• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented New Feature suggestion: City Planner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I'd like to add some more to my previous idea of 'Flat Mode'.
As my city develops, I feel more need for the user interface for planning my city development.

1. Flat Mode

This is what I mentioned in the past posting, I'd like to see my city in flat blocks. (distinguished in colors regarding building type)
In this way I can move around my buildings and easily check if I'm using the spaces wisely.
It would be much easier to find the best way to 'not waste empty spaces'. For now I have to do everything via Excel sheet.

2. Goods Planning

As my space/resource are limited, I have to think what goods I should produce first. That way I won't face the situation that
I spent all required forge points and not having enough goods. So I have to prioritize what goods should be produced in advance.
It would be nice if there's UI that shows how much specific goods I need to unlock everything in specific era, what goods I'm producing
right now, and how much I am short of.

3. Resource Planning

I also like to check how much gold/supply I'm producing right now in total.
Then I can easily plan whether I should increase more houses or supply building.

4. Army Planning

I can't check my unit's specification outside of the battlefield. When I Infiltrate on the territory, I want to plan which units would be the most
efficient to fight the enemies. But now I only can test it in the actual fight.

Why not add some of these features as premium UI? Just like the administrator in Grepolis.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

With regards to No.1 I agree, with the flat mode idea as mentioned elsewhere, however when then the Inventory becomes fully functional it would seem that you should be able to move everything you've built into the inventory and out again at will, planning before placing it where you decide you want to place things, this in some ways will make flat mode obsolete.

With regards to No.2 there is a handy spreadsheet available in the players guide for all goods, types and amounts needed for each era to unlock the necessary research paths it's been there over a week and is regularly updated.

With regards to No.3 It may be a good idea but may over complicate the city screen besides simple maths will work just as well.

With regards No.4 You could screen shot the information you want while in a battle, even post up a guide for the rest of the players. I think knowing exactly what will beat what in a battle before going into a battle does detract from the fun of the battle, besides how would you know what to take into a battle against troops from a more advanced era than you before you yourself have trained any such units.

I can see that you may want to keep your troop production to a minimum but remember the defensive army in the troop menu? Leaving that empty will probably cost (anyone who does) later in the game if the possibility of losing goods, coins or supplies when attacked by other players becomes plausible. If you knew exactly what would beat what in these battles too then that would lead to an unfair advantage. You could attack with one unit...make notes on the enemy troop types, then withdraw and in 24 hours attack again and wipe out all units with minimum losses to your own troops in my opinion at least.

DeletedUser

Hey,

I checked your spreadsheet in the Forum which seem very useful. :D
But sometimes I may play this game on the PC with no Excel installed, so I really like to have such function implemented in-game.

DeletedUser

I'm sure such things will end up in the wiki page before the game is released, a wiki page has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum, then it'll just be a web page with the data, which can be updated as the new era's after the LMA are added, in which I suspect we will need ever increasing amounts of goods in the research tree :)

Unfortunately for now an excel spreadsheet is my only option, if you can print it out or want me to send you a copy for printing out let me know. They'll be another update to it later today hopefully including information on the advanced stone works.

DeletedUser

#1 I like the idea of a flat plan option for planning also as space is tight a holding area for your buildings (I think I have read that is holding /storage area is to be made possible)
#2 The Town Hall I would like to see a change of colour for goods that you are actually producing. Other than that I think the rest is down to good planning.
#3 Think that is down to good planning.
#4 Some sort of stats would be nice on the power of troops, also in provinces segments you have taken a flag or something as I have seen the same colour used for untaken province segments as provinces segments taken. Also some kind of error checker on the battles engaged if they are not resolved (server connection lost) as a win then troops returned to full health and dead returned, or the UI resolves the battle if players just hit the x for exit the battle to run away.

Status
Not open for further replies.