• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest New Game Focus for Phone Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
Reason:
Inno Games has changed a lot to accommodate the addition of phone players and iPad players, and I am sure that this one emphasis has brought in a lot of income for your company. I am sure you are aware of the complaints coming from computer players about a lot of the changes - they are taking this game from a fun battle game to a city building version of Farmville: instead of growing crops you are growing Great Buildings and special buildings from events. Many cities are now full of this stuff that doesn't help much at all, just looks pretty... I will not go into the complaints, nor will I post the comments of phone players here, as you have them in your feedback already. The combined result of recent changes have been to lessen the value of time spent on computers playing and enable more to spend valuable time on phones doing individual activities.
Details
Details:
Simplifying and making more individual efforts like events, Guild Expedition and Guild Battlegrounds are not satisfying the players who want more group efforts, more experiences for their play time and more excitement than a glorified share-around-the circle that Guild Battlegrounds are fast becoming. There is no challenge with Guild Battlegrounds if everyone coordinates and cooperates to alternate ownership of sectors.
Events have become distractions rather than enjoyable activities. The Settlements and daily challenges again have been oriented to add a dimension of personal activities during play time, and again are not oriented for group activities. Those activities that require groups are becoming more and more focused on individual play or minimized/ marginalized for other single player activities. For those who have limited time to spend on the game, the individual activities can take up the majority of time available leaving a limited amount of time for group/ guild oriented activities. If there was a separation of activities or at least a focus of activities for phone players then the limited amount of time available in the day can be expanded by just doing individual player options during breaks. This recognizes that some are already doing this pattern. The difference is that phone only players will not have the added burdens of fighting/ giving lots of goods for activities that they find difficult. Guilds for phone players can have the option of not participating in Guild Expedition, and phone players don't need to do Guild Battlegrounds at all, just Settlements and Daily Challenges and aiding will most likely fill the time available for phone players.

Visual Aids:
Example: former events used to have a neighborhood challenge. If you could beat your neighbors then you won some decoration. The prize was small but many are still found in the highest oldest cities as a memento.
Example: neighborhoods have always been a source of daily fights for computer players (and phone players less so) and now they are taken away. Is it because phone players find fighting difficult and takes a long time? I think so, and so do many others. Regardless of the cause, it again was a simple way to measure yourself and your progress against other players your Age.
If phone player separation occurs the neighborhood can again be designated as a fighting arena BUT no plunder if the phone options are chosen. These are examples of activities not available now, I can always add more examples too but developers know them as well as I.
Balance
Balance: the end result of separating the 2 teams should be a different orientation of the game play for players. This will in turn separate the players who want a multi-player setting from those who want a single-player setting. For each team and the players they serve the orientation is more simple... Individual play vs group play. Future game suggestions can also be defined by this one parameter and assessed by the appropriate team for inclusion or further development. The balance would then shift to phone vs computer, individual player vs multi-player. This proposed balance would enable those who want simple game play to have simple game play, and for those who want complex game play to have the added dimension of multi-player activities.
Abuse Prevention
Abuse Prevention:
Game abuse is impossible with single player options only. Those who alternate between phone and computer platforms should still access the same city as on phones, but have a wider display of options including guild activities, battles with neighborhoods (which will NOT show up on phone event history), Guild vs Guild war and chat functions. Any abuse would and has always come from the computer players and will not change as a result of this proposal.
Summary
Summary:
I say it's time to separate the 2 streams, keep the single player activities on the phone like Antique Auction, Tavern, aiding your neighborhood, limited guild interactions, and Settlements; and start more activities oriented for computer players to keep the group dynamics intact, keep the sense of group achievement and group bonding. Please consider these words carefully, and consider also that computer players were doing this game first. They are the longest diamond spending (income) stream you have. It's time to consider more group / neighborhood/ guild challenges that require a group to finish. I propose a final separation between the activities phone players can, want to and will do vs the activities computer and tablet players wish to see.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
yes I looked at the DSNL and checked previous submissions, this is a new unique idea
1595780553606.png

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser10126

As i am a computer player, I do feel that all the iphone/ipad players have really hurt the team player fun of having a guild. It is really impossible to find others who are computer players who would be interested in playing GVG, accessing guild forums, chat rooms, and have full access to all the features we play with everyday. Instead we have all these players that cant do certain things mixed in.
I too find there are so many iphone/ipad players that dont want all the fancy options and just would like to play a simpler game version and not have to deal with all the game complexities.

Easier to develop a new game for computer based players and to continue with FOE as it is.
The only thing I miss from playing at computer is global chat.

I will think on this before I vote.
I am computer player and do agree with timberk 100%. but I do see the advantage for some of being able to access the game via phone when away from their home base. I do know some players who did start via their phone and soon realized that it was too limiting and that they did want the full game. So now use their computer and phone. However I find that the majority of phone players have no real interest in, what Forge of Empires actually is. What they do want is a simple game that consists of clicking a few buttons to collect some pretty stuff at times in the day when they have a few moments to fill in. There are also some who would like it to have some of the abilities of a real social media platform. So they DEMAND that the company changes it to suit them.

As a computer player who does want the full guild based, strategy of the game, both for fighting and city building. Along with the fun and banter that goes with that, And that is continually being developed along those lines without being made easier. I do not want it to become just one more phone type game.

Is there a way to integrate the needs and wants of both the real gamer and the casual phone user successfully? INNO is trying to do that at the moment. And I think we can see that it is not really working. Perhaps 2 completely separate games would be the answer. I do not know. But I do think that at some point the company will need to look at this and make a decision.

@ Darrth, global chat and GvG are basic obvious differences between the phone game and computer based game, but there are many differences in how quickly and easily you can do some basic activities too, like harvesting, aiding, responding to messages, fighting, negotiating... and of course the app FOEhelper is making a lot of game activities much easier still (making calculations for 1.9 donations, finding incidents, reviewing progress in Settlements, etc)

There may be differences on how harvesting productions (collect all button?), or aiding, or the displays at market or other functions but both type of players can do them as they need. Both types of players can be as active in these as the other.

Comminucation to coordinate strategy maybe is faster with Global (Guild) Chat than using the message system, but it is done effectively for GBG on phone app.

Making 1.9 calculations easier in phone apps? Doesn't computers have Ms Excel or other calculator / spreadsheet applications available?

Who said that phone apps players want plundering removed? We got plunderers at both versions.

I do not agree with labeling phone apps users as "casual players" and PC based users as the Hard or Real ones.

I apologize if you read "casual" when u read above... the emphasis on phone players is on single player activities, not multi-player activities. GbG is one example of single player activities.

Pardon me but I do not follow your logic. What is the difference between GVG as a multiplayer activity vs GBG as a single player activity?

Both are team efforts. Guild leaders selects target sectors to attack/conquer/defend, all guildmates can participate (more participation in GBG since any member with units of any age can fight, not limited to guildmates with troops of a specific era to fight in that specific era map), use guild chat or the message system to coordinate attacks / changes of strategy.

I started playing mostly at PC almost at the start of the game (before the 1st Halloween Event ever), now play mostly at phone app. Just recently finished SAM tech tree, still to battle more at the map. Almost ready to unlock 1st SAAB tech If I like. Have been a Founder at my guild at my main world for more than 7 or 8 years, I keep my ranking around the top 300 in EN4 Dinegu; my guild is in the Diamond League and keeps around the top 25 ranks in EN4. Our guildmates, mix of PC, PC/Phone app & Phone App players play well together investing in each other GBs, helping with goods/trades / aiding and enjoying the game in general.

Why divide us?

Removing neighborhood fights / plundering is not permitted (DSNL): "Removal of features. (such as opting out of PvP) "

This proposal is also a DNSL due to " Extreme changes (new battle system, ...) "

LordTachikawa

Merchant
It's an interesting idea, but I think is beyond the purpose of this Forum, which is to discuss changes to the current game,
This is more like a whole new game, and as others have noted I think comes under the Do Not Suggest list in a couple areas.
* Extreme changes (new battle system, ...)
* New worlds with other game conditions (double speed, no PvP, etc...)
I will be moving it there today.

Status
Not open for further replies.