at once would be too much. Better introduce once at a time. I would count the progress until end of iron age as tutorial.

Also having certain features available only after a few days helps a lot in preventing bots to create burner accounts to join guilds or message other players. Also very new players in their first hours are prevented from sending join requests to guilds. Many players quit in the first few hours of the game and it is a good strategy to try to keep these players away from guilds.

Inno doesn't like people who sit on the pot, they heavily restrict what IA players can do in the game!

This doesn't affect IA campers unless they make the choice not to unlock PvP.

This doesn't affect anyone in IA.

This doesn't affect anyone in IA.

As stated above, not completely true, but in any case doesn't affect IA campers, except those that choose not to unlock PvP.

This doesn't affect IA campers unless they choose not to unlock that technology.

Do campers in IA care that they can't access the AD? I certainly didn't in my main while camped there, and don't in my side cities still there. Not like you have room for too much junk anyways, and while camped you are building up a huge pile of stuff to trade later on. Doesn't really affect any aspect of day to day gameplay.

Does anyone in ages prior to CA really care about the Aztec settlement? When new settlements come out, will anyone in earlier ages really care that they can't access them? A few might, but most campers or earlier era players will simply be missing out on a couple of optional buildings, that while nice to have aren't in any way critical to gameplay.

And why would anyone in Future or below give one iota about the harbors? They don't affect anything at all related to gameplay in those eras, and are just extra make work in AF and up. This is more of a liability than something to encourage campers to age up.

Very lame "facts". Can't you find anything better? Only one close to legitimate would be the AD one.

I could give a list of "facts" that campers in IA can do that people in later eras are missing out on, so does that mean that Inno might actually prefer IA campers over people that "get off the pot" as you so charmingly put it?

Does anyone in ages prior to CA really care about the Aztec settlement? When new settlements come out, will anyone in earlier ages really care that they can't access them? A few might, but most campers or earlier era players will simply be missing out on a couple of optional buildings, that while nice to have aren't in any way critical to gameplay.

I agree, overwhelming new players with many features, might be to tough. Having 3 options of cultural settlements in early game is enough and later introducing the new one should be quite fair. However, with every new feature, which costs time to integrate in once gaming, another feature should be get easier or switched off. This is already considered when you change from marsian to saab, that you cannot continue with building on mars, or that you can´t play several cultural settlements at the same time. Therefore, I am also looking forward to a potential Forge-Plus.

If this is not to expensive, I guess a lot of non-commercial player will contribute. For most players the diamond packages are to insufficient/expensive. But, there is one main problem, and I guess this is the reason, why it is not released yet. Is this Forge-Plus-abo for all your worlds/servers you play or only for one (your main city) active? If for all, then the diamond-mining-cities will get much more attractive, since you might spend even less time on it with collecting etc.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
On some live servers they posted this:
In June (for version 1.209), we plan to perform a community sprint. A sprint, in software development, is a two-week period where our teams of developers work on specific topics, and for that two-week period they will be fully focused on quality of life and improvements to Forge handling. of Empires.
I will not be surprised that they take some ideas to integrate them into FOE Plus.

shad2389

Viceroy
Ok, you can't recruit hover tanks until fe.
but am prity sure you can get some befor FE with a combination of C-map and story quests
Future era is an higher age in my view. You can't defeat them with like ema troops.
normally no but with a realy realy realy high attack % maybe , i'v never tested maybe someone somewhere built up enough their attack % while in ema to be able to beat em i don't know

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Found some images explicitly for a diamond subscription in the shop, so it should probaly be FoE plus
cash_shop_tab_image_diamond_subscription.png

cash_shop_diamond_subscription_0.png
cash_shop_diamond_subscription_1.png
cash_shop_diamond_subscription_2.png

Then this images for the shop which wasn't explicitly for a diamond subscription, even if I guessed so.
cash_shop_icon_diamond_0.png
cash_shop_icon_diamond_1.png
cash_shop_icon_diamond_2.png
bg_diamond_large_1.png
bg_diamond_large_2.png
bg_diamond_large_3.png

bg_royal_banner.png

Last edited:

DarkblueOO6

Merchant
It really would help starting those diamond farms it hurts so much pushing an account on a new sever after being ranked in the top 100 on my primary.