• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Neverending loading shield while spending FP-packages to GBs

DeletedUser7265

Reproduction Steps:
1. Go to a GB with the old window (I don't have the new one).
2. click on + to spend a FP-package
3. spend an FP-package
4. Do this several times.

Issue Description (10/10):

In some cases, the loading shield does not stop. You have to reload. Very annoying, if you try to save a place - especially because I have the old window, so I'm not as fast as a player with the new one.

Player: Emperor123
World: Dunarsund
Operating System: Linux / Lubuntu
Browser Version: Chrome/56.0.2924.76
Viewport Size: 1920x1080 (Fullscreen)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes

DeletedUser

Can you please contact ingame support so I can look into this further for you, thank you.

Tanmay11

Regent
i had this problem after yesterday's update, one of my guildmates reported it as well.
and its not just with fp bar, but while doing quests and loading other stuff as well.

DeletedUser7265

I had this more than five times in a few minutes while spending in my Chateau this morning. So it's surely reproducable, but the time differs. Sometimes I can only spend 2 packages, sometimes about 50 or 100.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8061

The same happened to me yesterday while Aiding, opening the Market and Events window. And also during the GE negotiations. Refreshing page helped each time.

DeletedUser5882

I'm not sure about this being caused due to a foe update. I play a face-book game which is also causing several problems since yesterday. Mainly loading issues. It looks like it is loaded but after some actions I realize it isn't actually responding since the energy bar remains the same. This issue is very similar to the one we had few weeks ago when there was a flash-player update. It is possible that there has been a new fp update!

I use chrome, firefox and opera and all of them displayed the problem in one way or another. Still, opera seems to be more stable. the loading issue happened less when using it.

My OS: Win10

Andi47

Overlord
FoE should be renamed to Forge of Reloading.

Description: Game freezes (neverending loading shield) when polivating with aid buttons (~1 of 45 aid actions)

1.) polivate the Friends list, guild and hood with the aid button
2.) after a couple of aid actions the game ended up with a neverending loading shield - I needed to reload in order to continue playing

1.99.622d7c46ac (30.03.2017 11:00), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 25,0,0,127, Windows 10, Chrome/57.0.2987.98, 1920x950, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

Edit: I think this happens if the internet connection is not so perfect. If the game looses connection for a brief moment, it seems that it is not able to reconnect to the server.

DeletedUser7640

Same issue with my play; it can be going into a Friends Tavern, collecting productions, loading the Event History, opening the Spring Event...basically, anything. Although it seems possible that it might be a Flash Player issue, I only get this in Beta. I play on the US server in Noarsil and Vingrid and don't have the issue there. Also, I play a few other games that use Flash and it doesn't happen on those.

DeletedUser7779

FoE should be renamed to Forge of Reloading.

Description: Game freezes (neverending loading shield) when polivating with aid buttons (~1 of 45 aid actions)

1.) polivate the Friends list, guild and hood with the aid button
2.) after a couple of aid actions the game ended up with a neverending loading shield - I needed to reload in order to continue playing

1.99.622d7c46ac (30.03.2017 11:00), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 25,0,0,127, Windows 10, Chrome/57.0.2987.98, 1920x950, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

Edit: I think this happens if the internet connection is not so perfect. If the game looses connection for a brief moment, it seems that it is not able to reconnect to the server.

This just happened to me on app too. It said 'internet connection lost' and just booted me out of the game 3-4 times while i was aiding. :mad:
NOTE: this was not the case before. It has happened to me many times to temporary lose mobile connection on app. The game then notices that after a few seconds asks me if I want to retry (without exiting the game) or go back to the login screen. Now it just kicked me instantly...

DeletedUser8061

Reproduction Steps:
1. Start supplies production in more than one building.
2. Wait until it's finished.
3. Collect it.
4. (optional) See the amount of supplies is not added to the total amount.
5. Try to start supplies production in the same buildings.
6. (optional) See that all of them except the first one have the "Free Building" icon above them (while they should be working already).
7. Reload the game if step 4 or 6 happens.
8. See that your commands to start production haven't been delivered to the buildings.

Issue Description (10/10): Happens at least twice per every 10 1-hour gatherings (so twice a day for me). If you didn't get step 4 or 6, try to repeat it few times, I'm almost absolutely sure it'll happen. Probably it's connected to other crashed connections to server/game database, which happen constantly for around 2-3 days.

Player: Harleen
World: Dunarsund
Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12
Browser Version: Firefox 52.0.1 (64-bit)
Flash Version: MAC 25,0,0,127
Viewport Size: 1280x671

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes. There are a few comments about this matter, but none reports in the Bugs section.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5429

* New GB window, putting 340 FPs: had to reload game three times.
* Cycling through recurring quests: had to relad game one time.

A real pain in the ass.

Alma65

Merchant
It happens with all actions: I can do a few actions and then I have to reload.

E.g.: collecting goodes, starting production of goods, collecting GBs, collceting coins. Sometimes it works, but often I the screen freezes and I have to reload.

DeletedUser5383

Yes it's just random when it happens but always hangs on the loading shield. Has done it several times during GE, collecting supplies, aiding, tavern run, etc.

Andi47

Overlord
Forge of Reloading again - this time when attempting to open the tavern.

It seems that this bug can happen in every situation of the game. (my guess as mentioned above: I think that the game briefly looses connection (due to suboptimal internet connectivity of the player) and fails to reconnect / resync - this leads to a neverending loading shield when the player attempts to do any action within the game)

podkap1970

Emperor
biggest problem is, there wont be a fix until monday or later
if they find it out, what the problem is
we have this problem since 2 days now ...

DeletedUser7779

Sadly, I guess you're right. This thread was not even forwarded, it only got the 'investigating' tag.
Tbh i don't think it's Internet problem now... What a coincidence would be that all of us have constantly connections issues? Inno probably messed up something when fixing the lost cities yesterday hehe. Fortunately I'm out of town for the weekend, so I won't be playing anyways :)
Have a great weekend all :)