• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected New design element for selected buildings to allow to be built partially over (span) a road without interrupting road continuity from Town Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
To enhance look of the cities with buildings or structures that go over a road.
Details
Option A: Modify the design of selected buildings to be able to share the space occupied by a road piece or a group of road pieces set in a straight line.

Option B: If Option A is not possible to program, then design the building with a chain type ability forcing the construction to be aligned at both sides of the road but after construction is finished the combined image is seen as one building, not two buildings with a gap in the middle where the road pass.
Balance
No balance issues detected.
All players that unlock from the Research Tree a building with this feature included at their design will be able to build it.
If a current building is modified with this feature, platers with this building built at their cities will be able to move the building (currently at a side of a road, to over a road if they want.
Abuse Prevention
No abuse issue sdetected.
Summary
Allow for selected new (or current) buildings a design characteristic to built them over / span a road without blocking or interrupting the continuity of the road connection with the Town Hall.
Open to discussion, feedback in favor or against welcome.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
DNSL reviewed. No issues detected. The proposal is for a change in the design of new or current buildings, not proposing a new building perse. Not specifying building rewards otr boosts.r size
Visual Aids
None.
Current: Buildings that require road connection to Town Hall has to be built with at least one road tile touching the building at one of the sides (top, right side, left side or bottom).
Proposed: Allow for a selected group of buildings (new and/or current) to be built partially over a road, so when built the road is seen crossing the building (that is entering the building by a front side and exiting by the back side), without interrupting the road that is crossing through the building.

Reason: To enhance look of the cities with buildings or structures that go over a road (not necessarily a vehicule road, could be pedestrian roads). Examples:
Iron Age: Triumphal Arc:
A triumphal arch is a free-standing monumental structure in the shape of an archway with one or more arched passageways, often designed to span a road. In its simplest form a triumphal arch consists of two massive piers connected by an arch, crowned with a flat entablature or attic on which a statue might be mounted or which bears commemorative inscriptions. The main structure is often decorated with carvings, sculpted reliefs, and dedications. More elaborate triumphal arches may have multiple archways.​
Bridges: A bridge is a structure built to span a physical obstacle (such as a body of water, valley, road, or rail) without blocking the way underneath.​

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@Darrth Eugene Vader3 I think I understand now your logic behind the proposal. It's about bridge and gate like structures that require a road connection? I'm I think I've misunderstood your proposal at first as I interpreted the proposal to be applied to any building that would logically irl possible to use as a road supplement or possible to walk on, through or beneath (gates, bridges, etc.) since the road to victory is from design some type of road I thought it would also logically applied to it but now I understand that since it doesn't require a road connection and ain't a gate or bridge it's excluded from the proposed mechanic.

Beta-OD

Squire
Maybe I'm also misunderstanding.

Would this proposal (assuming Inno wanted it), allow Hanami Bridge, Grand Bridge and/or Canal Bridge to act at a road if there was a road attached at the proper place?

My understanding was that anything visually road-ish could have a new mechanic that would allow certain points to be attachment points for a road (sort of like chained buildings). That's why in my understanding RtV would work since the single ends would work as the road attachment points. They would only act as pass through for roads and not (with the exception of maybe RtV due to it's set up) work as roads for anything touching the building/decoration/etc.

Would this proposal (assuming Inno wanted it), allow Hanami Bridge, Grand Bridge and/or Canal Bridge to act at a road if there was a road attached at the proper place?
No. In my original proposal, giving the design element proposed to a building, for example Hanami Bridge (HB) would not change its building type to a "special road". The HB will still require a road connection to function (the road that is crossing below it). Buildings touching the HB would not have their own road connection requirement fulfilled for touching the HB, those buildings still require to touch a road leading to the Town Hall.

The idea that buildings with this design element to act as "special roads" would be an Option 3 on how to implement this. Refer to posts #2 and #3 at this thread.

In current design, roads only provide happiness as a reward. Not sure if Innocan create special roads that can also provide coins, goods, FPs, etc like buildings as the Hanami Bridge, Grand Bridge, etc.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Maybe I'm also misunderstanding.

My understanding was that anything visually road-ish could have a new mechanic that would allow certain points to be attachment points for a road (sort of like chained buildings). That's why in my understanding RtV would work since the single ends would work as the road attachment points. They would only act as pass through for roads and not (with the exception of maybe RtV due to it's set up) work as roads for anything touching the building/decoration/etc.
Exactly how I've interpreted this proposal.
No. In my original proposal, giving the design element proposed to a building, for example Hanami Bridge (HB) would not change its building type to a "special road". The HB will still require a road connection to function (the road that is crossing below it). Buildings touching the HB would not have their own road connection requirement fulfilled for touching the HB, those buildings still require to touch a road leading to the Town Hall.

The idea that buildings with this design element to act as "special roads" would be an Option 3 on how to implement this. Refer to posts #2 and #3 at this thread.

In current design, roads only provide happiness as a reward. Not sure if Innocan create special roads that can also provide coins, goods, FPs, etc like buildings as the Hanami Bridge, Grand Bridge, etc.
So, the proposal is rather like some buildings that are clearly bridges can be "bridged" as an regular road connection can pass through the bridge building and continue on the other side like the bridge building was an normal road? Personally I feel like road and bridge like structures (buildings and decorations) becoming surrogate/supplementary roads as an mechanic making more sense and might be a bit more consistent. Though I like your out of the box of thinking with an keen eye on realism in this proposal. Although it's a bit of a limited kind of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.