• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: New feature in GvG ?

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
I do wonder if this is a bug
It's a bug.
I experience it at least once at recalc when I play GvG.

Although the thread is marked as "reported to developers", there is little hope this will be dealt with in the first place
There have been bugfixes for GvG in the past. I guess you're referring to the issues that only happen when the maps are busy?
Anyways, not part of this topic, really :)

GKCollect

Farmer
Yes. Its a bug and doesnt have any connection with monitoring people that deploy sieges with macros and scripts or busy maps. This bug happens everywhere in GvG, not only at sieges. At battles, defences, changing sectors, changing maps, give freedom to a sector. Everywhere. Sometimes, it happens 3-5 seconds before the calculation, even if you dont do nothing, only to just watch the maps at this time.

Owl II

Emperor
It's a bug.
I experience it at least once at recalc when I play GvG.

There have been bugfixes for GvG in the past. I guess you're referring to the issues that only happen when the maps are busy?
Anyways, not part of this topic, really :)
I mean the freezes that have now appeared on the map, as you say, in the recalc. The same thing happens (with me, anyway), with any error: if you set a siege at the same time with another player, if you hit the last army in the sector at the same time with another player, if you set the def at the same time with another player... Or as in the video: while you are pick an army for the siege, the target sector has already been captured. Any action that triggers an error warning window also causes the map to freeze. And yes, this does not interfere with the work of scripts and chiters in any way. They're having fun pounding while you reload :))) (Here is the last remark off topic, I agree. But you asked for it yourself)

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
I do wonder if this is a bug or it is a feature to monitor the people that deploy sieges with macros and scripts, making GvG slower and laggish ..
We all know that there are no plans to develop this gameplay. So, the appearance of bugs in it can only be explained by interference with some global function that is used in other parts of the game.

ShadowRullz

Farmer
That bug with freeze appear when make an action which cannot be defined. Before the reset has been made, you open a sector and after that the map is freezed and you need to refresh the game. Also that bug appeared long a go when you switch maps for no reason you need to refresh the game

The major problem are the scripts which are used since last year. A lot of players was banned .. ok but after each update of yours new versions still appear and the players are using it and even report them.. sometimes it's hard for CM to ban them. Ex. On Romanian server, on 3 August an update has been made ( each time when an update is made, the extension is down until you some one fix it ) and one guild was fast by fixing it and at gvg 3 players used it for siege and fights but not that kind of fights speed with no delay . There is an extension which you can customize delay fights ( min-max ) . I did 4 tickets and still nothing :)

Overall, the GVG is fun but has some old bugs not cool but is playable. The main problem now are the extensions with gvg/gbg utilities
In my opinion, Inno should implement something that each time a players use something that didn't use the interface of the game ( that a scripts can do ) to receive auto-banned or making something to check this after some one open a ticket for x and the CM verify that issue.

Last edited:
Very annoying bug. Some of my clan members refuse to fight on daily calculation because of that.
Sometimes I don't hit it but sometimes I can get it 5 times in a row.
The bug also affects main city's UI. If you'll return from gvg to your home city screen, you can't click anywhere neither scroll it.

And the most offensive thing that gvg "special program" users fight as usual without any game reloads and even ask in global chat "BUG? WHAT BUG? WE DON'T SEE ANY BUGS" :(

GKCollect

Farmer
The bug also appears in Guild Battlegrounds.
In our guild some players stopped because of this error. It appears everywhere.

I hope, the company, not the programmers, will do something. In the end the only loser from this will be the company itself. Many players give up because they see that, instead of getting better game the game becomes slower and annoying. Its very-very annoying to refresh the game everytime you want to do something.

GKCollect

Farmer
I ve made a report in world that i play and the response was... There not such error !!!

Finally... there will be an official announcement if something will be done to solve this problem?
To know if we will engage in GvG battles again or not.

Do you remember in gvg there was a error window and single button after clicking on it the game window will refresh. I can't say for sure but I suppose it appeared under the same conditions.
And also it seems that after "a fix" we've lost the induced auto-refresh but we get a map freeze so we should refresh game window by ourselves.

The team that worked and built GvG quit InnoGames as we were told some times here on this forum long ago before the GbG appearence. The other developers only worked on transferring it from Flash Player to HTML5, but not anything else was made for it(except the changes from 2019 with shields and sectors that were reverted because it was much worse than is GvG known today), only some fixing on some bugs have been made in GVG since and nothing else.
I do wonder if this is a bug or it is a feature to monitor the people that deploy sieges with macros and scripts, making GvG slower and laggish ...
Between 'bots' and macros being faster than human interaction, it's my firm belief the macros are partly the cause of needing refreshes and outright just getting an automatic kick from the game. Beta and live alike. The servers can't possibly keep up with the macro users and it's extremely frustrating when users get reported and zero is done to ban them :(

GKCollect

Farmer
As you can see in the example in the video, the game freezes by simply pressing a click with the hand. Without any bot or macro usage. And this happens in many cases. Enter and exit a sector or if you simply press the defense placement arrow and then exit the sector and enter another sector etc, etc.

As you can see in the example in the video, the game freezes by simply pressing a click with the hand. Without any bot or macro usage. And this happens in many cases. Enter and exit a sector or if you simply press the defense placement arrow and then exit the sector and enter another sector etc, etc.
You don't have to be the one using the macro - anyone on the server can thus effecting the whole game.

GKCollect

Farmer
You don't have to be the one using the macro - anyone on the server can thus effecting the whole game.
When i was capturing the video nothing happened in the map. There was no other players playing the game at that time. I was the only player making something and as you can see i was playing by hand, slowly. The game freeze at any time not only when the server has "traffic" or when some other players using macros, scripts and.... i don't know what they use.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Finally... there will be an official announcement if something will be done to solve this problem?
What do you mean by official announcement? The bug has been forwarded some time ago with multiple reproduction steps added a few weeks ago. Unfortunately we cannot say anything regarding "when" it will be addressed.

not that anyone cares, but if this is not fixed by the end of the year, i will stop playing.
this bug makes it impossible to strategize properly at recalc. also, if you have more than one person sieging etc. it makes gvg too frustrating to play at all. so why not rename it to pvp and call it a new feature, ha.

GKCollect

Farmer
The same freezing issue.
The problem was not only the double message, shown in video.
The players inform about the freeze with some other examples.

Examples...
Give independence to a sector and as soon as you enter another and try to place siege.
Moments before calculation, putting defences and then trying to make a movement.
Changing maps an try to enter in any sectors.
Set a siege at the same time with another player and then try to make a movement.
etc

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Set a siege at the same time with another player and then try to make a movement.
This should be fixed.

Changing maps an try to enter in any sectors.
Does not happen to me. Would need more info on that.

Give independence to a sector and as soon as you enter another and try to place siege.
Just tried that, no issue here.

Moments before calculation, putting defences and then trying to make a movement.
Would need to check again, but I didn't encouter any issues yesterday and put defense in within the last 10 seconds.