• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Neighborhood rotation date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
It would be helpful as sometimes it does not seem to be on a set schedule as rotations are not always every 2 weeks. I've seen them not occur for weeks or happen after only 1 week.
Details
Essentially, consider putting the rotation date in the main header bar or maybe within the info menu somewhere. Or, just put a rotation clock on the screen. This information is already provided for gbg and ge, so it doesn't seem like it is too much of an ask.
Balance
I do not forsee it having a significant impact on other areas of the game. If anything, it will allow some players to stragegize era movements or other activities.
Abuse Prevention
I do not foresee this being used any differently by players than is done currently. Players already plan their rotations based on the 'hood rotation.
Summary
This suggestion would simply provide the rotation date for when the neighborhoods will switch up.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes.
Would it be possible to include the neighborhood rotation somewhere within the game?

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I had leaned towards the "not sure" bit as sometimes I get the neighborhood rotation that happen days later after the last one. Then, there were times where I am bunking with the neighbors for nearly a month straight. I guess it goes on how active most are in order for a rotation to happen. Also, it could happen to some guildies where they get a new rotation and a fresh set of neighbors, and some others are stuck with the ones they got because they didn't get a rotation.

Don't really know how "helpful" a timer would be given those "random" circumstances.

Emberguard

Emperor
Not sure if this is valid for beta as we have neighbourhood rotations every week, unlike live servers.
If the value was being manually updated I could see that causing problems.

But if it's automatically generated as a value input from the settings for neighbourhood rotation then I don't see why there'd be any issues given as you said Beta is on one week rotations already. We also don't have problems with all the different servers having language translation and different server times.

A counting down clock wont work since in live servers the rotations are not always on a fixed schedule like every week (Beta) or every two weeks. If set for every two weeks It would run into negative values if due an event or other situation the change is not performed as expected.

A field with Last Rotation Date in the main header bar or within an info tool tip would be better. It would be a fixed value to be updated on the next neighborhood rotation, not a time value being updated with the server clock constantly.

Last edited:
I think you 2 are playing a different game then I. The schedule works flawless.
  • First Game: FOE (Beta Server version), It has a weekly neighborhood rotation, and many features being tested not available yet at the live servers version.
  • Second Game: FOE (Live servers version). Contains features tested in the Bera server, and sometimes modified after Beta testing. Usually runs a two weeks neighborhood rotation but sometimes it is altered during events, or due to other unknown reasons.
Some may argue if FOE pc version and FOE mobile app version are two different games.

Emberguard

Emperor
A counting down clock wont work since in live servers the rotations are not always on a fixed schedule like every week (Beta) or every two weeks. If set for every two weeks It would run into negative values if due an event or other situation the change is not performed as expected.
actually I don’t recall any hood merge skips on live servers for the last year. We’ve only skipped for certain events, Carnival was’t a thing this year and don’t recall if last year summer skipped or not but it isn’t going to this year.

Even if we were still skipping hood merges you’re assuming that the system wouldn’t be able to handle itself around hood skips. Something the devs would have better knowledge on.

A field with Last Rotation Date in the main header bar or within an info tool tip would be better. It would be a fixed value to be updated on the next neighborhood rotation, not a time value being updated with the server clock constantly.
that would also work. I’d prefer countdowm to next rotation but this would work fine

Fenix

Viceroy
In case you didn't notice. The live changes are linked to the beta changes. They occur always in the same day.

The next will be at 29/06/2020 everywhere (not at the same time, but close).

Last edited:
Not sure if this is valid for beta as we have neighbourhood rotations every week, unlike live servers.
Maybe so. The beta server is intended for testing new features, so I mentioned it here. That is how testing works in my real world job as a tester anyways. Everything has to be tested to ensure there are no unintended consequences when moved to the live servers. It can quite surprising at what "breaks" because there can be unexpected links "behind the scenes."

actually I don’t recall any hood merge skips on live servers for the last year. We’ve only skipped for certain events, Carnival was’t a thing this year and don’t recall if last year summer skipped or not but it isn’t going to this year.

Even if we were still skipping hood merges you’re assuming that the system wouldn’t be able to handle itself around hood skips. Something the devs would have better knowledge on.

that would also work. I’d prefer countdowm to next rotation but this would work fine
My intent would be for a countdown clock. Not being able to provide this implies the game developers do not know when the next rotation will be, which I find hard to believe. I would expect there is a date/time field set and the actual rotation action occurs when it hits that point, depending on the timezone in which the server is set. And if this date/time stamp needed to up updated, the countdown would adjust accordingly. This is already implemented in GBG. If a GBG cycle is truncated for some reason, then the timer would adjust accordingly. It happened in the US server I play in about 3 weeks ago when a GBG cycle was cut short by a week for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.