• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest New GB that donates any type of goods from any age to the guild treasury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
Lack of goods for setting up buildings in GVG is creating frustration. Building activity is visible to everyone and players get outed for depleting the treasury. It also generates conflicts between GBG players and those who prefer GVG. Lack of goods from lower ages also makes it harder for ambitious guilds to take on new, lower age players. In my opinion such decisions should be based on trust, activity and motivation, not age and treasury state.

This is a growing problem. Since players stay shorter in lower ages it will, over time, give guilds where all members are in Arctic Future and upwards, an unfair advantage over guilds that focus on inclusion and player growth.
Details
Ideally the player should be able to specify what type of goods to produce, typically based on current requirements in GBG/GVG.

If this is hard to implement, the system should automatically select goods type based on the current guild inventory, possibly combined with GBG/GVG requirements
Balance
If players can specify the type of goods, this GB will add a new tool for tacticians in both GBG and GVG. Instead of relying solely on long term recruitment and player support strategies, they can now actively engage members to produce specific goods without using space in their cities for production buildings etc.
Abuse Prevention
I don't see any risks for technical abuses, but this will reduce the risk for sabotaging the treasury by setting up GBG buildings/opening GVG sectors.
Summary
I suggest a new GB that donates any type of goods from any age to the guild treasury, either specified by the player or selected automatically, based on current inventories.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes
I suggest a new GB that donates any type of goods from any age to the guild treasury, either specified by the player or selected automatically based on current inventories.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
And why a GB that cancels the cost of building construction in GbG?
With some suggestions, I get the impression that there are about a hundred April 1sts a year.

Sl8yer

Regent
What Not To Suggest?

Please note that any other ideas along the same lines will also be moved to this forum, and not forwarded, so it's in your own best interest not to suggest any ideas similar to these. However, the threads pertaining to these ideas will be kept open in an attempt to foster healthy discussion and debate.

In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:

• Suggestions for new Great Buildings.

If you do not have enough goods to run the type of GvG campaign you wish to then you need to see to the proper organization and training of your guild. You need to get your whole guild on board, not just those who will be fighting in GvG. Every guild members needs to have and be leveling treasury GBs. They also need to put Event buildings in their cities that provide goods to the treasury; As well as the GBG buildings that do the same. And be willing to keep some in each age as they move up so there are still goods from past ages going into the guild treasury. You need to make sure you have recruited members who are in the ages you need the goods for. AGB will not do the work in your guild that you need to do.

Few people, in my opinion, would build a GB that does goods only - past or present. Ground space, cost, availablity of blue prints and so on. (Most just use trades to get the goods they need)
I find most players (Beta and main) only build GBs that help with supply collection %, attack and defence of army and forge points.
Insted of a GB, why not a down grade kit. We have up grade and renovation kits to raise a building's level, so why not a down grade kit. For example: I'm in Tomorrow Era and running low on Iron Age goods. I have a Santa's Workshop, so I use the down grade kit to roll it back to the era of my choice. Yes, it's only 15 goods a day or 450 a month, but I know they'll be there.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
For example: I'm in Tomorrow Era and running low on Iron Age goods.
I thought about 2 minutes before chaining the ages and as I took my time to appreciate each age, I stored 4 tribal places from the Iron Age to the Future to overcome this problem.
FOE should keep a strategy part and not add an option every time a player has not studied each problem well.

CrashBoom

Legend
Insted of a GB, why not a down grade kit. We have up grade and renovation kits to raise a building's level, so why not a down grade kit. For example: I'm in Tomorrow Era and running low on Iron Age goods. I have a Santa's Workshop, so I use the down grade kit to roll it back to the era of my choice. Yes, it's only 15 goods a day or 450 a month, but I know they'll be there.
lol

you can already trade 15 tomorrow against 30 iron age goods and you have 900 goods a month

:D

twice as good as using multiply downgrade kits
and the player who accept it is very happy for such a great trade

Similar suggestions modifying current GBs donating to the Guild Treasury (Arc, Observatory, Attomium) to have the option of selecting the era where the goods will be donated, as selected by user, these suggestions have not been implemented.
Downgrade kits have been suggested before, more often for Champ Retreats, but also for buildings like for this example Santa Workshops. Inno response have been to not implement them.

At starting ages, goods production is basically from goods buildings and GBs like LOA, TOB and St Marks; also from Special or Event buildings coming gradually available. As the Player progress he/she may find more efficient to depend on GBs for goods production to save space requirements of bigger and bigger goods buildings, 2x roads requirements, supplies and population costs. Also Trade Market to get goods not produced at city, or from earlier ages.

Deadpool's suggestion to keep at city/inventory older goods production buildings is a good strategy, however, not all Players realize that early and now can not go back to win an Iron Age Tribal Farm or whatever other building after progressing to higher ages. In this case will need to depend on trading down gradually or as CrashBoom suggest drastically in a very attractive trade for the taker.

Get goods from earlier ages using the Truce Tower and donate them to Treasury as needed.

You may add this suggestion to the Fantasy GB Wish List.

Last edited:
Another way I get previous age goods is through plunder. Not everyone up grades all their building to their present Age/Era. I look round all the buildings that are available first. If (for example) there are 2 trains. in different ages I will chose the one with the goods I need most.

Status
Not open for further replies.