• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler New GB "Galata"?

shadowwarrior

Merchant
Inno please stop -
1st people can have very high city defense
2nd 50% of the event buildings are not plunderable at all.
3rd, There is Aid.
And
4th Tavern city shield
Why the hack people need another level of protection?
Maybe you should just remove the attack button altogether, if you want to stop plundering :mad:

Last edited:

avalonier

Merchant
still placeholder for now

According to the image name, this building is an all-age GB like Oracle or Relics Temple and is either called "Galata" or related to a feature of that name

As the oracle is used as a placeholder, size should be 3x3

Bonus (likely): Plunder Repel
great_building_bonus_plunder_repel.png

now with some painting:

X_SS_AllAge_Galata.png

CrashBoom

Legend
I think I will start plundering again

people need the great feeling that this new GB does what it is build for and repels the plundering

would be terrible if people have it and nobody would try to plunder them

Emberguard

Emperor
I think I will start plundering again

people need the great feeling that this new GB does what it is build for and repels the plundering

would be terrible if people have it and nobody would try to plunder them
haha. Yeah. it’ll be a big “plunder me” sign on their backs

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Ooh! Maybe they are making a fairy tale set of GB :p

Honestly though, I do like the look of it. May end up building it anyway, especially if the collectible bonus is any good.

Inno please stop -

Not at all, Inno please do not stop ... :eek:

1st people can have very high city defense

By losing a lot and I mean really a lot of valuabel space! :(

2nd 50% of the event buildings are not plunderable at all.

So plunder the other 50%, quite a fair situation, I reckon! :p

3rd, There is Aid.

Does not really protect you of being plundered! :confused:

4th Tavern city shield

Cheapest offer, ever! You hardly need any silver and therefore you can protect your city 24/7/365! ;)

Why the hack people need another level of protection?

Just make AI not attacking rogues in the first place and I agree! Otherwise the effort to successfully protect your city is much higher!o_O

Maybe you should just remove the attack button altogether, if you want to stop plundering

But what about the fun of both sides? I really love the green thumbs up icon in the history! My stats: 209% Off / 842% Def! (I know not efficient at all, but fun! :D)

Emberguard

Emperor
Does not really protect you of being plundered! :confused:
Aid literally makes a building plunderproof

So plunder the other 50%, quite a fair situation, I reckon! :p
Under current circumstances we are. That’s the point. This GB may or may not be reducing that figure depending on what exactly “plunder repel” entails

By losing a lot and I mean really a lot of valuabel space! :(
So? If the defences aren’t worth it then how much does plundering really take?

Aid literally makes a building plunderproof

Aid of a certain building does, I was more reffering to the saying: Just aid you neighbours and they won't plunder you any more!

Under current circumstances we are. That’s the point.

Fair only regarding to event buildings ;) not in general. As long as AI hit rogues first, we are far, far away from fair!

If the defences aren’t worth it then how much does plundering really take?

The loss through plundering is much less then the loss of space due to defence buildings! Just another point to show how unbalanced the whole issue is.

Building up a defence is pointless indeed, still I do like the green thumbs! ;)

D-Best

Squire
If you lose 2 FP, 12 FP or even more, is that the end of the world? NO.
Let's be honest, is that really a reason to be depressed? NO.
Are all your buildings plundered everyday? NO.

No, we don't want to lose space for defense building, we don't want to spend tavern silver, we don't want to collect on time, we play just for fun.

Wake up, Forge of Empires is a strategy game... If you don't have any strategy (and anything upset you), just... leave. :rolleyes:

There are a lot of solutions, but I strongly believe that we don't have any problem... :D

Emberguard

Emperor
Aid of a certain building does, I was more reffering to the saying: Just aid you neighbours and they won't plunder you any more!
but not all buildings can be aided
Which is why it's the players choice to decide whether they want the trade off of being plunderable or not, of putting up defenses or not, of utilizing the tavern shield or not (doesn't have to be 24/7, even once a week is full protection each week for that time period).

Sure the easiest way to produce goods are plunderable buildings, but they're not the only way. And set buildings split up the loses between all the little pieces within that set. If plundering were such a problem that you were unable to pick anything plunderable up then any alternative would be a gain. That includes using alternative plunderproof methods for resource gathering, using the tavern shield and building up that defense boost. You have options it just takes effort and time.

The Babelus

Steward
Interesting way to make plunder harder would be introducing possibility to have 2 waves of defensive armies (and the GB could help in this way? :) )
Nowadays it is quite easy to plunder even player with 150/1500% defensive lift... With two waves, it would be much harder