• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

'New' forum moderator

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Hi All,

I'm back here on FoE-beta-forum as Forum Moderator, as some may have noticed :p

My main task will be to keep the forum clean and readable for all forum users... and of course I will need some help from all of you in doing so, since this is a volunteer job and I won't be around 24x7 ;)

• Whenever you feel a post is:
- off-topic;
- needs some 'language-polishing' due to translation or other issues;
- or violates the forum rules in any way:

Please report the post by the report button on the bottom left corner of the post and it will be handled.

• Feel free to contact me by forum PM, whenever you want to discuss something in private.

It is my - and the beta team's - intention to keep the forum accessible to ALL players in a friendly way.
... of course keeping the forum rules in mind.

Cheers!
NormaJeane

Last edited:

NormaJeane

Viceroy
P.S. as I get more familiar with the forum, I will edit more :p
Also: for now, in this thread I will make some notes/recommendations on forum use.
(Later on these might be included in the Questions/FAQ section.)

Notes/Recommendations:

#1 - Pictures are restricted to a maximum size of 600x480 pixels.

Larger images should always be put in spoiler tags!
How to use Spoiler tags for images: ([ spoiler] image goes here [ / spoiler] -- remove the spacing in the code).
Reason for requesting you all to do so:
• the larger the image, the longer it takes to load, especially for those with slower connections.

#2 - Please keep all communications respectful
... this may be hard at times, since on this server we have many different cultures.
• Calling a fellow forum user an idiot, ignorant, arrogant etc. is inappropriate.
- Whenever you disagree with someone, just state 'I disagree with you' - thereafter state your argumentation.
• Using swear words is not allowed, this includes acronyms and abbreviations.

Last edited:

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Sometimes I see very long posts, filling up my screen with a load of text. As a forum moderator I of course read it all. However, I can imagine that many forum users will just skip reading these long posts... therefore to all the 'great' writers on this forum ;) :

Recommendation to make (very) long posts easier to read:

• Divide your text into paragraphs, in other words: insert a blank line every now and then where applicable;
• Don't make very long sentences, use correct interpunction / start a new sentence.

This way even a very long post will get chopped up in easy bites to read :cool:
... and thus it will also get more attention from fellow forum users :)

Last edited: