• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

new incident type does not count in quest

XIA*

Marquis
Hi! Today I got the "collect 4 incidents" quest in the new event and when collecting the new incident type (the grey chest), it does not count towards the quest. Only the older type "regular" incidents were counted when collecting. is this intentional or a bug?

trayk

Steward
Don’t quote me, but I don’t think they are actual incidents. They are a reward from the new tavern feature if you use it.

XIA*

Marquis
I didn't find that exlanation anywhere, that they "are not incidents" and the issue has been reported to developers already, so... Looks like they are still incidents ;)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
One of my guild mates is getting ads when he clicks on the chests - no rewards. What's up with that?
he likely is on mobile - he should get the rewards after watching the ad - maybe the reward pop-up is not showing properly for him

Amdira

Baronet
I didn't find that exlanation anywhere, that they "are not incidents" and the issue has been reported to developers already, so... Looks like they are still incidents ;)
There hasn't been any official announcement for all the a/b testing of this ad features (aid all, tavern boost, treasure chests), thus there won't be any explainations up to date. Seems we have to find out by ourselves though :)

Thunderdome

Emperor
11.2 It is prohibited to exploit bugs or faults in the Games' programming and during gameplay that could represent an advantage for you for personal and/or third party purposes.
As it is not a bug (apparently), I wonder if by having the bonus "incident" chests (or any other special feature on an A/B test) on only certain amount of accounts violates this rule.

Considering one may get extra free stuff like units, forge points, goods, and a good amount of supplies from the chests (mobile users have to watch an ad in order to use). This puts the player at an advantage over one that doesn't have this on their account. Had this been given to all accounts on the beta server before releasing to the live servers (as to be an A/B test as well), the only problem remain: browser users having the upper hand than the mobile players because they don't get ads; they get the free stuff, regardless.

I may be wrong in thinking this might violate that rule, but most can understand why I am "on edge".

Balinor

Steward
I may be wrong in thinking this might violate that rule
You are wrong
Its innogames game not ours
They made the rules
They enforce them
They can change them if they want
The rules apply to us not the game
We agreed to their ToS if not we wouldnt be playing THEIR game
but most can understand why I am "on edge".
It sounds to me like classic "chicken little" syndrome
Trust me the sky isnt falling

CrashBoom

Legend
As it is not a bug (apparently), I wonder if by having the bonus "incident" chests (or any other special feature on an A/B test) on only certain amount of accounts violates this rule.

Considering one may get extra free stuff like units, forge points, goods, and a good amount of supplies from the chests (mobile users have to watch an ad in order to use). This puts the player at an advantage over one that doesn't have this on their account. Had this been given to all accounts on the beta server before releasing to the live servers (as to be an A/B test as well), the only problem remain: browser users having the upper hand than the mobile players because they don't get ads; they get the free stuff, regardless.

I may be wrong in thinking this might violate that rule, but most can understand why I am "on edge".

"It is prohibited to exploit bugs or faults"

it is intentionally. so where is the fault of InnoGames :oops:

in other words:
it is allowed to use unfair advantages if InnoGames decides you are one of the lucky people who get it o_O

Thunderdome

Emperor
@CrashBoom, I would love to hear it from the horse's mouth since I had some kind of bad experience in the past with another developer of a game that is no longer in existence. Their ToS says it's legal to create multiple accounts (as I like to create my own team) and then one day I woke up to my accounts banned as a result of creating that I had to ask and the person there told me I can only have 1. While I tried to show that person the ToS, he/she said they didn't care. In the end, I lost the appeal and my characters I had worked hard on to level, participate in events, get their equipment, etc. all because of being "double-crossed".
in other words:
it is allowed to use unfair advantages if InnoGames decides you are one of the lucky people who get it o_O
Hopefully, that will be the words I will be using when I have to appeal for any wrong doing that resulted from their mash-up.