• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented MORE COINS FOR MOTIVATION AND POLISHING (improvement)

• Thread starter DeletedUser5791
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5791

Hello

My proposal would be : for the motivation of buildings in the cities of other players to give us more coins, not only 20. I am speaking about the later era - industrial, progress etc.....
It would be one possible way how to improve coins deficite in later ages...

in Bronze age - 20 coins per 1 motivation/polishing click
in Iron age - 50 coins per 1 motivation/polishing click
in E.M.A - 120 coins per 1 motivation/polishing click
in H.M.A - 200 coins per 1 motivation/polishing click
in L.M A. - 400 coins per 1 motivation/polishing click
in Colonial Age - 600 coins per 1 motivation/polishing click
in Industrial Age - 800 coins per 1 motivation/polishing click
in Progressive Age - 1000 coins per 1 motivation/polishing click
in Modern Age - 1500 coins per 1 motivation/polishing click
in Postmodern Age - 2000 coins per 1 motivation/polishing click
in Contemporary Age - 3000 coins per 1 motivation/polishing click

....approximately.

This would accelerate people to motivate/polish more often.

If someone could send this to development team, it would be great!
Just the same way as the main building is not giving anymore only 500 coins in all ages (my idea was sent to moderators), then also for motivation/polishing should be the same.

Thank you. Alena.

p.s. lovely to remind myself when I was for the first time posting on Forum something a year ago having a different nickname probably (cos I am not visiting Forum at all), I posted a wish to have Dresden Frauenkirche as the first one and my idea was implemented. :D lol now I am here again...

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

so you want a reward that is higher than what the other have from your motivation :rolleyes:

if you get a higher reward it MUST depend on what you motivate:
you motivate a bad one hour house or polisha tree you must get less than motivating the big daily house or polish the large building
so the reward should be something like 10% or 20% of what your action brings to the other city

makes the people think about what they motivate. not a random building but what brings most

in Contemporary Age - 3000 coins per 1 motivation/polishing click
you motivate the Shophouse and the other gets 2300 coins more
why should you get 3000 coins for that motivation ?
or even worse: you motivate the 5-min-supply-production that brings the other player a few hundred supplies :eek:

but the actually reward of motivating is not getting the 20 coins
is the chance of getting a BP and the return-motivation from the other

Last edited by a moderator:

OSX MAC

Steward
so the reward should be something like 10% or 20% of what your action brings to the other city

makes the people think about what they motivate. not a random building but what brings most

Nice prop to make people think what they motivate )) but what if they motivate HoF? What reward should they get? 10% of HoF's prestige? ))

DeletedUser

Dont really see this changing anything. Some people dont like taking time to help other cities and others just dont care. And its been said else where that m/p is intended to promote helping others and not meant for personal gain.

DeletedUser5791

I think that to get only 20 coins from P/M is just funny :)
Of course,in some cases it MIGHT be that you get much of coins for WHAT you motivate, definite amount forthe happiness building, shrines or so... and changeable for the buildings of supplies because those buildings can vary in amount of production. But it is not your fault how long the duration of production of supplies was set by the owner of the city, so the changes should be small, otherwise that can cause "depression" while motivating : "Omg, i got only this small amount of coins cos the stupid owner has only 5 mins production."
So to make an "Average amount of coins" for houses and supplies and happiness building motivation and THEN to make it for the WHOLE era would be good, so back to my idea, it is good to have 2000 or 3000 coins per click anyway.... :)
Tell me a house which produces in contemporary only 2000 or 3000 coins. Usually the houses in that era (except the ones
of 1h production) produce 20000 coins daily or 30000 daily.... (with some % bonus from Basilica - in my town)
I think that 2000 in contemporary per click would be ok.
To say that the motivation is set for the help for others and not yourself is a bit silly.
COS WHY PEOPLE WHO WORK MORE SHOULDNT GET COINS AND THOSE WHO LAZILY SIT ON THEIR BOTTOMS GET COINS? By motivating all the neighbours you can get at least 160 000 coins which is 30% of my daily production of coins in my town. Thats nice.
BY THE WAY, IF YOU MOTIVATE, YOU HOPE TO GET PLAN OR GETTING MOTIVATION BACK, SO ALL ACTIONS ARE ALWAYS SELFISH SUBCONSCIOUSLY, IN THEIR ROOT POINT.

DeletedUser1264

I agree that the nonstop 20 coins becomes silly and pointless at a certain stage, and it certainly is monotonous. I don't think the reward should depend on what I polivate, though - I should polivate according to the other player's wishes, not according to what reward I want (well, except if I'm BP hunting!).

How about random rewards something like wishing wells give? The prizes could increase with the age of the thing polivated, and BPs tied to the age of the thing polivated could be added just as they are currently.

DeletedUser

But it is not your fault how long the duration of production of supplies was set by the owner of the city, so the changes should be small, otherwise that can cause "depression" while motivating : "Omg, i got only this small amount of coins cos the stupid owner has only 5 mins production."
how about the depression of the city owner who writes clearly in his profile: motivate houses
and some stupid player still motivates his 5 minute supply production :rolleyes:

and you want a big reward for that :confused:

Tell me a house which produces in contemporary only 2000 or 3000 coins.
I already did, maybe you should read more carefully:
Shophouse 2300 coins :rolleyes:
(and don't come with St. Marcs increases that value. if someone has many of them not all productions are boosted)

I think that 2000 in contemporary per click would be ok.
if you make the smart idea what the motivation brings and give only 10% you could get much more if you do it correct
lets take the King of postmodern era and st. marcs level 10
the motivation brings 37.000 coins, that would be 3.700 for you

By motivating all the neighbours you can get at least 160 000 coins which is 30% of my daily production of coins in my town
and friends and guild members and you don't need to produce coins in your city anymore :eek:

To say that the motivation is set for the help for others and not yourself is a bit silly.
not my opinion
I said: it is to get motivations back --> that means it helps yourself

DeletedUser

another idea (double post is useful for quoting and showing it is something new)
the city owner decide what action is good for him and only good actions gives a reward
then you can get your 2000 per action because the city owner gets what he wants
and not a stupid action because the visitor wants a reward

at the moment in the town hall he can select what goods he offers/needs
there it can be set what action he wants: and in the profile that is shown

if someone only wants motivation of daily houses the visitor only gets a reward for motivating them
so if someone motivates his 5 minute supplies or polish a stupid tree he gets nothing

or does someone really think he deserves 2000 coins for polishing a tree or a 5 minute production which brings 100 supplies

..I don't think the reward should depend on what I polivate, though - I should polivate according to the other player's wishes, not according to what reward I want (well, except if I'm BP hunting!).
then this idea is really good for you:
you get a reward if you do what the city owner wants

DeletedUser

Great idea if so many free coins are available st marks need to be nerved as compensation. Then you have to play more active to gain the same amount of coins.

DeletedUser1264

Not everyone has St Marks.

I like the idea of a percentage or random wishing-well-style rewards that increase with the age the polivator is in. I understand what tree BetaTest is barking up with the idea of town owners setting which actions get big rewards, but in the end I think it's too fiddly.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Imho as a player:
Any player who is real active with motivating/polishing guild members, friends, neighbors, already gets an extra reward, being:
A much better chance at getting BluePrints.

Also, usually you will get more polishing/motivating back in return.

DeletedUser1283

Imho as a player:
Any player who is real active with motivating/polishing guild members, friends, neighbors, already gets an extra reward, being:

True.

DeletedUser

Imho as a player:

well, i tried to motivate every day and then every second day, somewhat unexpectedly I got some more blueprints when I motivated every second day.

DeletedUser5791

I definitely think that some more coins for motivating / polishing would be good. Not only 20 coins. If there is more from main building rasing up the eras, thennot for polishing or motivating?
In contemporary i get daily 500.000 coins from my buildings (houses) with the % bonus from basilica. Then if I got 200.000 more for polishing 100 people (friends, guilders, neighbours) then each would be giving me 2000 coins for each motivation, I dont think that it is too much. It is not my fault that someone has 1h production houses...
Have fun :* Lenne
(chlievik - nickname)

DeletedUser

In contemporary i get daily 500.000 coins from my buildings (houses) with the % bonus from basilica. Then if I got 200.000 more for polishing 100 people (friends, guilders, neighbours) then each would be giving me 2000 coins for each motivation, I dont think that it is too much.
it is too much

if you get 500.000 coins then 250.000 of them are because of motivation from others

that is already the return reward because you polish 100 people and they do that back

It is not my fault that someone has 1h production houses...
it is your fault IF you motivate a 1h house that the other don't get much: motivate a better building :p

but it is not the fault of the game that you need more than 500.000 coins each day :eek:

and for all who think they get too less for motivating others: simply don't do it anymore

I remember a rule for making ideas on the english server
don't post ideas that only makes you richer

this is one of those ideas :rolleyes:

Seconddream

Merchant
I agree with the idea, what reward do you like to get? well i don`t no but only 20 coins do not people motivate for any action.
For the begin 20 coins are fine so it is actual for the later era`s i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.