• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest New GB Reward: Goods Production Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8859

Mayor resources in the game are: FPs, Coins, Supplies, Goods, Medals, Diamonds. Also Blueprints can be counted as a resource.

We have:
  • St Marks to boost production of coins.
  • Lighthouse of Alexandria (LOA) to boost production of supplies.
  • Royal Albert Hall (RAH) to boost production of supplies.
Proposal: Add a new GB Reward that will function similar to St Marks' or LOA's / RAH's boosts, that would boost goods production on goods production buildings and special goods buildings set on a cycle that would produce goods.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser8859

Very hard to balance imo

How would you modify the suggestion for balance?
Better if limiting it to just goods production buildings, that is not boosting special buildings that include a goods production cycle?

DeletedUser5097

How would you modify the suggestion for balance?
Better if limiting it to just goods production buildings, that is not boosting special buildings that include a goods production cycle?
Maybe like Vikings having X% chance for doubble output or maybe
the first 1x collection of goods will be increased by 50% (rounded
above). On lvl 10 it's maybe just 3x. Every 15-20 levels above 10 it
may adds a extra collection boosted.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Maybe like Vikings having X% chance for doubble output or maybe
the first 1x collection of goods will be increased by 50% (rounded
above). On lvl 10 it's maybe just 3x. Every 15-20 levels above 10 it
may adds a extra collection boosted.

Sounds familiar... so you want to have a second galaxy essentially?

I think the original proposal was OK. The only problem in comparison to lighthouse or marcus or RAH is that goods often come in really low quantities. So the question is: what happens with low quantities (e.g. 3 goods, bonus 15%)?
- if the effect had a limited number of applications (like light house) - would the effect then not be counted if the amount did not change with the bonus?
- would the amount always get rounded up?

DeletedUser8859

I think the original proposal was OK. The only problem in comparison to lighthouse or marcus or RAH is that goods often come in really low quantities. So the question is: what happens with low quantities (e.g. 3 goods, bonus 15%)?
- if the effect had a limited number of applications (like light house) - would the effect then not be counted if the amount did not change with the bonus?
- would the amount always get rounded up?

I think the bonus should start at 20% at level 1 to be meaningful.
  • A 4 hrs production cycles gives 5 goods, boosted at 20% = 6 goods.
  • A 8 hrs production cycle gives 10, boosted at 20% = 12 goods
  • A 1 day production cycle gives 20 goods, boosted at 20% gives 24 goods.
  • A 2 days production cycle gives 30 goods, boosted at 20% gives 36 goods.
If only 10% is given at level 1 then it would be 5.5 goods for a 4 hrs production cycle and a round up will be needed. It is up to the developers the strategy of scale up the bonus % / number of collections per day by each level, following LOA or St Marks pattern or a new one.

And yes, a round up rule will be required if the goods produced x bonus% ends in a non integer amount, at least 1 good must be rewarded each time a collection boosted by the GB is completed. A reward of 0 goods is not a reward.

DeletedUser8859

Change Happiness at Colosseum or Notre Dame for this?

Dessire

Regent
frontenac... well.. a GE like this would be useless for me, i dont have any good factory. frontenac gives me all the goods, coins and suplies XD
i would preffer something like a GE that let you choose which era goods produce.

DeletedUser8859

frontenac... well.. a GE like this would be useless for me, i dont have any good factory. frontenac gives me all the goods, coins and suplies XD
i would preffer something like a GE that let you choose which era goods produce.

Agreed, not all GBs are useful to all players, it depends on player's strategic, play style, and what else the player have in the city.
However, most players, in most of the ages do have good production buildings.

people with a properly leveled up Chateau Frontenac would not need a GB that boosts goods production... unless it also boosts the goods production from event buildings perhaps, and maybe that of other GB's too :)

Miepie

Baronet
This would be a great bonus in the early era's. But as soon as you build a CF it's much more usefull to level that one and do repeatables for your goods. Bring it to a minimum of lvl 58 and you can get more goods a day than you ever could by filling you're complete city with good buildings. Since most GB's are released with new era's, this would not be a popular GB to build for the players for wich it would be primarly meant. And for those that it might be usefull, it would be too expensive to bring to a reasonable level, much cheaper to level CF

DeletedUser8859

people with a properly leveled up Chateau Frontenac would not need a GB that boosts goods production.

1. What % of players do have a Chatteau Frontenac; and of that group how many got a properly leveled up Chateau Frontenac ?
  2. What % of players do have goods production buildings at their city ?
  3. Which of the above two groups have the bigger %?
As I said before, this GB (and many GBs) would not be useful for the 100% of players, but if you forget your city for a minute and think of the majority of the players you will see that many, (I think more than 50% of all players) will see benefit from this.

"... unless it also boosts the goods production from event buildings perhaps, and maybe that of other GB's too
  1. Boosting event buildings that produce goods is in the original proposal (OP).
  2. St Marks does not boost coins produced by other GBs, LOA & RAH do not boost supplies produced by other GBs, the Arc does not boost FPs or medals produced by other GBs, Chatteau Frontenac does not boosts rewards given by GBs.… GBs boosting other GBs active rewards is not something currently in the game (not that I oppose a change in the future).

DeletedUser8859

This would be a great bonus in the early era's. But as soon as you build a CF it's much more usefull to level that one and do repeatables for your goods. Bring it to a minimum of lvl 58 and you can get more goods a day than you ever could by filling you're complete city with good buildings. Since most GB's are released with new era's, this would not be a popular GB to build for the players for wich it would be primarly meant. And for those that it might be usefull, it would be too expensive to bring to a reasonable level, much cheaper to level CF

Agreed, a GB with this type of reward is not attractive to players in latest eras. But Im proposing a new type of GB Reward, not necessarily an new GB.
This GB reward that could be used at :
  • GBs of low eras (change the Colosseum or Notre Dame to have this reward instead of Happiness?), or
  • at a new No Age GB.
  • And besides, what stops Inno to create a third GB in the Iron Age or at any other era?

DeletedUser8859

I am in the modern era and I no longer have these buildings since the middle of the progressive Era
From Bronce Age to Progressive Era there are 8 ages where a reward like this in a GB would have been useful for you, and for thousands of other players too.

DeletedUser

+1

if all goods from special buildings are also boosted
(Winter Spire, Palace, Ship, Cherry Set, Tholos, ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.