• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion More levels for the Statue of Honor

NandodeMC

Merchant
I'm in one of the top guilds in my server and we are very competitive in GbG, which means we get a lot of Statue fragments every day. The problem is that it comes to a point where you have 15 - 20 maxed Statues in your city and you don't know what building to remove next to make some space. Therefore, fragments of the Statue start stacking in your inventory, and all your activity in GbG seems unprofitable (apart from a few diamonds), which means people start losing motivation to make an effort and do more battles. You may think it only affects some people, but we are all constantly gaining fragments, and with the pass of time more and more guilds will start having this problem.

The issue may be patched, at least short-term, by adding a few more levels, even if the fp production on the next levels stays the same, only increasing Guild Points and Guild Goods productions.

CrashBoom

Legend
no

it is the part of the game that players come at the point of having too many of something
sok.jpg

Where is the vote?
there is no vote
because this is not an idea but a discussion

and it is not an idea because then it would be DNSL
Changes to existing rewards.
and the statue is a GBG fighting reward

I'm in one of the top guilds in my server and we are very competitive in GbG, which means we get a lot of Statue fragments every day. The problem is that it comes to a point where you have 15 - 20 maxed Statues in your city and you don't know what building to remove next to make some space. Therefore, fragments of the Statue start stacking in your inventory, and all your activity in GbG seems unprofitable (apart from a few diamonds), which means people start losing motivation to make an effort and do more battles. You may think it only affects some people, but we are all constantly gaining fragments, and with the pass of time more and more guilds will start having this problem.

The issue may be patched, at least short-term, by adding a few more levels, even if the fp production on the next levels stays the same, only increasing Guild Points and Guild Goods productions.
Are you participating in the GbG for your own development? If yes, then FP can be collected on the fields in addition to diamonds. If you participate in the fields in order to compete with rivals, then what's the difference that there are too many Statues of Honor, in large and active guilds there are enough goods in the guild treasury.
If increase the number of levels at the Statue of Honor too often, the gap between top players will increase even more from beginners.

Emberguard

Emperor
You'd have to do far more then just keep adding levels indefinitely to "fix" the problem. Otherwise you either (a) didn't fix anything or (b) created a brand new problem

Think about it. It took you X amount of time to reach Lvl 8 right? If you already have 15-20 maxed out and they only add 1 level then you've already completed a total of 120-160 Statue of Honour levels but would only be getting an additional 15-20 to complete and might already have all of that in inventory. So it'd take you a fraction of the time to complete, possibly no time at all if you already have those levels available to place,

NandodeMC

Merchant
You'd have to do far more then just keep adding levels indefinitely to "fix" the problem. Otherwise you either (a) didn't fix anything or (b) created a brand new problem
That's what I tried to point out, adding levels would be a solution just for short-term. Indeed, the best would be to remake the prize system, maybe turning it similar to how GB leveling works: each level costs more and more effort to complete, and/or each level has less increase in rewards. But, at least for me, it would be a shame if the only alternative for this is to sell the statues to the Antique Dealer...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think most players doing that volume of fights are more interested in the 10 FP lumpsums than the fragments, gathering hundreds or thousands of FP a day from their fights. If they don't want any more statues, I don't think that's a huge problem (I'm actually sorta in this place for the moment on one of my worlds, where I have 12 up, and 3 more max level ones available in inventory but would have to pick some stuff to remove - but I could and possibly should do that)

Emberguard

Emperor
Indeed, the best would be to remake the prize system, maybe turning it similar to how GB leveling works: each level costs more and more effort to complete, and/or each level has less increase in rewards
That would defeat the point of it being not a great building

To me they are fine as they are. Like every other building it is a matter of striking the right balance for your city, your guild, and how you play the game. Both the SoH and the RoV fetch a decent price in the AD. That allows me to keep my AD currency up so I can buy upgrades for other buildings I want more of (Like Colossus and September Cottage) when they come up either for sale or auction.

At my main city, Im happy with one Statue of Honor at top level and a long series of Road of Victory connected to it. The RTVs almost run the city from North to South and got space to add one more. It could be two more if the Winter Train were not crossing across the city behind the Statue of Honor.

In my main city I have 7 each has one RoV. Have 3 in CE, 3 in TE all at level 8 and another at level 7 but have the final u/g for it plus I will put in 2 more when I move to FE. That way I will have get the military boosts plus goods from 3 ages going into the guild treasury. After that any I get will go to the AD.

Owl II

Emperor
So many resources and buildings in the game that accumulate without benefit and without the ability to apply them anywhere. This is annoying, but the situation with SoH is not unique. It's a pity this does reduce the already insignificant rewards at the end of the season

That would defeat the point of it being not a great building
Not necessarily.

Consider if each additional level cost an extra 2000 fragments (just an example, could be more or maybe a % increase instead) than the previous level. While with a great building you are limited to only one building, here you could choose which building you wish to level up since you can build as many as you want. Adding one fp every 2 levels, along with guild rewards every level wouldn't be any more overpowered than any existing great building, plus since it uses a different currency to level you can't boost the currency with an Arc or any other building to get ahead faster.

Adding the same mechanic to the Road to Nowhere would work too, but imho the price would need to be higher than it is now. I believe they are currently too cheap vs. the benefit, and that would only be exasperated if you could level them up.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Adding the same mechanic to the Road to Nowhere would work too, but imho the price would need to be higher than it is now. I believe they are currently too cheap vs. the benefit, and that would only be exasperated if you could level them up.

Well I mean roads to nowhere are currently too space-expensive. I've scarcely built any anywhere. If you could level them up they'd start to have some value maybe, but that already increases their cost too depending how many levels you need to make a useful road. You can't exactly scale up how fast you get fragments that much.

Emberguard

Emperor
Consider if each additional level cost an extra 2000 fragments
that’s my point. If it scales per level with no cap then it just makes it the same concept as a great building: levels limited only by your resources to keep levelling it up. Special buildings are supposed to be restricted in their levels so you have to pick and choose. If you try to eliminate all inventory stock of SoH by simply levelling up the SoH then you’ve defeated the point of it being a special building