• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Need to go back and forth from city to tech tree, GE or GvG to see (almost!!) all info [45254]

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
Example as it has happened today:
1.) logout in the early morning
2.) GE ends while I was offline
3.) two GBs finished while I was offline
4.) logged in in the late afternoon
5.) got "GE has finished" popup
6.) closed the popup - nothing else happened so far
7.) opened inventory because it was blinking - I saw lots of new FP packages (HOW many are 9+??? Why can't the game write e.g. "23" 10 FP packages when I got 230 FP???)
8.) closed inventory
9.) went to tech tree (going to GE map, continent map or GvG map would work in the same way) with the only(!!!) purpose to trigger more "news while I was offline" popups
10.) went back to city

11.) got a popup that I helped Forge8700 with his Frauenkirche and got a few medals for 5th place
12.) closed this popup
13.) went to tech tree AGAIN with the ONLY purpose to trigger more "news while I was offline" popups
14.) went back to city

15.) the Event history popped up. On 2nd page I see that DonSaldos Arc has finished and I was on 3rd place - wanna know what I got for it....
16.) closed the event history
17.) went to tech tree AGAIN with the ONLY purpose to trigger more "news while I was offline" popups
18.) went back to city

19.) well WHERE is the GB popup for achieving 3rd place in DonSaldos Arc?? Well.... nothing. :-(
20.) had to visit DonSaldo's Arc, click to previous level and use my pocket calculator (with my current Arc bonus) to calculate how many FP, Medals and blueprints I recieved.

Issue Description (10/10): See above: When logging in, and there are several different types of news lurking around, it is quite cumbersome to gather them. Furthermore, when I am offline and more than one GBs finish in the meantime, I get only one GB popup - the others are just not there - and I am quite sure that due to this bug I missed out quite a lot of oppertunities for spending my FP with profitable rewards, because I just did not get notified that these GBs have reached the next level...)

Suggestion (it is 1. and/or 2; suggestion #3 should be implemented anyway):
Option 1.) introduce a new "news" window, which has the following features:
* generate one line each for "extra" news (everything of the kind which is supposed to generate a popup on login)
* give a short summary of the event log
* generate a line in the event log, saying "a News Report has been generated. [Show]"

The News window (which pops up instead of all the other News of the day popups) might look like this (button given in square brackets; a [show info] button would open the respective information window):
* Guild expedition has ended, your guild has achieved 2nd place. [show info]
* We have a new Neighbourhood [show info]
* <player 1>'s Arc has reached level 39, you achieved 4th place [show info]
* <player 2>'s Tower of Babel has reached level 3, you achieved 1st place [show info]
* <player 3>'s Alcatraz has reached level 18, you achieved 7th place [show info]
* 16 players have visited your tavern [show Eventlog] (would open Event history with Friend filter selected)
* 52 players have motivated your buildings [show Eventlog] (would open Event history with Aid events filter selected)
* 17 players have polished you buildings [show Eventlog] (would open Event history with Aid events filter selected)
* 18 player have aided you, but there was nothing to polivate [show Eventlog] (would open Event history with Aid events filter selected)
* 2 players have attacked you [show eventlog] (would show Event history with battle filter selected)
* 1 player has plundered your building [show eventlog] (would show Event history with battle filter selected)
* 1 player has joined your guild [show Eventlog] (would open it with Guild filter selected)

advantage of option 1: I would have a quick summary in a nutshell when logging in, and not so easily miss out a new info, e.g. about GBs which I want to keep track and jump in if there is a profitable reward. A line "a news report has been generated on login" should be generated in the event log together with a show button, so that I can also decide to collect my city production now and read the news report later.

Option 2.) when there is a new info, which is supposed to show as popup (e.g. when going back and forth to tech tree and city), an [ i ] button (i for info) is displayed (maybe below the spot where the "Collect all" symbol appears, or at the right where info icons about happiness, city moon and GB bonuses are displayed. Clicking the [ i ] button would open the respective popup (or all new popups if there are more than one)

Advantage: If I player doesn't want his game flow to be disturbed, he can decide to ignore the [ i ] button.

Suggestion 3.) When the Event History gives a line like "<player>'s Alcatraz has reached level 15, you achieved 3rd place, the [visit] button should be replaced by a [show info] button, which opens the GB popup window (showing the amount of FP, medals and blueprints I got).

Player:
World:
Operating System:
Browser Version:
Viewport Size:

1.101.84d3fc59b9 (08.05.2017 8:31), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 25,0,0,148, Windows 10, Chrome/57.0.2987.133, 1903x950, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
* I think the issue that it is cumbersome to gather all the news of the day has been discussed in the feedback forum quite some time ago. Well.... QUITE some time ago.
* I am not sure whether I have seen a report about the issue described in steps 19 and 20 (getting only one GB popup and missing out all other GBs of the time where I was offline) - maybe this also was quite some time ago or in an other language forum.

DeletedUser8061

It happens to me mostly when I am online. So if someone closes GB I contributed to, I'd need to go to another city, and then go back each time to see the GB level-up rewards window. Because somehow I don't get notified when GB closes. I can only see the +XX medals pop-up & blinking inventory saying I've got new items.

Andi47

Overlord
...and then when going back and forth to get the info, it often happened to me that it crashed due to this nasty memory-leak-o-rama-bugs - and I miss the info anyway.

Andi47

Overlord
*BUMP!!!*

Just missed another opportunity to go for contributor rewards in a Guildmate's GB, because we never get notifications when a GB levels up :-(

DeletedUser

So here's what I know.
Currently it is intended that the GB level up notification will only display after being triggered by another in-game action. Just as the Event History needs a trigger to display.
I have passed on that this is really not a useful notification unless it occurs in real time, such as when you receive 'Player X has motivated your SoK' or similar.
As soon as I hear more info on if this may be changed to real time, I will let you all know, thanks.

Andi47

Overlord
Thanks.

With the "notifications" there is a second issue: When being online, and two or more GBs level up in the meantime, giving triggers (e.g. by going back and forth between tech tree and city several times) will only display ONE GB notification - the others are never displayed.

Edit: The GB notification should be a bit more visible than "player XY motivated your SoK". With motivation- and Tavern notifications it is ok when they disappear after 2 or 3 seconds, but a GB notification should be visible until the user clicks it away.

Suggestion: If you don't want to "bomb" us with unexpected popups, how about an icon (e.g. below the questgivers), which shows that at least one GB, where the player has contributed, has leveled up. Clicking the Icon should bring up the GB popups one by one, until all GB levelups are shown; then the icon disappears for now. Going to the event history and clicking one of the "GB has leveled up, you helped..." lines should also have a button to review the GB notification.

Example - what I am suggesting:
1.) ([Suggestion #1]) While I was online (but maybe away from keybord for a while), 3 GBs where I donated, leveled up - so the suggested GB icon is displayed.
2.) I click the icon
3.) the notification for the first GB is displayed
4.) the Player's name in the notification should be clickable (with context menu), so that I can check whether it is worth for me to contribute some FP to the next level
5.) after eventual check and contribution in step 4, I close the notification
6.) next click at the GB icon --> next notification, with further actions as in steps 3 to 5
7.) next click at the GB icon --> third notification....
8.) no more GBs have leveled up since my last check, so the icon disappeared
9.) [Suggestion #2] if it comes into my mind to e.g. check back for player 1's GB (see step 3) (e.g. "how many blueprints did I get?"), it should be possible to go to the event history and click a "show GB notification" button besides the respective line to open the notification again.

Edit: such a "GB icon" would be much better than having to "stupidly" go back and forth between e.g. tech tree and city to check whether there are new notifications pending.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7529

Its not a bug for Inno, but this "feature" is REALLY VERY ANNOYING for players...
I want to know what I got for contributing to GB.

If for any reason it cant be shown at real time, then at least dont make those notifications be overridden. If there are 3 finished GBs we helped - add arrows "<" ">" to browse all finished GB popups, not only the first one.

Andi47

Overlord
If for any reason it cant be shown at real time, then at least dont make those notifications be overridden. If there are 3 finished GBs we helped - add arrows "<" ">" to browse all finished GB popups, not only the first one.
+1!!!!!!

Andi47

Overlord
I disagree with "not a bug".

My initial posting describes 2 issues:

1st issue: I need to go back and forth to tech tree, GvG map, GE map or continent map to "push" the notifications which say that one of the GBs where I contributed, has leveled up. Well, even if this is the intended behavior, it is very disadvantageous for the player, because many players want to know WHEN it levels, for going save to place 1 or 2 with some profit. (especially when having a high arc and waiting for a GB in the 40ish and 50ish levels to level up)

2nd issue - and this IS a BUG: When more than one GB levels up while being online, only the first GB notification is available (with "pushing" as described in the first issue) - more "pushing" will NOT bring up the second, third, etc. GB notification.

...and I have now found a 3rd issue: When there is a GB notification pending, and I go offline (e.g. when I attempt to push the notification, and instead the game CRASHES due to all these MEMORY LEAKS), the notification will be LOST.

@Zarok Dai - PLEASE remove the "not a bug" tag at lest from issues 2 and 3. And please forward the suggestion that there should be a "GB icon" appearing, if one or more GB notifications are pending. Clicking at this GB icon should bring up the next pending GB notification.

DeletedUser8341

There should definitely be a notifications queue which is cycled through for all pop-ups. Whether the first item is presented as a pop-up initially or as a flashing button somewhere matters far less than that all notifications should be occuring without non-city screen interventions in between. This applies to ALL pop-up notices, including GBs, Events starting/ending, GE starting, etc..

Andi47

Overlord
There should definitely be a notifications queue which is cycled through for all pop-ups. Whether the first item is presented as a pop-up initially or as a flashing button somewhere matters far less than that all notifications should be occuring without non-city screen interventions in between. This applies to ALL pop-up notices, including GBs, Events starting/ending, GE starting, etc..

+1!!!!!
It is a huge nuisance that
  • we don't get notification (and therefore miss out opportunities to grab place 1 or two in freshly leveled up GBs),
  • and that the notifications are lost when we have to reload (e.g. when the game crashes AGAIN)
  • and that we have to jump out and in the city to push notifications when we suspect that there might be some pending ones
  • and even more, that we get only the first one, and all others are not available at all

@Zarok Dai
Has this already been forwarded to the devs?

Last edited:

DeletedUser8471

I noticed this over the course of playing but never realized exactly what was happening. Often when going to check out the tech tree for various reasons (or the other places you had listed) I would come out and get notified about a GB completing that I had already seen the FPs for and wonder to myself "well now who's GB just finished??" And never could get certain ones to trigger a pop up to show the rewards.

I really agree all future development on Historical Quest Lines should be halted until active bugs and issues have been sorted and the game becomes fixed before beginning on new content again.

It can be quite frustrating for players to see bugs constantly appear with no clear indication things are being done to help fix them, and then new content continues to roll out with active bugs still happening.

I'm not one to judge, but your business model is starting to become apparent you are only in this to make quick cash on players as they cycle in and out of the early stages of the game. Possibly fixing bugs would entertain veterans to want to pay for Diamonds. What's the point now if you're not fixing the broken things? It only tells us you are going to continue ignoring issues and focus more on how to make more money faster next event, which is just plain Greedy. Very sad for such an interesting game...

Andi47

Overlord
*Bump*

When I logged in today, I got ONE GB contribution reward message - for contributing to tr8geoff's Zeus.

After going to Tech Tree and back to city, I got this:
Two_GBs.jpg

These are TWO GBs, while I was offline overnight, but only ONE contribution reward message. Why can't I get a contribution reward message for contributing to Jakechip's Arc?

@innogames PLEASE fix this!!

@NormaJeane @Zarok Dai - still with "Investigating" tag? Is it so hard to reproduce?