• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected New avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

antena

Farmer
Reason
everyone should be able to choose an avatar that appeals to them from the regular collection. It shouldn't depend on the event avatars.
Details
more variety, e.g. more female avatars, people from different cultures, young and old, etc.
Balance
-
Abuse Prevention
-
Summary
More variety in the avatar database.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
checked.
Visual Aids
[ATTACH type="full"]7318[/ATTACH]
the male-female ratio in the standard avatar database is about 3 to 1. Most of them are white men. More variety (e.g. more female avatars, people from different cultures, young and old) would be a better reflection of society.

Attachments

99.7 KB · Views: 20
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Not only do I think it's DNS but I think Inno has other priorities (like fixing bugs) than wasting time on avatars.
DSNL?: Why? " New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game. " Is an avatar an item? How could new avatar image bring a balance issue to the game? Would I get any game advantage if using a white male avatar vs any other? Would be unfair if I use an avatar with 20th or 21th century clothing in a city that is still in the Middle Ages?
Priority: Although I agree that this should be a low priority project, I don't think that creating a new avatar image, or copy an existing one, modify it a little and saving with another name take a lot of time to INNO's graphic artists. It should be easy to select one avatar and just change hair color, add a few lines / wrinkles to make an older version of it.

and in ruling an empire the male-female ratio probably was 99 to 1 in the history
Historical Rulers Male-Female Ratio: 99-1? That should be true, but Players base male-female ratio is not 99 to 1, and I don't think INNO would like the female players numbers descend to 1%.

Last edited:

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
but Players base male-female ratio is not 99 to 1, and I don't think INNO would like the female players numbers descend to 1%.
Men can have feminine avatars and women can have masculine ones.
The avatar represents the character in the game, not the player.

And for several years now, the new avatars are already 1/2 male and 1/2 female

for example, Wildlife Event: portraits of cooper + Halona ....

Men can have feminine avatars and women can have masculine ones.
True, but most men do not like using feminine avatars to represent them in the game. However, male avatars is not the main issue, there are plenty to choose.
Women can use masculine avatars, but there have been request earlier to increase the choices of feminine avatars. This idea is a bit different since it also calls for more variety including age (young and older), and also people of different cultures.

And for several years now, the new avatars are already 1/2 male and 1/2 female for example, Wildlife Event: portraits of cooper + Halona ....
True, some advance have been done, but those are event avatars. The OP asks for regular avatars that could be selected by any player at any moment, not just by those players who played the event up to the point to win those avatars.

D-Best

Squire
True, some advance have been done, but those are event avatars. The OP asks for regular avatars that could be selected by any player at any moment, not just by those players who played the event up to the point to win those avatars.
I think that's the point, new avatars from the events.

And furthermore, now we have those portraits from the cultural settlements which are available for each player.

The Reason for this idea reads: "everyone should be able to choose an avatar that appeals to them from the regular collection. It shouldn't depend on the event avatars. " (Bold font from me.)

This is not about Events avatars. Avatars related to cultural settlements are available to the players until after completing the settlement certain number of times. Then it is similar to events avatars.

50 out of 146 regular portraits are of women. Maybe lower than it could be overall, but still a reasonable selection amount to chose from. Era, event, and other kinds of portraits give even more.

Ethnic groups are the ones who would have a more solid case for complaint, imho.

CrashBoom

Legend
we need more avatars with people from China and India

1/3 of the world population is from those 2 countries
so the game avatars should reflect that

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Actually, many avatars are based on the persons working for Innogames, most of them are male. So it is not a surprise, that most avatars are male. However, with every new event and age the ratio between male and female is almost equal. We also have divers avatars! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.