• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented New Guild Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSX MAC

Steward
Wouldn't it be more correct to rank guilds by levels? I assume guild level is the final factor of guild growth. There could be two guilds rankings like players have personal ranking from their activity and medal ranking also.

For example:
1. First ranking according to levels.
2. If levels are the same - next look at prestige and higher prestige will give higher place in ranking.
3. Finally, if prestige is the same - next look at guild members (less members - higher place in ranking as they managed to push guild higher with less people).

Thus guild ranking will show final result of guild and not only GVG changes daily but the ranking will become more stable and less loading servers daily and easier to calculate. So there will be no huge ups and downs daily fluctuation but more stable picture that show what guilds are really on top by their level with less but more active or guild caring people.

PS. I know that some will start arguing about Halls of Fame but the idea was to rank guild by levels as only level is the final effort and final target of all guilds.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

that would be against the goal that HoF don't have an effect on the ranking :rolleyes:
(change in version 1.29)

the ranking should reflect the activity in GvG not the number of HoFs in guild members’ cities (words of InnoGames)

with your change a guild with no GvG activity but many HoF could be number one again
(again because that was possible when HoF counted in the ranking before update 1.29)

PS. I know that some will start arguing about Halls of Fame but the idea was to rank guild by levels as only level is the final effort and final target of all guilds.
then the ranking is not the final effort and final target of all guilds :p

Last edited by a moderator:

OSX MAC

Steward
As I said - there could be 2 rankings like players have. For example medal ranking now is also a number of medals bought during soccer event and not the real medals won from PVP. Other personal ranking now is the result of first wave in PME fighting result also but not PVP/GVG activity and who cares? ))

DeletedUser2752

It's kind of hard not to argue without mentioning this as the only thing that influences guild level is power, and power is gained from the Hall of Fame and sectors owned on the GvG map, so this would eventually put the ranking back to where it was right before the rankings did not include the Hall of Fame as prestige

DeletedUser1264

... But why should GvG be the only thing that determines rank?
Everyone agrees that GvG is an ill-thought-out add-on to the game,
and the HoF looks to me like one of several indications that the devs agree.
All they need to do is add a couple more HoF-like elements to the game
(eg polivation counting toward guild level, GBs that boost guild level,
the ability to use amassed treasury goods to buy guild level-ups)
and ranking by level will be the only thing that makes any sense.

As the OP is saying, separate rankings for GvG could continue
for those players for whom "bragging rights" are important.
Level is still the only thing that actually makes a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.