• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected New Animated Incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
To enhance Incidents that up to date are just static items that appear around the city and exterior areas by giving to a few new ones the ability to move. Their movement may give them the possibility of not catch/collected at the first attempt by the player giving a bit of fun.
Details
New animated incidents that will walk or fly around the city. when catch / clicked by the player they will reward the player like any other incidents when collected.
Balance
The new incidents will not increase the number of incidents that currently appear at the city at the same time, or during a day. They will be just another random possibility of incident to appear at the city without altering the current incident rates programmed.
The reward given will be according to the category assigned when designed (common, rare, etc,)
Abuse Prevention
No abuse possible. Players would collect these incidents in the same way they can collect current incidents.
Players can not influence when or how many of these incidents will appear, and can not influence what rewards they will provide.
Summary
Add a few more Incidents to the list of possible incidents that can appear at the city. These new incidents will have animation so they can move/walk/fly around the city.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, nothing seen about incidents that could move/walk/fly around the city.
Visual Aids
None.
The current Incidents in the game have no or very little animation, just a glowing effect. I propose a new type of incidents that move around the city like current animated population or other items that walk or fly around the city.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What if I've turned off animations?
Programmers will need to address that, not sure if in that scenario which one of these options would be in effect:
  1. The new animated incidents will not appear at the Players city, and only current static (not animated) ones would be randomly displayed. The incidents hunting for Players with animations OFF would be like it is right now.
  2. The new animated incidents will appear static, like current incidents are. For example, if the incident is a character that normally would walk through the streets, changing directions at random intervals, if animations are OFF the character would just appear standing on a randomly selected road piece, not walking.

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
There is no problem with the way incidents work now. This feels like a solution looking for a problem. You haven't demonstrated why this makes the game better, or more fun. It really doesn't. Incidents work fine now, serve both hardware platform types uniformly, and IMHO don't need any tweaking to demonstrate a value proposition.

I remain extremely cognizant about compelling value for engineering time spent. Classic equation for software development. Let's concentrate on finding important things to work on with our host -things that gnaw at us and retard the ability to generate more game fun and productivity for us (an revenue for Inno).

Sl8yer

Regent
For incidents to be able to move/walk/fly around the city, they need to have that ability. Current incidents are static. How would you see the difference between an incident and the other moving animations? Am I supposed to click every car moving around? Every igure walking the treets? The deer and rabbits in the forrest? What about the people that lach the coördination to pick up moving objects?Will they get a smile on their face?

Most usless proposal ever. How long is watrching the same things over and over again supposed to be fun?

For incidents to be able to move/walk/fly around the city, they need to have that ability. Current incidents are static.
  • Yes, the idea proposed just that. To have incidents with the ability to move/walk/fly around the city, to be animated.
How would you see the difference between an incident and the other moving animations?
  • By looking at the incident itself.
  • If it is a car/vehicle:
    • the image/colors will be very different/unique than any of the others animated vehicles moving around the city.
    • Inno could insert images of well known cars/vehicles like Batman's Batmovile, Scooby doo's The Mystery Machine, Back to the Future's DeLorean DMC-12 time machine, Knight Rider's KITT, etc.
  • If it is a person/character:
    • the clothing, and whole image will be unique, not like any other character already animated.
    • Like when Inno inserted the Gengis Khan or Cleopatra animations, they are unique and not confused with any other animation moving through the streets.
Am I supposed to click every car moving around?
  • No.
Every figure walking the streets?
  • No.
The deer and rabbits in the forest?
  • Maybe a bear. Rabbits are current animations, the new incidents will look different than any current animations.
What about the people that lack the coordination to pick up moving objects? Will they get a smile on their face?
  • If they are unable to pick them up when animated, they can choose to turn OFF animations and then pick them up as static incidents like they do with actual ones. Then they can say "Gotcha" and smile.
Most useless proposal ever.
  • I dont think so.
  • Votes at this moment (12 vs 7) don't reflect that either,
  • But I respect your opinion.
How long is watching the same things over and over again supposed to be fun?
  • Well, we have been watching SOS sign written in the sand, potholes on streets, and red kite on top of trees since the incidents were introduced years ago (2017).
  • This proposal is about introducing something new. I don't expect Inno to introduce new Incidents every year, but after 2017, when incidents were first introduced, it may be now the time for something new in this area.

Last edited:

Sl8yer

Regent
  • If it is a car/vehicle:
    • the image/colors will be very different/unique than any of the others animated vehicles moving around the city.
    • Inno could insert images of well known cars/vehicles like Batman's Batmovile, Scooby doo's The Mystery Machine, Back to the Future's DeLorean DMC-12 time machine, Knight Rider's KITT, etc.
What on earth is the relation with the game?
  • If it is a person/character:
    • the clothing, and whole image will be unique, not like any other character already animated.
    • Like when Inno inserted the Gengis Khan or Cleopatra animations, they are unique and not confused with any other animation moving through the streets.
So unique like other unique charactewrs

Maybe a bear. Rabbits are current animations, the new incidents will look different than any current animations.

How about Yoghi Bear looking for picknick baskets, or maybe My Little Pony.

What about the people that lack the coordination to pick up moving objects? Will they get a smile on their face?
  • If they are unable to pick them up when animated, they can choose to turn OFF animations and then pick them up as static incidents like they do with actual ones. Then they can say "Gotcha" and smile.
So devs need to put in time for somehing players can and will immediately turn off. Like I said, most useless ever.

So unique like other unique characters
Yes, unique, so no reason for confusion, no need to click them all. If they were the same as the others then the Player would have to click them all until find the ones that are incidents, which was your initial concern.
Besides that, incidents have a "glowing" effect around them; the other animated characters that move around on the roads don't have that "glowing" effect.

From Wiki: " Incidents have a blinking glow appearing around them very often (on the app, it is a double-blink every 5 seconds), the color of that glow depends on their rarity. "
How about Yogi Bear looking for picnic baskets, or maybe My Little Pony.
Yogi Bear? funny choice, I would agree,
Regarding My Little Pony, any horse character, not an Unicorn or Pegasus one, some players don't like fantasy characters in this game (which could rule out Yogi).

So devs need to put in time for something players can and will immediately turn off. Like I said, most useless ever.
At each era the developers dedicate time to create new animations. Also, they create sounds effects for new buildings and the game has background music. Sound effects and music can also turn off at the Settings menu. Option for turning these features off don't stop developers to keep designing them, evidence that animations (and sound effects & music) in the game have a design value, not deemed useless. As Emberguard said: these are little details enjoyable to look at.

I know in other games I’ve played the idle animations and various little details were enjoyable to look at.

Most useless idea ever? As I said, that is your opinion, which I respect.

Last edited:

Sl8yer

Regent
Yes, unique, so no reason for confusion, no need to click them all. If they were the same as the others then the Player would have to click them all until find the ones that are incidents, which was your initial concern.
Besides that, incidents have a "glowing" effect around them; the other animated characters that move around on the roads don't have that "glowing" effect.

Not on the PC and it might be wise for you to read the forum rules.

Yogi Bear? funny choice, I would agree,
Regarding My Little Pony, any horse character, not an Unicorn or Pegasus one, some players don't like fantasy characters in this game (which could rule out Yogi).

Fantasy characters like Batman, Scooby Doo, Marty McFly and Michael Knight?

What on earth is the relation with the game?
The images for the animated cars incidents can be of wharever cars the developers choose. They just need to be different than any other cars/vehicles used in the game before.

The game have used references to many movies like Back of the Future before, even the avatar for Mandrubar the Scientist has been in some eras very similar (if not a copy or parody) of the Doc Brown character from the Back to the Future movie series. I see no problem in using an image similar to the DeLorean DMC-12 time machine, or other cars shown in other movies or TV programs.

Fantasy characters like Batman, Scooby Doo, Marty McFly and Michael Knight?
The game has right now:
  • An animation of a werewolf (horror fantasy character), why not other fantasy characters?
  • Also avatars of werewolves, vampires, zombies, Frankenstein Creature (and his bride), etc..
  • Avatars of many others books, movies, or TV Show fictional or fantasy characters: Robin Hood, Lady Marian, The Sherriff, Frosty the Snowman, Mr. Lee (Bruce Lee character in Enter the Dragon, with the face wounds from the last fight in the movie), many others
  • Avatar resembling Doc Brown (Back to the Future character) used for quest giver/advisor Mandrubar during Future Era, even holding a device very similar to the remote control used at the 1st movie when testing the time machine with his dog in the pilot seat. Why not Marty McFly or the DeLorean as animated incidents?
  • Quest that follow/copy the theme of the Jurassic Park movies about a park full of dinosaurs...
  • Modern Era side quest "Batez' Hotel" references the movie Psycho and the fictional character Norman Bates. The quest text reads: " There is this guy, Norman Batez. He wants to run a motel. I would not bring a matter like this up to you normally, but I have a funny feeling about that man. He strikes me as a real psycho. " Why not using fictional characters like Michael Knight or Marty McFly or even Bruce Wayne/Batman if fictional character Norman Bates is used?
  • Many other examples can be listed.
So, fantasy characters are not strange to the game.

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
Just have to say again: Engineering bandwidth is a costly and limited commodity. It's directed at things which fix the game, design new revenue opportunities for the game, and keep current revenue flowing by removing impediment for people to play it.

This topic is really down in the weeds. With all the things FoE needs to keep people here, this isn't one of them. Who among you would PAY money for animated incidents? Don't say yes, because you won't. It can't even self-fund development (theoretically) because "nice to have" and cute, don't bring in revenue. As was pointed out (that many missed), the transition from desktop to mobile continues and animated items ROB mobile devices of battery power.

The mobile FoE app already drains phones and tablets quickly enough, and that's even with animation TURNED OFF. So again, we are down in the weeds.

Let's find something we can agree on that has some value to everyone. Something that's a chronic thorn, and that is game critical for a better game. This ISN'T worth asking product management to fund, or dev to develop, maintain, and continuously support on all devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.