• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest New attack building

Status
Not open for further replies.

punita

Squire
Reason
People who started a few months back will have lower attack than defence as the new buildings had defence not attack
Details
2%attack on lvl 1
4% attack on lvl 2
Balance
--------
Abuse Prevention
----------
Summary
---------
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Nobody has suggested this already
Add a tower which provides attack
We have defence for attacking army,attack and defence for defending army tower but we dont have a tower for attack for attacking army

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Apart from the DNSL, defense is generally itemized cheaper than attack for good reason. While I was in shock when the sentinel outpost lv 2 came in "so high" at release I've since come to appreciate it needed to be that high to be a good value - and other defense buildings since that haven't been nearly so high have only been good if you also wanted them for other reasons (i.e. great FP producers).

Let's say you're already at 300%/300% boost from great buildings for instance - and you happily fight past attrition 45 before it stops working well enough for you (431%/431%). Now your goal is let's say to make it past attrition 50 instead (527%/527%).

At your current attrition, you're likely dying in 2 shots anyways because your defense is generally lower than their attack. More defense will do a close approximation of nothing at attrition 45 for you until you start pushing the envelope towards "it usually takes 3 hits to kill my unit". So you first have to get it to the point where you're "just" getting 2-shot, and then you need to add some more.

As an approximation based on equal attack & defense stats you'd need ~4/3 * (431+100) - 100 = 608% Defense to reach the 3-shot point at your current attrition, and 736% to reach that point at your target attrition. So you'd need ~308% more defense to see much more than saving a few units at lower attrition. and ~436% more defense to see a difference at your desired target.

Conversely, since you're already dying in 2 shots anyways, you could just ignore defense (may as well have to this point even largely). Short of opening up the 1-shot possibility it just doesn't matter that much. All that matters is that you can kill them before they start getting those hits. So if 300% was enough to handle 431%, then it's a simple matter of ratios to find out what you'd need to handle 527%: (300+100)*(527+100)/(431+100)-100 = ~373%. So just 73% more attack and you'll likely handle 50 attrition as well as you used to handle 45.

The sweet-spot where you can be equally happy with more attack or more defense is around the point where defense is twice as high as attack. So if your new city really is ahead in defense it's well on its way in this regard. When in this situation you'll be well suited to take advantage of AO crit as well as they may well save you a shot - it's really where I'd *like* to have my cities - but efficient defense is actually quite hard to come by.

Now this was oversimplified. There are units where defense is significantly more viable at lower numbers - either because they have high base defense or because they have Force Field which helps shift the damage taken ratios to lower values. There are also units where defense is utterly hopeless (such as the defense on low age artillery or ranged units). And units where defense isn't needed to be durable because of Reactive Armor. If you're going to hang out in a specific age your strategy may vary based on the units available.

But I'd consider balanced combat stats to be attacking defense boost ~= 2 * attacking attack boost. Or alternatively just don't collect defense at all.

A new Building or Tower for attack?
  • Statue of Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen, Castle Del Monte, Terracota Army provides attack
  • Players can obtain previous events buildings with attack % at Auction Dealer
  • Players can win buildings with attack % at events
  • Attack % can be obtained temporarily through the Tavern boosts and from potion bottles items at inventory.

CrashBoom

Legend
how about a 1x2 building with 1 or 2% (depending on age)?

Pirate_Guard_Post.png

maybe the selection kit with it is on the wheel because it is actually a summer event building

Add a tower which provides attack
We have defence for attacking army,attack and defence for defending army tower but we dont have a tower for attack for attacking army
So my city would become basically all SO's and this attack tower, along with a minimum few great buildings and a Rogue Den and 2 barracks for my Traz to clone from. Wouldn't need anything else, even any other event buildings unless they were to give better than 4 attack or attack defense per square (including adding the need for roads to those buildings, which the SO and this building wouldn't need).

Sorry, this is just too OP and would be game breaking.

edit - now I actually want to calculate what my actual attack and attack def would be in this scenario. I bet it would allow me to autobattle in GBG past max attrition without losing more troops than my Traz provides daily. I'd probably burn out quickly from doing 25k+ battles every season though...

punita

Squire
ok, don't add this tower but add some attack buildings so new players can get their attack increased

NandodeMC

Merchant
ok, don't add this tower but add some attack buildings so new players can get their attack increased
Abandoned Asylum (25 tiles)
Altar of Artemis (6 tiles)
The Appleton Cottage (12 tiles)
Botanical Rotunda (9 tiles)
Carousel (9 tiles)
Celtic Forest Set (30 tiles)
The Charcoal Express (21 tiles)
Checkmate Square (9 tiles)
Cherry Garden Set (25 tiles)
Classical Garden Set (16 tiles)
Colossus (16 tiles)
Contestants’ Estate (6 tiles)
Cypress Pass (10 tiles)
Dining Car (6 tiles)
Drummer School (16 tiles)
Face of the Ancient (4 tiles)
Fire Pagoda (16 tiles)
Governor’s Villa (30 tiles)
Greater Runestone (4 tiles)
Great Wheel (24 tiles)
Harvest Farm Set (10 tiles)
House of the Wolf (12 tiles)
Indian Fountain Set (24 tiles)
Piazza Set (25 tiles)
Pirate Guard Post (2 tiles)
The Pirate Ship (21 tiles)
Royal Marble Gateway (6 tiles)
Speaker’s Corner (9 tiles)
Winner’s Plaza (9 tiles)
Winter Bakery Set (60 tiles)
Winter Village Set (26 tiles)
Yggdrasil (9 tiles)

You see there’s already a lot of attack buildings with a wide variety of sizes and themes. This game is about persistency and event participation, and getting to build your city slowly but steadily.

Events through the year add opportunities to ALL (new and old players) to win new event buildings, often with army related boosts, and also to win as Daily Prizes some of previously released event buildings like the ones listed in previous post.

Auction Dealer provide chances to win previously released event buildings like some of the ones listed in previous post.

Daily Challenges also may give a chance to win a building listed in previous post (Drummer School).

For some of those buildings the player must play GE and have a Temple of Relics to be able to win them as relics. The Temple of Relics has very low costs so is available to new players after obtaining the required BP set.

Other buildings requires the player to play / complete Settlements to build and upgrade buildings with attack boosts: Yggdrasil, Greater Runestone, others.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Abandoned Asylum (25 tiles)
Altar of Artemis (6 tiles)
The Appleton Cottage (12 tiles)
Botanical Rotunda (9 tiles)
Carousel (9 tiles)
Celtic Forest Set (30 tiles)
The Charcoal Express (21 tiles)
Checkmate Square (9 tiles)
Cherry Garden Set (25 tiles)
Classical Garden Set (16 tiles)
Colossus (16 tiles)
Contestants’ Estate (6 tiles)
Cypress Pass (10 tiles)
Dining Car (6 tiles)
Drummer School (16 tiles)
Face of the Ancient (4 tiles)
Fire Pagoda (16 tiles)
Governor’s Villa (30 tiles)
Greater Runestone (4 tiles)
Great Wheel (24 tiles)
Harvest Farm Set (10 tiles)
House of the Wolf (12 tiles)
Indian Fountain Set (24 tiles)
Piazza Set (25 tiles)
Pirate Guard Post (2 tiles)
The Pirate Ship (21 tiles)
Royal Marble Gateway (6 tiles)
Speaker’s Corner (9 tiles)
Winner’s Plaza (9 tiles)
Winter Bakery Set (60 tiles)
Winter Village Set (26 tiles)
Yggdrasil (9 tiles)

You see there’s already a lot of attack buildings with a wide variety of sizes and themes. This game is about persistency and event participation, and getting to build your city slowly but steadily.
Thanks for this list. I was going to reply that there's been attacking army buildings from the time I came back into playing to this date.

And, now, I want to provide some feedback. While a list is shown of the buildings that provide attacking army attack %s, there's not many buildings that provide the attacking army's defense % values. 9 out of 10 players hardly care for defending army's attacking or defending values since it's pointless to put forth a city defense. Should this change in the future, I am sure many will scramble to build forth. But for now, for the sake of GE, GVG, and GBG (some are still doing PVP-A), the attacking army's attack/defense %s are priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.