• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion New eras? no!, Forge of Events!

Dessire

Regent
FoE doesn't need new eras if all the new ones are copy paste from SAM/SAAB.

Events it's all we need.

Once per year, an event (let's say Xmas event) gives as the best reward more expansions.
Once per year, an event (let's say Summer event) gives as rewards 5 new military buildings with new units and the power and design of those units depends of the age of the player.
Once per year, an event (let's say forge bowl event) gives as the best reward a new great building.

Events are all that we need and the design of the new buildings of the events can change like the old tavern did.
Why design and release a new era if it will be a copy paste of previous ones? and about RQuests, we do not need new ones because are always the same RQuests!

Obviously I'm just joking but if you think it a little bit, New eras can be easly replaced by only events. The hype of end game players created by the announcement of a new era is only produced by the curiosity to know how powerful and useful will be the new military units, to know the new GBuilding bonus, to have more expansions (and diamonds from the continent map and quests) and to know if there will be any improvement of RQuests.

All those elements can be easly given from events! new eras are not necessary anymore! even those amazing designs of those new buildings of new eras can be put on the new event's buildings! and about the townhall, the townhall could have skins! imagine earn a design for your townhall during any event and then go to your townhall and change its design by any of your available skins!

I made this topic due all the feedback of the new age space age venus.

As I see, FoE have serious problems right now:

-Eras/ages and how they are being designed/copy-pasted.
-RQuests and the infinite abuse of those quests by using macros, bots and autoclicking programs (can be easly fixed! and I already posted the solution!)
-New GBuildings are more and more useless and more and more expensive, If in order to level up a GB to level 80 you must spend more than 35k fp, if the cost to build it and the space it uses doesn't worth for end game players, do not add those GBuildigns to the game! or atleast, make them for new players! with the cost of a temple of relics!.
-GBGrounds and how it can be abused by only a few players/guilds, how only 4 or 3 or even 2 guilds can make the life impossible to the rest of the guilds in the same league because they swap sectors as soon as the sectors are unlocked! and this if players have a CFrontenac at level 180, the problem becomes bigger!!!

aim83

Merchant
There is major flaw in your proposal. New things should be available for all players, not just for those who happen to play in that particular time of mentioned events. Basically, new eras already is some sort of event - but a delayed one. Anyone can advance and reach the beginning of that event and recieve it's prizes via completion.
P.S. All elements you listed above can be given, let's say, by some mystirious gray wizard in pointy hat and big old staff. So we don't need all the eras and events - that wizard is all we need!

and about RQuests, we do not need new ones because are always the same RQuests!

Requiring Quests quicks in when all the quests for an era are completed and the player have not unlocked yet the next one. If no new eras would be available then:
  • No more regular Era quests,
  • No more special quests from end of the era
  • No more research to complete
What would do players at the end of the current last era? Just Events? Would be there events available 365 days a year? If not the end of Research Tree player will be bored with not enough things to do, and potentially leave the game. Is that what we want?

-New GBuildings are more and more useless and more and more expensive, If in order to level up a GB to level 80 you must spend more than 35k fp, if the cost to build it and the space it uses doesn't worth for end game players, do not add those GBuildigns to the game! or atleast, make them for new players! with the cost of a temple of relics!

Cost of higher eras GBs don't have to be same as a Temple of Relics. Many Iron Age Players have Arcs, Terracota Army, and others similar GBs.

Regardless the value or worthiness of the GBs we had before Colosseum and Notre Dame at early ages, same as with those early examples the player must evaluate if the new GBs are beneficial to his/her city (based on his/her playing style) or not. If not worthy enough, don't build it, same as most players have done with Colosseum.

Once per year, an event (let's say Summer event) gives as rewards 5 new military buildings with new units and the power and design of those units depends of the age of the player.
What units would receive a LMA player in such event? Five (5) New LMA units we have not seen before? And during next year event? Five new units again? or same five units for last year?

How many new units would FOE would need to create? 5 for each existing era? 5 for each existing era every year?

Once per year, an event (let's say Xmas event) gives as the best reward more expansions.
Expansions as rewards has been a No-No since a long time ago. Inno cant risk to give away more expansions than the current city grid have capacity to accomodate. Do you imagine how many diamonds players would spent at that event to get multiple expansions?

Expansions as rewards has been a No-No since a long time ago. Inno cant risk to give away more expansions than the current city grid have capacity to accomodate. Do you imagine how many diamonds players would spent at that event to get multiple expansions?
They could be really INNOvative and increase the city grid...
Oh... wait... that would be actually something good... nevermind..............

Remove Recurring Quests and change to Events quests all the time? Is that not changing a repeating set of quests by another? Every event has the same quests than the previous one, just the order may change.
What is special about event quests?
  • Build a cultural building of your era or two of the previous one (as if my city need any more happiness)
  • Build two houses of your era or three of the previous one (population already over 200K extra, no more houses needed).
  • Perform X number of Y hours productions (I ussually have my production buildings in 8 hours cycles, those quests asking for 4 hours or others just mess my city schedule)

Last edited:
They could be really INNOvative and increase the city grid...
Yes they can, and time to do that is near (10 un used slots for expansions at the grid, SAV will release 7 expansions).

However, the expansions to be won by a player shall not be more than the expansions area available at the grid. When the city grid be expanded it will consider the number of each type of expansions that will be released on the map, research tree and the diamonds ones by each era, all these are amounts known by Inno. If expansions would be given at events (or any other type of quests) that would be a variable not under control.

Last edited:
Once per year, an event (let's say forge bowl event) gives as the best reward a new great building.
One of the characteristics of a GB, different from regular, premium, or event buildings, is that the particular GB can be built only once (no duplicates) at a city. A city can have 50 Shrines, 10 Terrace Farms, 3 Pagodas, but just one Statue of Zeus, not two Statues of Zeus. If an event would be as the best reward a new Great Building, the next year the GB must be again a new one, same GB would be interesting just to new players; players who played last year and already won the GB (or get the GB's blueprints through investing in other players GB), would see the event as not that good because the best reward would not be usefull or obtainable for them. So this event will introduce a new GBs once per year.

This is a reduction if compared with the current record of FOE. FOE is about to reach 10 years, and so far we have 41 GBs released, and a new one coming up to live servers in a few days/hours. 1 vs approximately 4.2.

The Forge of Events you describe could work for a new game. Player start with a initial city grid, a number of buildings available to construct of the several types, and do event after event to release new buildings, get GBs, new military, expansions, etc. No Eras or Research Tree. The Town Hall could get a new image after maybe 10? 12? events completed. Daily Challenges, Cultural Settlements, Friends Tavern, Incidents, and other elements like these could be somehow inserted or transformed.

But as you called it it would be Forge of Events, not Forge of Empires.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
I think they'll coming up with some type of end game. I think something like a Dyson Swarm project with
the final age something like Solar Space Age or Solar Age or Space Age: Sun(shine) <- gosh would love
some creative word punch age. With the very last and final technology unlocking the End Game.
What is a Dyson swarm? A Dyson swarm is a huge fleet of space vehicles. Manned and unmanned with
various purposes. Most for energy. A Dyson swarm can be used dynamically for suppressing the solar system
or providing energy to any colony including Earth.
How does this project add up into an end game? The dev. team can go into many directions and designing
an entire game based off it. While leaving huge amounts of possibilities to expand into. Personally I feel
like the biggest challenge is making it in such a way that it doesn't burn itself out. Like GbG's, GE's and
settlement's buildings. Nor being a grind like PvE arena or infinite recycling GE. I think adopting some type
of Sandbox game mechanics could helping out although I'm unsure how such mechanics can be build
into this game even as an End Game with interesting game design.
The reason why I'm pointing out to a Dyson Swarm is because it can be reasonable expanded infinitely and
the reason for my suggestion towards Sandbox mechanics is that the community and anyone can invent
new ways to play. Lacking fixed goals have the benefit that players can become creative and invent new goals
to reach and creating kinda their own game out of it in a self-sustainable way.

Last edited:
imho the final final age should be "Space Age: Exploration", which opens up a galaxy map and allows you to explore the galaxy and visit a (probably) unlimited amount of randomly generated planets (or at least a huge amount of them), each with their own civilizations etc, and a huge surprise if you manage to reach the galactic core. indeed, something like the game Spore, but then FoE style ;) it's not like inno hasn't adopted other game mechanics into FoE before anyways ;)

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Describe briefly the Elvenar's cmap for those that have not peek at that game yet.
The cmap exist of infinite number of provinces spreading out from the player's main city. The further away the more progressively harder the
province is to acquire. On their cmap also other player's cities can be discovered. Practicality this could be somewhat of a solution to provide
an ever expanding map but I think for a endgame for FoE this would turn quickly boring and gimmicky. As there's little motivation the
obtain more resources from such cmap in this game. Unless the endgame of FoE gives a strong motive to pushing on to obtain as many
resources from such an ever expanding map as possible.
I feel like the suggestion for randomised encounters could really work if there's enough variation in it but also some type of motivation
driving us in the endgame to continue in such an ever lasting loop. Personally I think something like that could be achieved through
some sandbox elements with no fixed goals to accomplish. As such you simple completing the fixed goals, roll the credits and calling it a
game and leaving not much to go on after that. While the strength with sandbox elements is that with a supportive environment of a
community driven goal they can continuously renovate and innovate. Coming up with new ideas and concepts to explore.

Shortens version I really hope that the dev. team finds a way to building up a endgame that can continuously be innovated by the
community who's developing and exploring new concepts and ideas of their own regarding the features that making up the endgame.

Emperor XX

Farmer
Bad idea.
New Ages are what we get excited for. Plus, basically everything we do in FoE aside, FoE is a journey through history into our future. Would we stop at Venus, or keep exploring onward to new places?

Lol sounds like some kind of nightmare before christmas scenario where you can unlock a tree to a different holiday (perhaps like the settlements?), which yanno I would not mind to be honest because my city is seriously lacking in event prices that I'd like to build and I been stalking the dealer but some of them buildings need like 11 upgrades and it's rare enough to find just one!

Lol sounds like some kind of nightmare before christmas scenario

It is a nightmare scenario. Some people cannot conceive of infinity and are happy with itty bitty games that have a beginning and an end. They are very uncomfortable with the idea that there is a game with no end in sight. That is why they like the Events. They start, run for a short period then end. then another comes along that does the same. Even GE and GBG has a given time span. But they are also faced with this thing called Forge of Empires which just goes on. therefor it defies their logic. This outlook appears to be the norm now. It is what the newer players and game designers feel safe with. THAT is the true nightmare.