• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Neighborhoods (Scouts Suck)

Thunderdome

Emperor
I think the scouts need to be fired. How could they match a player (me at 323k) with players that are anywhere about twice or 20 times the amount? You would think they would at least place me right in the middle of the neighborhood so at least I could have a little fun. I guess I will have to hit #74 for the time being until they (the scouts) can undo their fiasco and do the right thing.

DeletedUser

lol points
useless

tell something about the eras the players are in

You would think they would at least place me right in the middle of the neighborhood so at least I could have a little fun. I guess I will have to hit #74 for the time
I think in every neighborhood there is a player at the last place :oops:

DeletedUser

Ranking points have nothing to do with hood merges. Also keep in mind that as Beta has a smaller community the system has less players to choose from to merge together.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I know it was a long time since I last saw of this thread, but I am going to say it: you folks were right!

I had to test that theory out by revenging on a city that someone had to attack from... and I won (their 1.3m vs my 400k). I guess it boils down to intel and strategy that makes or breaks a victory.

Still, I will have them scouts flogged, lol.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Try get your GB up in level and you will get more points but what really matter, when it comes to attack and defense is your army.

1. Get a nice defense = 8 updated unit, some ritual flames from GE, event buildings with defense, maybe a GB that help your defense and harvest your town befor your neighbor do it.
2. If you want to attack your neighbors, get Zeus Aachen and CDM up i level and look for event buildings with attack.

If you do this, you will end up in the better end of the neighborhood.

The neighborhod are balanced fine, and help you trade your goods as they are in same age as you when neighborhood changes. Jes there are a few in the lower ages that had been there to long but you get rid of them when you changes age.

One more thing that will place you in the bottom of the neighborhood is to changes ages to fast so your GB not get up in level. Also if you do not do GE, you will miss out good rewards, that could help your town.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Thunderdome, I just took a look at your town. Some play this game fine without buying any diamond, free to play, you sure choose a different way, pay to play.
This game is very balanced, when it comes to pay to play, you won't really get much advantage.
Take a look at my town, I'm one age behind you but I have more point than you. I may use a few diamond more than we get for free here but not many and I play this shard without much GE as I put my energi on my live servers.

DeletedUser8859

Also, compare your City to other cities in your neighborhood. Do not pay attention to ranking points but how the cities are prepared.
  • Are your GBs in same or higher level than your potential enemies?
  • Type and number of special / event buildings?
  • Number of watchfires / ritual flames?
  • Units used, Rogue Hideouts, Champions, etc

Thunderdome

Emperor
Freja,

I could update in saying that I had a little more fun with a person who is like 14mil. I used to be worried when it comes to points because I had initially thought the higher the points the better fortified the person's city is when it comes to units and defense. I try to get updated units by doing GE every week which I get about 3 to 4 (depending how far up I go) to put on to my defense and offense, so I am not too worried on the loss of units. I had researched some folks in the past (by reviewing the playback) that often used the rogue/1 or 2 unit of the same type for attacks that I try to place that within my runs.

DEV is right though, I am a few buildings short from having a full offensive/defensive and hoping I will get expansions so I can place them accordingly. I did spend, not because to get an advantage, but to catch up since Inno deleted my city and account that I had to start from scratch (played five years back and left since real life got in the way; work wise). After the Forge Bowl event, I was well into the Industrial Era set on getting units I can hide into trees with. A crapload of Forge Points later, I managed to get to Modern which I am going to stay for the time being as I am working on getting other goods (should have stayed in Progressive, but those paratroopers were too hard to resist).

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I agree, you sure have a problem. I would not know where to start fixing your town :)
But your story explain a lot.