• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • Halloween Event 2021

Read all about the Halloween Event 2021 here!
  • Castle System

The Castle System is a brand new feature in Forge of Empires which aims to reward players that are playing Forge of Empires actively. Come check it out in your city!
    Do you want to know more about this new feature? Then click here!
  • Cultural Settlement - Mughal Empire

We are proud to present you our brand new Cultural Settlement: The Mughal Empire!
    This is the fifth of our Cultural Settlements, and your job is to help expand the Mughal Embassy.
    Read all about it here!

New design element for selected buildings to allow to be built partially over (span) a road without interrupting road continuity from Town Hall.

Do you agree with this idea proposed?

• Yes, allow new design characteristic for selected buildings to be built over a road.

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No, Leave Buildings construction to a side of the road as is.

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

drakenridder

Baronet
@Darrth Eugene Vader3 I think I understand now your logic behind the proposal. It's about bridge and gate like structures that require a road connection? I'm I think I've misunderstood your proposal at first as I interpreted the proposal to be applied to any building that would logically irl possible to use as a road supplement or possible to walk on, through or beneath (gates, bridges, etc.) since the road to victory is from design some type of road I thought it would also logically applied to it but now I understand that since it doesn't require a road connection and ain't a gate or bridge it's excluded from the proposed mechanic.

Beta-OD

Squire
Maybe I'm also misunderstanding.

Would this proposal (assuming Inno wanted it), allow Hanami Bridge, Grand Bridge and/or Canal Bridge to act at a road if there was a road attached at the proper place?

My understanding was that anything visually road-ish could have a new mechanic that would allow certain points to be attachment points for a road (sort of like chained buildings). That's why in my understanding RtV would work since the single ends would work as the road attachment points. They would only act as pass through for roads and not (with the exception of maybe RtV due to it's set up) work as roads for anything touching the building/decoration/etc.

Would this proposal (assuming Inno wanted it), allow Hanami Bridge, Grand Bridge and/or Canal Bridge to act at a road if there was a road attached at the proper place?
No. In my original proposal, giving the design element proposed to a building, for example Hanami Bridge (HB) would not change its building type to a "special road". The HB will still require a road connection to function (the road that is crossing below it). Buildings touching the HB would not have their own road connection requirement fulfilled for touching the HB, those buildings still require to touch a road leading to the Town Hall.

The idea that buildings with this design element to act as "special roads" would be an Option 3 on how to implement this. Refer to posts #2 and #3 at this thread.

In current design, roads only provide happiness as a reward. Not sure if Innocan create special roads that can also provide coins, goods, FPs, etc like buildings as the Hanami Bridge, Grand Bridge, etc.

drakenridder

Baronet
Maybe I'm also misunderstanding.

My understanding was that anything visually road-ish could have a new mechanic that would allow certain points to be attachment points for a road (sort of like chained buildings). That's why in my understanding RtV would work since the single ends would work as the road attachment points. They would only act as pass through for roads and not (with the exception of maybe RtV due to it's set up) work as roads for anything touching the building/decoration/etc.
Exactly how I've interpreted this proposal.
No. In my original proposal, giving the design element proposed to a building, for example Hanami Bridge (HB) would not change its building type to a "special road". The HB will still require a road connection to function (the road that is crossing below it). Buildings touching the HB would not have their own road connection requirement fulfilled for touching the HB, those buildings still require to touch a road leading to the Town Hall.

The idea that buildings with this design element to act as "special roads" would be an Option 3 on how to implement this. Refer to posts #2 and #3 at this thread.

In current design, roads only provide happiness as a reward. Not sure if Innocan create special roads that can also provide coins, goods, FPs, etc like buildings as the Hanami Bridge, Grand Bridge, etc.
So, the proposal is rather like some buildings that are clearly bridges can be "bridged" as an regular road connection can pass through the bridge building and continue on the other side like the bridge building was an normal road? Personally I feel like road and bridge like structures (buildings and decorations) becoming surrogate/supplementary roads as an mechanic making more sense and might be a bit more consistent. Though I like your out of the box of thinking with an keen eye on realism in this proposal. Although it's a bit of a limited kind of view.