• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Napoleon Bonaparte Historical Questline

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7942

We love you to bits!

Any chance someone can drop an image of the new Historical Event loading screen? I'm trying to identify all the potential Historical Events this year but my screen loads too quickly to spot them all!

NB-loading-page.gif

qaccy

Emperor
This building provides attack bonus, watchfires provide defense. Attack buildings, though becoming more common, are still much more rare than defense buildings.

Are they, though?

Attack:
1. Zeus (GB; also defense)
2. Aachen (GB; also defense)
3. CDM (GB; also defense)
4. Manta Bay
5. Nautilus Drop
6. Dragon Drone Base
7. Behemoth Hangar
8. Exoskeleton Factory
9. Hover Tank Base
10. Ultra AP Factory
11. Stealth Tank Factory
12. Strike Team Center
13. Attack Helicopter Base
14. Drummer School (event)
15. Speaker's Corner (one-time event*)
16. Checkmate Square (one-time event*)
17. Winner's Plaza (event)
18. Sakura Rock (event; set)
19. Elephant Fountain (event; set)

Defense:
1. St. Basil (GB; also attack)
2. Deal (GB; also attack)
3. C.R.A.B. Lab
4. Turturret Dock
5. Battle Fortress Factory
6. Plasma Range
7. Satellite Uplink Center
8. Rail Gun Range
9. Anti-Materiel Range
10. Microwave Blaster Factory
11. Air Defense Factory
12. Missile Site
13. Monastery (quest)
14. Watchfire (event)
15. Ritual Flame (GE)
16. Tiger's Den (event)
17. Sundial Spire (one-time event*)
18. Athlete Living Quarters (event)
19. Garden Ruins (one-time event*; set)
20. Nishikigoi Pond (event; set)
21. Elephant Fountain (event; set)

I've probably missed some buildings somewhere, but certainly not enough to make the gap large enough to say attack boosts are 'much' more rare than defense buildings. I think the ubiquitous nature of watchfires and now ritual flames probably plays a part in the perception that defense is more common though, and maybe that's what you meant? They're certainly quite readily available compared to most of the other military-boosting special buildings.

*these event prizes may re-appear at some point, but all of them have been specific rewards from event questlines and have not reappeared to date

DeletedUser5160

@Zarok Dai Is there any chance the FP requirements could be lowered? I may make 400ish FP on live servers, but on Beta I struggle to make 70ish every 24 hours. I think that 54 FP for 1 quest is far too high for AF.

DeletedUser

@Zarok Dai Is there any chance the FP requirements could be lowered? I may make 400ish FP on live servers, but on Beta I struggle to make 70ish every 24 hours. I think that 54 FP for 1 quest is far too high for AF.

I am happy to ask :)

Pafton

Viceroy
We love you to bits!

Any chance someone can drop an image of the new Historical Event loading screen? I'm trying to identify all the potential Historical Events this year but my screen loads too quickly to spot them all!
I guess we might see one with Genghis Khan, and maybe another with Madame Marie Curie. Possibly, a questline featuring an Egyptian ruler may appear (Tutankhamen?), though I'm not completely sure, just speculations.

Pafton

Viceroy
Hmm very interesting my guesses from left to right are: Sacagawea Madam Curie Shakespeare Genghis Khan Hattori Hanzo Napoleon Cleopatra Mineko (Memoirs of a Geisha) Van Gogh Paul Revere
It seems unlikely that it'll be Cleopatra, since we had a entire Valentine's event in the past devoted to her and her lovers.

There should be one on Caesar, but it won't (due to the same reasons).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
about 2/3 the bonus in 2/3 the space compared to speaker's corner and checkmate square (two of the most popular buildings in the game). Seems fine :)

Regarding comparing it to defense buildings: defense is budgetted cheaper - this is because it does only one thing (protect your city from plunder attackers) while attack boost helps in many facets of the game. This is absolutely worth the space.

DeletedUser8822

For just a cosmetic building this thing is huge. Cmon.

Last edited by a moderator:

mbk28

Baronet
I don't understand, at the end you ask for 39 pf, why you don't ask for 100 or better 1000 pf? it will be better to say stop to play:mad:

What is the link between Napoléon and "Royal Marble Gateway" ?
I would understand if that new monument was Triumphal Arch (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc_de_Triomphe) or the column Vendome (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Place_Vendôme) or Le Chatelet or The Madeleine Church or Le palais Bourbon or at least Le dome des invalides

But Royal Marbel Gateway let me think to Marble Arch (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marble_Arch) and not reliable to Napoléon Ier.

Is it The Carrousel Triumphal Arch (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc_de_Triomphe_du_Carrousel) ?

An sorry but the Napoléon avatar is not good, a really bad nose... Napoléon had an eagle nose not a trumpet nose

Last edited:

DeletedUser5097

Best say your age as its hard to tell if thats fair or not. Its penuts in later ages.
I wished you theory was true, sadly it's not. Since it heavely depands on game play,
chooises in buildings, etc. for example a player with plenty fp's standby in inventory,
yeah sure your right. A player stocked up and built plenty SoK's and fp-producing
buildings and GB's yeah it's even eassier. However on avrage, meh it's not that
easy on avrage maybe not even realistic duable with the time limit without forcing
players to built plenty SoK's out of inventory and stocking plenty fp's.
I don't understand, at the end you ask for 39 pf, why you don't ask for 100 or better 1000 pf? it will be better to say stop to play:mad:
I strongly agree with you. For avrage players how did not chooise to go nuts on fp's
and built grazy fp farms with SoK, GB's, or having super fp GB's, or plenty fp's in
stock I doubt that it's duable. This only is due the limited time given and depanding
on age high(er) fp's. Like you guys expacting every X age player produce plenty
fp's or got plenty fp's in stock.

Best example I got the feelling that it's assumpt that high age players having on
a dailly base 100-500 fp's productions due fp-farms of their cities. If not it's much
like the assumption is that this players having a ziljoen fp's standby in inventory
with large arcs. I have news for you guys: not all high age players having fp farms
a arc, huge gb's or plenty fp's in stock. This type of requirments are better for DQ,
long events (like a duration of 1 month) not a short event. At least as long events
are supposed to be duable for everyboddy.xd

On the event:

+ Unique idea for attracting a unique person walking in your streets with the building
+ Extra att. is always welcome
+ Very nice start screen pic.
+ Good stuff to win

- DQ-like requirments in missions combined with very limited time, no good => please don't repeat this requirments in future
short events, not all players having fp production as prior 1 nor having plenty in stock since you changed winning fp's in GE
towards our fp bar, not the inventory, if you like to repeat this in the future, please undo that change just a few weeks before
so this DQ like requirments becoming duable for the majority

DeletedUser8059

I am in HMA and struggling to get the fps to complete the quest, 27 is high for lower players. Other wise it is a good quest, nice a short.

DeletedUser8277

It seems unlikely that it'll be Cleopatra, since we had a entire Valentine's event in the past devoted to her and her lovers.

There should be one on Caesar, but it won't (due to the same reasons).
Ah perhaps Nefertiti then.

I'm very much looking forward to (what I think) is the Van gogh one. I'm hoping for a beautiful prize based on his art that at least provides something worth putting it down. Will he roam around my city slicing at his ear? Then I might place whatever it is anyway.

DeletedUser4381

quest #6
infiltrate 5 sectors or buy 10 FP

shouldn't that autocomplete if map is done ?

Not according to support every time I've logged a ticket. If there's an "or" (even if it's incredibly over the top, to act as deterrent from doing the main option) then the quest often doesn't auto-complete. It's actually killed more than one event for me, and is the reason I outright stopped playing the campaign map unless necessary.

DeletedUser8845

Well ... is the Napoleon event over or did I miss something? o_O